ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, kev2112 said:

Hope everybody is well.  16xx here. Hoping for some movement (2nd pe)  in the fall. To all the brothers and sisters in school, best of luck to all of you. To everyone like me, stay hopeful. 

15×× same here hope I get an opportunity to join before the year ends.

3 hours ago, kev2112 said:

Did you do a second PE? I haven't yet

Naw only did it once, hopefully we do it again soon. It only last 90 days I was told. Wishful thinking 🙏🏽 Trust they wouldn't had called us in if it wasn't guaranteed already that we were going there. Just playing the waiting game,  this is the part I hate the most. But best believe with some blessings GOD will make it happen. 

Edited by Kj224
Added more content

23 hours ago, kev2112 said:

Hope everybody is well.  16xx here. Hoping for some movement (2nd pe)  in the fall. To all the brothers and sisters in school, best of luck to all of you. To everyone like me, stay hopeful. 

5 hours ago, Kj224 said:

15×× same here hope I get an opportunity to join before the year ends.

I doubt anything will happen for the rest of this year, its going to be pretty quiet til next year late winter/spring probably.

They didnt get any approvals for the 1st quarter yet august class comletes the 4th quarter and as they said when i went for p/e in june they hire per quarter so there may still be some classes its that no one with a link on the inside has gotten any solid class info from any higher ups whether it be from livingston or schoolcar. They havent skipped a quarter yet and i dont think they would at this moment 

Edited by Nexdup

So I am looking through the older posts about the training schedule. Will it start at 7AM weekdays down at PS 248? Coming from Queens, the subway schedule is not going to be fun to handle that early in the morning even if I am willing to wake up at 4AM. Makes me wonder if I should do a 6 month lease somewhere close in Brooklyn. Or if I lease a car, is there decent parking nearby?

9 minutes ago, Jericho said:

So I am looking through the older posts about the training schedule. Will it start at 7AM weekdays down at PS 248? Coming from Queens, the subway schedule is not going to be fun to handle that early in the morning even if I am willing to wake up at 4AM. Makes me wonder if I should do a 6 month lease somewhere close in Brooklyn. Or if I lease a car, is there decent parking nearby?

U won't be at Ps 248 for long. We were there maybe 5 days. 

9 hours ago, Jericho said:

just bite the bullet for the few times you have to come down to south brooklyn. The schedule will have you all over the system so sometimes you'll report to jamaica center or jamaica yard (kew gardens union turnpike) which I'm assuming will be closer for you?

9 hours ago, acabral136 said:

U won't be at Ps 248 for long. We were there maybe 5 days. 

12 minutes ago, nipaaaa said:

just bite the bullet for the few times you have to come down to south brooklyn. The schedule will have you all over the system so sometimes you'll report to jamaica center or jamaica yard (kew gardens union turnpike) which I'm assuming will be closer for you?

That's good to know. I thought we were going to stay down there for a month or so in a classroom setting type of thing. Yea, Jamaica/Corona Yard are definitely the closest to me.

13 hours ago, Jericho said:

That's good to know. I thought we were going to stay down there for a month or so in a classroom setting type of thing. Yea, Jamaica/Corona Yard are definitely the closest to me.

Any body know the last number called for the August class my list number is 133* 

55 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

Take it for what it's worth, but one of my TSSs said there are definitely classes scheduled past August. He didn't go into detail because he got a phone call right when I asked him, but he sounded very sure.

Thank God, there is still hope for me list# 137x

37 minutes ago, Brytstar said:

Thank God, there is still hope for me list# 137x

Anybody working for the city and took the TO what happens with your pension I know you have to do 25 years with transit what happens with your other city time 

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Anybody working for the city and took the TO what happens with your pension I know you have to do 25 years with transit what happens with your other city time 

I got sworn in for the 8/19 class. They gave me a nycers form to fill out to transfer my city time I already have over to theres. I had 2 years of city service prior to this job

26 minutes ago, Mtahopeful121986 said:

I got sworn in for the 8/19 class. They gave me a nycers form to fill out to transfer my city time I already have over to theres. I had 2 years of city service prior to this job

So than when you go to retire 25 years from now you will have 27 years of service and your pension will be based on 27 years 

Just now, Brytstar said:

Will u still be able to stay in your current tier?

Yea your tier won't change, but the service time will still have to be 25. I was going to buy back 3 years to try to retire in 22 but I have to do the full 25.

2 hours ago, Mtahopeful121986 said:

I'm confused I was told from a tss at pe that city time doesn't transfer because mta is state funded. 🤔 As far as comp time is concerned 

Edited by Kj224