ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/3/2020 at 12:32 PM, RTOMan said:

Thats because Two Bway is Closed...

PS 248 isn't really dealing with stuff right now and the MOST important thing...

They need bodies..

Believe me yer schoolcar buddy would have been shown the door otherwise...

Three Homesignal overruns shows utter recklessness you can tell him i said that...

I was one of the first open competitive classes down here in 2001 they was clipping some of us for hitting automatics..

Oh I believe it.

From my understanding - he's calmed down a lot and kept his nose clean, so he probably learned what not to do.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/24/2012 at 11:20 AM, paulrivera said:

Only on Jan. 1 :P

The midnight shift that day must be a gold mine for those just out of schoolcar...

On 4/15/2020 at 3:27 PM, trackerjack said:

honestly bro......i wished i got called.  I'll be working.  making money.  sure it's a risk....we can die, we can spread it, but with a mask, this mitigates the risks.  But i rather have money than starve to death.  but this is just me personally.  i don't think we'll ever get called man.  be safe man

All I will say is, I was in your position before getting called and people on here were saying don't be in a rush to come down here. 

Now that I'm on my own, I see why they warned me about that. Transit's screw office will constantly shift your tours around when u are new, with little advance notice, screwing up your circadian rhythm. They don't give a damn about doing that. Or how it affects its frontliners.

I love the job itself but gonna be honest, I've had to sacrifice a lot of personal time to make this work. Just understand that reality when u do come down here.

14 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

All I will say is, I was in your position before getting called and people on here were saying don't be in a rush to come down here. 

Now that I'm on my own, I see why they warned me about that. Transit's screw office will constantly shift your tours around when u are new, with little advance notice, screwing up your circadian rhythm. They don't give a damn about doing that. Or how it affects its frontliners.

I love the job itself but gonna be honest, I've had to sacrifice a lot of personal time to make this work. Just understand that reality when u do come down here.

Everybody has a different experience I guess. I was worried about everything u said here but honestly my tour hasn't changed once and my days off have pretty much been the same. I don't feel like it's affected my life outside of work much except for having to be up so early (I'm on AMs). Maybe I'm just one of the lucky ones so far but I can't really complain about the crew office. I live in the Bronx and since I came out I've only been sent out to Brooklyn 2 times. Most of the time I've been sent to van cortland and Woodlawn which are the closest to where I live.

Edited by beanz

25 minutes ago, beanz said:

Everybody has a different experience I guess. I was worried about everything u said here but honestly my tour hasn't changed once and my days off have pretty much been the same. I don't feel like it's affected my life outside of work much except for having to be up so early (I'm on AMs). Maybe I'm just one of the lucky ones so far but I can't really complain about the crew office. I live in the Bronx and since I came out I've only been sent out to Brooklyn 2 times. Most of the time I've been sent to van cortland and Woodlawn which are the closest to where I live.

I hear you. Others will have diff experiences. The crew office didn't bother honoring my preference sheet in any way, shape or form. And I've seen that for others aa well. So I guess it is subjective.

16 hours ago, MarkGuy said:

I hear you. Others will have diff experiences. The crew office didn't bother honoring my preference sheet in any way, shape or form. And I've seen that for others aa well. So I guess it is subjective.

You at the bottom of the barrel so of course they ain’t gon respect your preference sheet! When I first came out of school car I had Wednesday and Thursday off which made the weeks go by super super fast! Once you start gaining seniority and more classes come out after you then they would start respecting your seniority. 

56 minutes ago, Elfamoso2020 said:

You at the bottom of the barrel so of course they ain’t gon respect your preference sheet! When I first came out of school car I had Wednesday and Thursday off which made the weeks go by super super fast! Once you start gaining seniority and more classes come out after you then they would start respecting your seniority. 

Yeah, but they granted preference sheets to some t/o's fresh outta schoolcar--also at the bottom, but not others. Which is BS. I'm not gonna call them and complain, but I wanna vent a little. I hate weekday RDO's with a passion. 

3 hours ago, MarkGuy said:

Yeah, but they granted preference sheets to some t/o's fresh outta schoolcar--also at the bottom, but not others. Which is BS. I'm not gonna call them and complain, but I wanna vent a little. I hate weekday RDO's with a passion. 

You know what they got granted ?

You better start getting used to them weekday RDOs lol 

3 hours ago, MarkGuy said:

Yeah don't call and complain a couple worker of mine said he called to complain and they did him dirty. They messed up his RDOs and his tour and the train line he was on

3 minutes ago, Kidbx175 said:

Someone on the conductor forum just said they got some sort of survey/pre employment Email. I thought we were on. A hiring freeze ? Is there still hope !!!! ??  I hope so lol. 

Yeah I got the email I heard from someone that they're starting classes in June don't quote me though

6 hours ago, Schecter said:

Yeah I got the email I heard from someone that they're starting classes in June don't quote me though

Starting classes in June? With everything going on I'd be shocked. I was hoping maybe for July or August. Originally, there were no Conductor or Train Op classes scheduled for all of 2020. The Rona mighta changed that. I have a hook in training. I'll try to find out about June.

14 minutes ago, fg8297 said:

Starting classes in June? With everything going on I'd be shocked. I was hoping maybe for July or August. Originally, there were no Conductor or Train Op classes scheduled for all of 2020. The Rona mighta changed that. I have a hook in training. I'll try to find out about June.

Yeah lemme know when you do, because I was thinking the same thing.

The $64,000.00 question is how many vacancies do they intend on filling. 10, 50 500???  I’m 163x so the answer COULD be a life changer for me. I’m ready, willing and able to start tomorrow if they called me. Lol

Edited by Embalmman

14 hours ago, MarkGuy said:

Gotta pay your dues bro we’ve all been through it I’m sure they explained that stuff to you in orientation about how this job is. When you actually get to pick your first job you won’t be seeing weekend RDO’s for years. 

2 hours ago, Embalmman said:

The $64,000.00 question is how many vacancies do they intend on filling. 10, 50 500???  I’m 163x so the answer COULD be a life changer for me. I’m ready, willing and able to start tomorrow if they called me. Lol

Next month I'm off probation for c/r I'm ready to jump to the front so I agree how many vacancies do they intend on filling. But like I said previously I've heard a lot of people are going to start retiring and a lot of us sadly have passed away so they need bodies to operate these trains.

38 minutes ago, Jchambers2120 said:

Gotta pay your dues bro we’ve all been through it I’m sure they explained that stuff to you in orientation about how this job is. When you actually get to pick your first job you won’t be seeing weekend RDO’s for years. 

Def. I'm dealing with the rdos. Just odd that some people get their wishlists granted straight out of school car. I personally know a few who did. But others don't. Guess it's luck of the draw.

2 hours ago, MarkGuy said:

Def. I'm dealing with the rdos. Just odd that some people get their wishlists granted straight out of school car. I personally know a few who did. But others don't. Guess it's luck of the draw.

Welcome to the suck.

Think of it this way - it can only get better from here.

4 hours ago, Embalmman said:

This RDO talk doesn’t bother me one bit. For the better part of a decade my rdo were Tuesday/ Wednesday. These days my rdo is Friday. It is literally and figuratively BLOOD MONEY 

lol for real there’s many factors as to why preferences don’t get honored, that’s something that we all should expect starting at the bottom of the seniority list! 

I was reading some of the other titles. I saw that some people received a survey via email about T/O. Has anyone received this survey? I have not received anything as of yet. 

List #18XX

Edited by Mel20