ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

36 minutes ago, Harlem said:

Sorry to hear about this. Ouch. As they say though, one door closes and another one opens. Do you think they sent the letter because they believe your tickets indicate you will become an unsafe train operator?

I doubt it. I'm sure plenty of people who have gone through did the exact same, as they advised. My tickets are nothing far from ordinary like anyone else can have. Most importantly, as I quote "DRIVERS license has no regard in the pursuit of this position as it is not related to driving a train" (something along that nature)...so if they did assess that in such manner...then its hypocritical to emphasise that my license record doesnt matter. Hence to why they advise some to just "take the hit" in order to move forward from PE....with that being said, then I'm also robbed of the chance to have fought the "assessed" tickets. They wouldn't be there on my record for them to consider....its just seems all across the board wrong. I do appreciate the words of wisdom, thank you.

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Pete said:

Checked with DCAS today last number Last list number Hired 1212 

Hired ok so what does the list certification mean or event the point? Because it’s already in the 1900’s so does that mean between 1212 and 1947, they’ll have to wait in order? Thanks 

8 minutes ago, Andres718 said:

Hired ok so what does the list certification mean or event the point? Because it’s already in the 1900’s so does that mean between 1212 and 1947, they’ll have to wait in order? Thanks 

That the list number that the TA thinks there going to reach to fill there opening that not the number of jobs they looking to fill because not everyone will take the job when called the 1212 number is the number of the last person in the August class and they call in number order next list number up is lucky 1213

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Kj224 said:

O wow I'm blind smh I don't know why I thought it was 2019

Lol you got me excited as well. We just have to patient and wait for our turn. I’m guessing they’ll have another round of pe’s early next year. We’re only 4 months away , we’ve already waited close to 2 years. So what’s another few months right ? 👍🏼

On 8/27/2019 at 12:44 PM, Pete said:

Checked with DCAS today last number Last list number Hired 1212 

Hey guys, I'm new to the group. I currently work as a Bus Operator in SI and I picked up the gentleman that works at 180 Livingston (short caucasian). I asked him what was last list number hired and he told me it was 1067. I don't know if he or Ms. Vargas would be more accurate. He told me to be patient as TO list normally doesnt move as fast as others, such as BO.

1 hour ago, jman120 said:

Hey guys, I'm new to the group. I currently work as a Bus Operator in SI and I picked up the gentleman that works at 180 Livingston (short caucasian). I asked him what was last list number hired and he told me it was 1067. I don't know if he or Ms. Vargas would be more accurate. He told me to be patient as TO list normally doesnt move as fast as others, such as BO.

Or as fast as the conductors list, they're already in the 1600s on the C/R list

4 hours ago, jman120 said:

Thanks for the info!

12 hours ago, FilippoSironi said:

What do they do at the initial PE and what documents should i have ready to bring to it?

They will send u a letter with a list of documents but basically they want your social security card, photo ID, birth certificate or us passport, high school diploma or ged. They also want the paperwork that they send u regarding employment history filled out.