Jump to content

Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
ren

T/O #7604 Hiring Process

SevenEleven

LIST STATUS UPDATE: 9/08/2019

PAY: $34 to start, raises to $36 after 231st road day after schoolcar.

TRAINING: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

HIGHEST LIST # CALLED: For initial P/E: (1370s); For Medical: (1200s)

CLASSES SCHEDULED FOR --

Message added by SevenEleven

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, Mtahopeful121986 said:

I hope they extend this list only two more years left and they havent even got to the 2000s yet

They most likely will with a lot of retiring happening towards the end of this year and sadly our brothers and sisters who have passed away may they rest in peace.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, beanz said:

There's been more classes than that. I was ta79 in july along with ta80. They are up to ta86. Ta84, 85 and 86 got stuck doing yx for 3 months because of covid. They just went out doing road ops or road posting now idk which.

Perhaps but i was more so referring to b div classes in the above instances. There was a class of b div conductors after August but i believe August was the last b div t/o class

 

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2020 at 2:02 PM, mediccjh said:

Sit back and wait. It will come to you. Trust me (and @RTOMan will back me up on this one).

Oh yes sit back y'all because as mediccjh said they are gonna need bodies soon..

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone

I come bearing news from a few schoolcar TSSs last week that there will be another class of 50 train operators/conductors before the end of the year. They said they should be expecting medical calls by late July/early August. The classes will be much smaller due to Covid 19 in the traditional sense with the same amount of TSSs. Hopefully this budget crisis the MTA keeps talking about doesnt interfere with this information. Best of luck. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TransitStyle said:

Hey everyone

I come bearing news from a few schoolcar TSSs last week that there will be another class of 50 train operators/conductors before the end of the year. They said they should be expecting medical calls by late July/early August. The classes will be much smaller due to Covid 19 in the traditional sense with the same amount of TSSs. Hopefully this budget crisis the MTA keeps talking about doesnt interfere with this information. Best of luck. 

Man that sucks. Small class and only 1 more before the end of the year??? Guess I will have to wait a long long time /cry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m 161* on the list and did my 2nd P/E on 6/28/19 and haven’t heard anything since. What is the highest number that has made it into a class ? Good Luck and Good Health to everybody !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Daximilian said:

I’m 161* on the list and did my 2nd P/E on 6/28/19 and haven’t heard anything since. What is the highest number that has made it into a class ? Good Luck and Good Health to everybody !

Last number appointed was 1228 

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Embalmman said:

They just certified 12000 of us. For 57 vacancies though. Why 12000???

 

Might end up being more than 57 vacancies but even still, that's a big number. 

 

Classes are now 5 or smaller. They are out road posting and doing road ops now here in the A division. Don't worry guys, I am sure before this year is out there will be some hiring. So many people have retired that everywhere u go u see flyers announcing their retirement and in a Facebook group somebody is saying goodbye every other day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, beanz said:

Might end up being more than 57 vacancies but even still, that's a big number. 

 

Classes are now 5 or smaller. They are out road posting and doing road ops now here in the A division. Don't worry guys, I am sure before this year is out there will be some hiring. So many people have retired that everywhere u go u see flyers announcing their retirement and in a Facebook group somebody is saying goodbye every other day.

Couldn't agree more im in the Facebook group as well and so many people like you said are retiring don't worry people as soon as the end of this year there will be more retirements. I'm excited also because they're getting closer to my number I'm 131X like I've mentioned before and the last appointed was 1228. But as a reminder everyone everybody who goes in won't clear the medical along with other things which might make them not eligible and they'll hire more people and then there's the awful 1 and 3 rule that civil service exams use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They requested a lot more than usual but it still feels the same. This sounds like a whole lot of pre employment letters to waste more time to bring people like my self with 1800 list number downtown smh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kidbx175 said:

They requested a lot more than usual but it still feels the same. This sounds like a whole lot of pre employment letters to waste more time to bring people like my self with 1800 list number downtown smh. 

Couldn't agree more that's what I feel like is going to happen this time around, a lot of people are going to come for the pre employment and not hear anything until next year or late this year for another pre employment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time is money. I’d rather decline and remove my number from consideration and wait until they’re close and reinstate it, than go to preemployment every 90 days until they reach mid 1600s. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, STtoMTA said:

12000 letters went out.  Twelve.  Thousand?

Source? If they did mail out 12,000 (twelve thousand) letters, with the hiring freeze that is in effect, that would be a big waste, between paper, postage, people reporting to 180 Livingston Street, drug (urine) tests, etc., all for nothing.

Edited by +Young+

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

Source? If they did mail out 12,000 (twelve thousand) letters, with the hiring freeze that is in effect, that would be a big waste, between paper, postage, people reporting to 180 Livingston Street, drug (urine) tests, etc., all for nothing.

Right , this is my point that it doesn’t make sense. Look above at embalm mans post.  It said certified 12000.  There are only 13xxx on the list , I’m having a hard time believing they just called 12000 people

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, STtoMTA said:

Right , this is my point that it doesn’t make sense. Look above at embalm mans post.  It said certified 12000.  There are only 13xxx on the list , I’m having a hard time believing they just called 12000 people

I know, they also did this for the Conductor 6601 list as well, so there must be some reasoning behind this. Only time will tell...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't someone say the list was expiring soon so maybe this is a way to keep people active?

It's certainly going to be interesting to see how things play out especially given the MTA's budget crisis talk going on. 

In the end, hopefully the sooner y'all come in, the sooner y'all take the midnight tour from me. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jericho said:

Didn't someone say the list was expiring soon so maybe this is a way to keep people active?

It's certainly going to be interesting to see how things play out especially given the MTA's budget crisis talk going on. 

In the end, hopefully the sooner y'all come in, the sooner y'all take the midnight tour from me. lol

💀 lmao 🤣 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, +Young+ said:

Source? If they did mail out 12,000 (twelve thousand) letters, with the hiring freeze that is in effect, that would be a big waste, between paper, postage, people reporting to 180 Livingston Street, drug (urine) tests, etc., all for nothing.

Eligible candidates on a Certification may be considered for probable appointment at the appointing Agency.

 

Does not mean transit called u, list being certified means ur eligible to be called depending no other factors, background health vacancy and etc etc

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, STtoMTA said:

Can someone please explain the difference between not being and

being on an “outstanding certification”?!?!?!

Outstanding certification means that they have certified your list number and you will be called within a few months 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay , thank you NYYankee...but I’m list number 4xxx.  As of the 28th, I was not on one.  I just checked today and I’m now on an outstanding certification as of the update today...so....I guess a lot is going to be going on soon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.