ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

3 hours ago, Kj224 said:

Did you ever do PE? 

No I didnt even get my official score. A guy from the MTA had called and basically told me I could have sent in a copy of my HS diploma/certificate since i couldnt afford the evaluation. But there was no way to have known that. 

No i did not do PE. He basically said Im off the list. The whole hiring process and rules is arbitrary.

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, misslo said:

No I didnt even get my official score. A guy from the MTA had called and basically told me I could have sent in a copy of my HS diploma/certificate since i couldnt afford the evaluation. But there was no way to have known that. 

No i did not do PE. He basically said Im off the list. The whole hiring process and rules is arbitrary.

I’m a bit lost? They wouldn’t have known you do not have a HS diploma or equivalent unless you went to PE. All this time for me, not one person called me or even spoke to me in MTA until my first PE. I would double check if it’s something else or you misunderstood.

8 hours ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

I’m a bit lost? They wouldn’t have known you do not have a HS diploma or equivalent unless you went to PE. All this time for me, not one person called me or even spoke to me in MTA until my first PE. I would double check if it’s something else or you misunderstood.

I don't remember the application page, but I think they ask for HS education and college education. On the first disqualification letter they stated I didn't have my DL and That my HS edu was not submitted or evaluated. 

30 minutes ago, misslo said:

I don't remember the application page, but I think they ask for HS education and college education. On the first disqualification letter they stated I didn't have my DL and That my HS edu was not submitted or evaluated. 

Sounds like you did not meet the NOE requirements which may be why you were not qualified for the list.

14 hours ago, misslo said:

There is something seriously wrong with your process. If you paid for and taken the 7604 exam, they must give you an official score. 

And like MTAHopeful said the disqualifying factors begin from there for NOE requiements. But, EVERYTHING starts from list number obtained from your official score. If they blunder from not giving you an official score and you can prove it, you will get exceptions which will help your process.

Ok, I'm still waiting to be fingerprinted, but I passed my medical and have been sworn in for the 8/19 class!I

I've been told there is no class past August so any idea in my head to defer and take a vacation was out the window.

1 hour ago, Jericho said:

Ok, I'm still waiting to be fingerprinted, but I passed my medical and have been sworn in for the 8/19 class!I

I've been told there is no class past August so any idea in my head to defer and take a vacation was out the window.

With the restructure taking place the admins keep saying possible front line cuts but the union won't let it happen, not unusual response for the MTA to start cooling down hiring.

4 hours ago, Jericho said:

Who gave you the info that there is no class past August? 

I passed the medical and was sworn in today. List #118*. I asked the employee who swore me in about the August class. It's not full yet. Doesn't seem like a September class is scheduled. I had to sit quietly for a while to get my blood pressure reading down. If you have white coat hypertension ask them to let you sit for a bit. After five minutes mine was normal. 

In case you guys want a real lol, I am sitting on the list at 3,6xx...

I am 40 years old: So IF I do get called, I imagine that it would not be for about another 2.5-3 years. I scored an 86.667 on the test. If I am lucky, the list will not be expired by the time that they get down to me. 

Best of luck to all of you now who are going through the process. 

😔😔😔

51 minutes ago, Harlem said:

I passed the medical and was sworn in today. List #118*. I asked the employee who swore me in about the August class. It's not full yet. Doesn't seem like a September class is scheduled. I had to sit quietly for a while to get my blood pressure reading down. If you have white coat hypertension ask them to let you sit for a bit. After five minutes mine was normal. 

and also if you’re muscular or have big arms. They have 2 wraps, you can ask for the larger cuff if you’re reading higher than normal and for sure  it’ll read a tad lower since it’s not squeezing the life out of you.

naturally we’ll be nervous as well, you can always tell the physician you’re a bit nervous so they don’t think you’re about to catch a heart attack.

i have high BP but I was open about it from the start and had my doctors note. They were aware and I was cleared by the doctor.

1 hour ago, RickFury said:

Who gave you the info that there is no class past August? 

Vargas. She said if I couldn't be in the August class, that there wasn't another to put me in past that.

1 hour ago, Harlem said:

Congratulations! See you in August.

I was surprised that they checked my BP again. I forgot to take my meds for hypertension on top of that, but a doctor put me in a room for a half an hour to rest and I passed on the second try. She tried to calm me down, closed my eyes, and I had myself thinking I was in a tropical rainforest with a waterfall nearby. lol In the end, the other doctor checking my sleep test results said I barely had signs of sleep apnea and had me out the door with the clearance paper in a jiffy. Only thing I got to do is go to a clinic every six months to check my BP.

19 hours ago, Kj224 said:

That sucks, well I guess PD for now...

I was debating whether i should do pd or not because i was being considered for the October class but pd is not like it use to be. Its still a great opportunity though. I have an uncle and 4 cousins who are in pd, my uncle is a detective in intel and is about to retire, one cousin just turned sgt, and the other 3 has at least 2 years. Pension is great, benefits are great, but they mess around with your pay for the first few years until u get ur top pay. Overtime is limited also, i think its 40 hrs every 3 months max. What i like about PD is that theres a vast amount of depts; if u dont like one thing u could move to another dept, with transit u cant, ur options r limited. ur either a conductor, operator, dispatcher, or supervisor. 

22 minutes ago, adam223 said:

I was debating whether i should do pd or not because i was being considered for the October class but pd is not like it use to be. Its still a great opportunity though. I have an uncle and 4 cousins who are in pd, my uncle is a detective in intel and is about to retire, one cousin just turned sgt, and the other 3 has at least 2 years. Pension is great, benefits are great, but they mess around with your pay for the first few years until u get ur top pay. Overtime is limited also, i think its 40 hrs every 3 months max. What i like about PD is that theres a vast amount of depts; if u dont like one thing u could move to another dept, with transit u cant, ur options r limited. ur either a conductor, operator, dispatcher, or supervisor.

At least you don't need a shaving restriction letter lol. I'm a tea2 and I can't stand it anymore,  I need a more relaxed career, let's see what happens. Wish you the best, start studying and get that mindset ready to cram in that info💪🏾

14 hours ago, AgPhoenix2581 said:

And that's the sound of my career going to hell. Guess I'll be using this job to get my shit together and move the hell on.

Do you really dislike being a conductor that badly? I would think it might be easier than being a TO.

20 hours ago, Harlem said:

Do you really dislike being a conductor that badly? I would think it might be easier than being a TO.

It takes too long to get decent pay, and their's only one path to Supervision. Talk about being cuffed at your ankles.

Then their's the limitations of our job duties in the first place. The sooner I can leave this title, the better.

1 hour ago, AgPhoenix2581 said:

It takes too long to get decent pay, and their's only one path to Supervision. Talk about being cuffed at your ankles.

Then their's the limitations of our job duties in the first place. The sooner I can leave this title, the better.

Don't you make 27 per hour?