ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

Just to give you guys some measure of hope. Everywhere I go I meet older guys saying they are retiring soon. One guy even said he's putting his papers in this week. The current pick ends this Saturday 11/16 and then the next one will start, and they will probably have a better idea of how many people they need at that point. So dont lose hope and keep waiting patiently and you will be here soon. 

Edited by acabral136

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/14/2019 at 8:46 AM, kev2112 said:

Called DCAS yesterday. (i call every Monday).  The last bit of info they give is the latest number hired. This week it jumped by about 50. Not sure what that means as far as the list moving again, but I hope it get's going soon. Hope everybody is well. 

Does anyone have the number for DCAS.  My list number is 1291.  Just waiting for that call.  

On 11/14/2019 at 8:46 AM, kev2112 said:

Called DCAS yesterday. (i call every Monday).  The last bit of info they give is the latest number hired. This week it jumped by about 50. Not sure what that means as far as the list moving again, but I hope it get's going soon. Hope everybody is well. 

Does anyone have the phone number kev is speaking of.  

17 hours ago, rondread445 said:

Hey guys, can anyone tell if the hire slowdown is due to the current contract negotiations or something else. 

I don't think anybody that is privy to that information would willingly post it in here but that's a good assumption to make. I have also heard it said that a lot of people who are planning to retire are waiting to see how the new contract looks. If it's worth their while to stick around for a little longer they might and if it isn't, then they'll put their papers in. So I would expect there to be new classes announced after the new contract, but that's just the detective in me making a guess. 

On 11/26/2019 at 6:13 PM, acabral136 said:

I don't think anybody that is privy to that information would willingly post it in here but that's a good assumption to make. I have also heard it said that a lot of people who are planning to retire are waiting to see how the new contract looks. If it's worth their while to stick around for a little longer they might and if it isn't, then they'll put their papers in. So I would expect there to be new classes announced after the new contract, but that's just the detective in me making a guess. 

People who are ready to retire are retiring.  The pilot program to cash out 50% of the remaining sick time will most likely not continue with the next contract

As the one year anniversary of my first P/E comes and goes, I guess its time to really forget about getting called for quite a while. A Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of you on here. Hopefully better things coming in 2020. God Bless.    16XX

On 11/28/2019 at 3:19 PM, Dave2836 said:

People who are ready to retire are retiring.  The pilot program to cash out 50% of the remaining sick time will most likely not continue with the next contract

Oh I'm not sure about the particulars, just repeating what I have heard people say. I'm still very very new and don't know the details of the job aside from operating and signals lol. For example I have a date and time to pick vacation (Friday morning) yet I have no idea still how it works. I'm gonna just go to a pick location and ask because I know I'm not getting anything good anyway. 

10 hours ago, kev2112 said:

As the one year anniversary of my first P/E comes and goes, I guess its time to really forget about getting called for quite a while. A Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of you on here. Hopefully better things coming in 2020. God Bless.    16XX 

I'm right there with you, hopefully by next spring they'll start calling again. Happy holidays everyone! 15XX 

15 minutes ago, rondread445 said:

I just saw my name pop up on the certification list 12/6/19. I'm guessing I'll be taking my third (and hopefully final) PE soon. Anyone else check the list? 

https://data.cityofnewyork.us/widgets/a9md-ynri

Mine shows the same thing but # of vacancies only says 15. 

I did my first PE 12/3/18 - my list number is pretty high up tho. 

1 hour ago, Kidbx175 said:

Mine shows the same thing but # of vacancies only says 15. 

I did my first PE 12/3/18 - my list number is pretty high up tho. 

Yeah, I noticed the vacancies have dropped considerably since last year this time. Hopefully they keep it moving, right now it's slowly but surely. At least it's some kind of movement... right? 

Edited by rondread445

The previous T/O list, exam 8098 was extended. Keep in mind there was a hiring freeze during this lists lifetime. If one has the curiousity and the patience, they could read through 8098s thread. Granted it’s more than 240 pages, but you can see what number they reached during that lists normal four years, and after it’s extension. Have faith, do not lose hope, and most importantly, BE PATIENT. MTA = might take awhile