Jump to content


Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
ren

T/O #7604 Hiring Process

SevenEleven

LIST STATUS UPDATE: 5/22/2019

This list HAS been established as of 9/19/2018. To view your list number, click here and either type your last name in the search box on the top right or type in "7604" to view the entire list, followed by pressing enter.

PAY: $34 to start, raises to $36 after 231st road day after schoolcar.

TRAINING: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

HIGHEST LIST # CALLED: For initial P/E: (1800s); For Medical: (800s)

CLASSES SCHEDULED FOR 6/10, 7/21 & 8/19

Message added by SevenEleven

Recommended Posts

Hope everybody is well.  16xx here. Hoping for some movement (2nd pe)  in the fall. To all the brothers and sisters in school, best of luck to all of you. To everyone like me, stay hopeful. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, kev2112 said:

Hope everybody is well.  16xx here. Hoping for some movement (2nd pe)  in the fall. To all the brothers and sisters in school, best of luck to all of you. To everyone like me, stay hopeful. 

15×× same here hope I get an opportunity to join before the year ends.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kj224 said:

15×× same here hope I get an opportunity to join before the year ends.

Did you do a second PE? I haven't yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kev2112 said:

Did you do a second PE? I haven't yet

Naw only did it once, hopefully we do it again soon. It only last 90 days I was told. Wishful thinking 🙏🏽 Trust they wouldn't had called us in if it wasn't guaranteed already that we were going there. Just playing the waiting game,  this is the part I hate the most. But best believe with some blessings GOD will make it happen. 

Edited by Kj224
Added more content
  • Thumbs Up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, kev2112 said:

Hope everybody is well.  16xx here. Hoping for some movement (2nd pe)  in the fall. To all the brothers and sisters in school, best of luck to all of you. To everyone like me, stay hopeful. 

 

5 hours ago, Kj224 said:

15×× same here hope I get an opportunity to join before the year ends.

I doubt anything will happen for the rest of this year, its going to be pretty quiet til next year late winter/spring probably.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They didnt get any approvals for the 1st quarter yet august class comletes the 4th quarter and as they said when i went for p/e in june they hire per quarter so there may still be some classes its that no one with a link on the inside has gotten any solid class info from any higher ups whether it be from livingston or schoolcar. They havent skipped a quarter yet and i dont think they would at this moment 

Edited by Nexdup
  • Thumbs Up 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I am looking through the older posts about the training schedule. Will it start at 7AM weekdays down at PS 248? Coming from Queens, the subway schedule is not going to be fun to handle that early in the morning even if I am willing to wake up at 4AM. Makes me wonder if I should do a 6 month lease somewhere close in Brooklyn. Or if I lease a car, is there decent parking nearby?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jericho said:

So I am looking through the older posts about the training schedule. Will it start at 7AM weekdays down at PS 248? Coming from Queens, the subway schedule is not going to be fun to handle that early in the morning even if I am willing to wake up at 4AM. Makes me wonder if I should do a 6 month lease somewhere close in Brooklyn. Or if I lease a car, is there decent parking nearby?

U won't be at Ps 248 for long. We were there maybe 5 days. 

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jericho said:

So I am looking through the older posts about the training schedule. Will it start at 7AM weekdays down at PS 248? Coming from Queens, the subway schedule is not going to be fun to handle that early in the morning even if I am willing to wake up at 4AM. Makes me wonder if I should do a 6 month lease somewhere close in Brooklyn. Or if I lease a car, is there decent parking nearby?

just bite the bullet for the few times you have to come down to south brooklyn. The schedule will have you all over the system so sometimes you'll report to jamaica center or jamaica yard (kew gardens union turnpike) which I'm assuming will be closer for you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

9 hours ago, acabral136 said:

U won't be at Ps 248 for long. We were there maybe 5 days. 

12 minutes ago, nipaaaa said:

just bite the bullet for the few times you have to come down to south brooklyn. The schedule will have you all over the system so sometimes you'll report to jamaica center or jamaica yard (kew gardens union turnpike) which I'm assuming will be closer for you?

That's good to know. I thought we were going to stay down there for a month or so in a classroom setting type of thing. Yea, Jamaica/Corona Yard are definitely the closest to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Jericho said:

 

That's good to know. I thought we were going to stay down there for a month or so in a classroom setting type of thing. Yea, Jamaica/Corona Yard are definitely the closest to me.

Any body know the last number called for the August class my list number is 133* 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pete said:

Any body know the last number called for the August class my list number is 133* 

Im # 119x and was sworn in for the 8/22 class. Another guy there who got sworn in was in the very low 1200s

Edited by JonJack12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JonJack12 said:

Im # 119x and was sworn in for the 8/22 class. Another guy there who got sworn in was in the very low 1200s

Ok thanks I’m not that far away they just need to have some more classes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Take it for what it's worth, but one of my TSSs said there are definitely classes scheduled past August. He didn't go into detail because he got a phone call right when I asked him, but he sounded very sure.

  • Thumbs Up 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

Take it for what it's worth, but one of my TSSs said there are definitely classes scheduled past August. He didn't go into detail because he got a phone call right when I asked him, but he sounded very sure.

Thank God, there is still hope for me list# 137x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Brytstar said:

Thank God, there is still hope for me list# 137x

Anybody working for the city and took the TO what happens with your pension I know you have to do 25 years with transit what happens with your other city time 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pete said:

Anybody working for the city and took the TO what happens with your pension I know you have to do 25 years with transit what happens with your other city time 

I got sworn in for the 8/19 class. They gave me a nycers form to fill out to transfer my city time I already have over to theres. I had 2 years of city service prior to this job

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Mtahopeful121986 said:

I got sworn in for the 8/19 class. They gave me a nycers form to fill out to transfer my city time I already have over to theres. I had 2 years of city service prior to this job

So than when you go to retire 25 years from now you will have 27 years of service and your pension will be based on 27 years 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

I asked the same thing but they told us it has to be 25 with transit. Your previous nycers time doesn't count towards retirement. 

Will u still be able to stay in your current tier?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Brytstar said:

Will u still be able to stay in your current tier?

Yea your tier won't change, but the service time will still have to be 25. I was going to buy back 3 years to try to retire in 22 but I have to do the full 25.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

Yea your tier won't change, but the service time will still have to be 25. I was going to buy back 3 years to try to retire in 22 but I have to do the full 25.

Thanks for the info. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mtahopeful121986 said:

I got sworn in for the 8/19 class. They gave me a nycers form to fill out to transfer my city time I already have over to theres. I had 2 years of city service prior to this job

I'm confused I was told from a tss at pe that city time doesn't transfer because mta is state funded. 🤔 As far as comp time is concerned 

Edited by Kj224

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Kj224 said:

I'm confused I was told from a tss at pe that city time doesn't transfer because mta is state funded. 🤔 As far as comp time is concerned 

Yes thats correct. My nycers  years of service time transferred over not my city time (vacay, sick leave comp) did not 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see P/E has made it to 1800 as of 3 months ago according to the top of this page. I'm curious if anybody past that number has been called for P/E yet? I'm 23xx and curious how far away I am from the initial call. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.