ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

3 minutes ago, Mel20 said:

I was reading some of the other titles. I saw that some people received a survey via email about T/O. Has anyone received this survey? I have not received anything as of yet. 

List #18XX

Yeah i received an email and an automated call as well

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/25/2020 at 12:15 AM, MarkGuy said:

Def. I'm dealing with the rdos. Just odd that some people get their wishlists granted straight out of school car. I personally know a few who did. But others don't. Guess it's luck of the draw.

Did you get AMs yet? Cause somebody at the crew office noticed this discrepancy and my whole class just got changed to PMs😄😄

17 minutes ago, Mel20 said:

I was reading some of the other titles. I saw that some people received a survey via email about T/O. Has anyone received this survey? I have not received anything as of yet. 

List #18XX

I overheard a couple of schoolcar TSS last week say that they are starting to analyze ways to start classes again while staying safe. So maybe they are hoping to start a few as soon as this thing comes down to a manageable level. 

5 minutes ago, beanz said:

I overheard a couple of schoolcar TSS last week say that they are starting to analyze ways to start classes again while staying safe. So maybe they are hoping to start a few as soon as this thing comes down to a manageable level. 

Yeah I heard the same exact thing from a school car TSS who was at Pelham Bay last week. He said there's definitely going to be more classes sometime soon, how soon no clue probably before the end of this year or the beginning of next year probably. Sadly we lost a lot of people due to COVID 19 that we need more employees 😞 

Hope everybody is well. Called DCAS for my weekly check in to make sure Im still on the list. Today the only difference was the automated message referred to it as the "primary" list. Anyone knows what this means?  Many thanks. 16xx

On 6/2/2020 at 7:51 AM, kev2112 said:

Hope everybody is well. Called DCAS for my weekly check in to make sure Im still on the list. Today the only difference was the automated message referred to it as the "primary" list. Anyone knows what this means?  Many thanks. 16xx

Yeah I'm on the primary list also I have no clue what it means either.

Yea, many train operators are retiring. Other people on the list move on to something else. Or don't make it through medical, school car, probation, or do something crazy like crash a train into another doing a layup.

Previous list had Transit calling people in 8 years later too. 

10 minutes ago, Schecter said:

You never know the last appointed was 1228, you never know how many people the MTA will be looking to hire in the next 2 years.

I was 114X and there are only about ten train operators below me in the seniority list for the B division and I believe they only hired like 8 more T/O that went into the A division. Which means they definitely go through a lot of people who don't make it through the hiring process.

Edited by Jericho

7 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Yea, many train operators are retiring. Other people on the list move on to something else. Or don't make it through medical, school car, probation, or do something crazy like crash a train into another doing a layup.

Previous list had Transit calling people in 8 years later too. 

I was 114X and there are only about ten train operators below me in the seniority list for the B division and I believe they only hired like 8 more T/O that went into the A division. Which means they definitely go through a lot of people who don't make it through the hiring process.

less than 150 to reach my number from those appointed for my turn and it feels like forever. 

I agree a lot of people don't make it even past school car there was a conductor in school car for train operator who moved the train during the yard practical even though he was told not to, happened in Livonia Yard they told him to simulate what he would do. From what I'm hearing from a lot of train operators its not hard but its up to the person if they can grasp what's going on. 

1 minute ago, Mtahopeful121986 said:

Thanks for the info guys, good luck to all I hope they extend this list least a year

Btw did you check your email because MTA sent a survey to people asking if they're still interested in being hired in the future.

1 minute ago, Mtahopeful121986 said:

Im in the im in the early 2300s but I never got a email regarding that. Have u been called for pre employment yet? 

I did back in school car for conductor back last June but I signed the bottom of the paper because I knew they weren't no where near close to my list number which is 131X