Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
ren

T/O #7604 Hiring Process

SevenEleven

LIST STATUS UPDATE: 9/08/2019

This list HAS been established as of 9/19/2018. To view your list number, click here and either type your last name in the search box on the top right or type in "7604" to view the entire list, followed by pressing enter.

PAY: $34 to start, raises to $36 after 231st road day after schoolcar.

TRAINING: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

HIGHEST LIST # CALLED: For initial P/E: (1370s); For Medical: (1200s)

CLASSES SCHEDULED FOR --

Message added by SevenEleven

1 hour ago, Fredman0220 said:

Yea that’s correct. They all got drafted to the A.

Anyone know up to what number they called. I’m 137x and my 2nd PE was in June. Still patiently waiting for my next notice. 

3 minutes ago, Brytstar said:

Anyone know up to what number they called. I’m 137x and my 2nd PE was in June. Still patiently waiting for my next notice. 

Per the DCAS phone line that is updated every Sunday, the last number hired was 1212

On 10/30/2019 at 7:38 AM, kev2112 said:

16xx    Still waiting. Hope the list gets rolling again. 

I'm hoping this rally they're having doesn't effect the hiring process for TO. I'm ready to start lol

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/30/2019 at 10:49 AM, Pete said:

They hired people that Deferred in the past 26 in the last class 1225 last number hired

What do you mean by “in the past 26” 

People that either deferred the job or were on medical holds we’re called for this class the class-size was 26 people they are now up to list number 1225 Hopefully they are caught up now and the next class will go in order

1 hour ago, Pete said:

People that either deferred the job or were on medical holds we’re called for this class the class-size was 26 people they are now up to list number 1225 Hopefully they are caught up now and the next class will go in order

Ok that makes sense. I also deferred. I just recently put my name back on the list but I haven’t heard anything yet.

im in school car now and was wondering does anyone know how i can go back to my previous title with mta and how long does it take?

Edited by FatboyNYC

45 minutes ago, FatboyNYC said:

im in school car now and was wondering does anyone know how i can go back to my previous title with mta and how long does it take?

Why would you ask that? Is the material too hard for T/O? 

54 minutes ago, Andres718 said:

This job isn’t for everyone. Or maybe he has other circumstances where he needs to go back to his former title.

The material isn’t hard - just a large amount of things to memorize.

1 hour ago, FatboyNYC said:

You should speak to the school & your instructors. They will direct you to the proper person to talk to. Idk about how long it takes to place you back in your former title, but it shouldn’t take long (TA always works fast when it comes to saving their money).

52 minutes ago, Andres718 said:

not at all, pretty easy if you pay attention and study, school car is fun actually. my issue is starting from the bottom and having to pay your "dues" and work horrible shifts for a few years where as in my previous title since i had seniority my shifts where pretty good and the days off that i wanted.

4 hours ago, FatboyNYC said:

not at all, pretty easy if you pay attention and study, school car is fun actually. my issue is starting from the bottom and having to pay your "dues" and work horrible shifts for a few years where as in my previous title since i had seniority my shifts where pretty good and the days off that i wanted.

Gotcha , makes total sense. Thanks for the response, good luck.

Yeah this also happened in the other conductor class this guy came from station agent and was in school car for conductor and quit and went back to station agent. Losing your seniority isn't for everybody, when I go from c/r to t/o in a year I'll lose my seniority but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to take. The crew office will screw you over big time with no regard to where you stand. Even though most of them were conductors and train operators before they went to assigning your schedule.

12 hours ago, Schecter said:

Yeah this also happened in the other conductor class this guy came from station agent and was in school car for conductor and quit and went back to station agent. Losing your seniority isn't for everybody, when I go from c/r to t/o in a year I'll lose my seniority but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to take. The crew office will screw you over big time with no regard to where you stand. Even though most of them were conductors and train operators before they went to assigning your schedule.

Doing it towards the beginning of your career is generally easier since you're not as complacent and more open minded to change.  

I don't knock anyone for staying in title or passing a promotion because of their schedule.  We all have lives outside of this job.  That's the beauty of this place, it's your option.  

3 hours ago, Boronic said:

Doing it towards the beginning of your career is generally easier since you're not as complacent and more open minded to change.  

I don't knock anyone for staying in title or passing a promotion because of their schedule.  We all have lives outside of this job.  That's the beauty of this place, it's your option.  

Yeah I agree with you 100%

Anybody on here went in the Oct 28 class? If so, heard anything about upcoming classes? and whats your list number?  My guess is they are going to wait until the next quarter which is early next year to schedule more classes, that seems to be the trend, every  months or so they schedule about 3-4 classes.  

10 hours ago, TOHopeFull2019 said:

Anybody on here went in the Oct 28 class? If so, heard anything about upcoming classes? and whats your list number?  My guess is they are going to wait until the next quarter which is early next year to schedule more classes, that seems to be the trend, every  months or so they schedule about 3-4 classes.  

Also curious about this, also what about Initial PE’s? I’ve heard several people here went for their 2nd but haven’t heard back, or went on their 1st etc. has anyone heard if that will be ramped again next year? Thanks  

• Upvote 1

Called DCAS yesterday. (i call every Monday).  The last bit of info they give is the latest number hired. This week it jumped by about 50. Not sure what that means as far as the list moving again, but I hope it get's going soon. Hope everybody is well. 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, kev2112 said:

Called DCAS yesterday. (i call every Monday).  The last bit of info they give is the latest number hired. This week it jumped by about 50. Not sure what that means as far as the list moving again, but I hope it get's going soon. Hope everybody is well. 

Did they say what the highest number called for initial PE was?

2 hours ago, FilippoSironi said:

Did they say what the highest number called for initial PE was?

No. I'm 16xx and my first and only P/E was a year ago. 

Thanks for the update kev2112. The thread has been dead lately. I'm right there with you. Last year this time the thread was buzzing. 

Edited by rondread445

4 minutes ago, rondread445 said:

Thanks for the update kev2112. The thread has been dead lately. I'm right there with you. Last year this time the thread was buzzing. 

Yeah this thread died faster than the speed of light idk what happened