ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, rondread445 said:

Every time I got called for P/E the first thing would be the phone call, email, and then the letter. But you never know. 15XX 

Yeah after my P/E for the conductor position they then emailed me like a week and half telling me to come in for the medical and then if you pass the medical you'll get sworn in the same day and then you'll get a fat blue rule book and then when to show up and what to wear for train operators you need a dark gray shirt and navy blue pants until you get your actual uniform sometime during union hall.

A phone call from an actual human not a computer?  I never heard that before and I know when I deferred MTA bus I only got a letter, never any of the others 

6 hours ago, rondread445 said:

Every time I got called for P/E the first thing would be the phone call, email, and then the letter. But you never know. 15XX 

On 7/10/2020 at 10:12 AM, Kidbx175 said:

Just a heads up everyone. I checked my mail today with informed delivery. And I have a letter from the MTA. Not sure what it is but thought I would post.  My list number for train operator is 18xx also have a 1xx track worker list number, so I’m not sure what it could be for. check your mail today! And share what you get. 

So what did the letter state? Hope it good news

Okay, so as of Sunday (yesterday) , there is still no change to the number of certified (1947) and appointed (1228), but DCAS was updated yesterday.  I’m not sure to say yet that they definitely appointed all 13016 of us.  Even so, I have a buddy in the system that says they lost operators numbering in the HUNDREDS.  So, in order to fill these vacancies they would probably need to call a decent amount on the list.  Remember people move, die, defer, decide not to take the job, take other positions.  There are plenty of reasons that they would need to call a large number of us.  I can’t say that 57 people sounds like a big enough number.

Okay NYYANKEE, I have a question for you .  I looked on the certification list of the nyc open data.  They certified 12000 people, and it says there are 57 vacancies.  Now, it also says a salary and it says that the certification expires 7/30 or whatever the end of this month, but I have not received any correspondence, so what should I expect is going on if you said they are probably calling in a few months .  If my certification expires what happens?

That certification sequence number is the number of people in front of you. MTA could theoretically fill every one of the vacancies listed and the list could stay at 1228. People who deferred, put on medical hold, were skipped etc, with a number smaller than the last appointed will be called first

9 hours ago, STtoMTA said:

Okay NYYANKEE, I have a question for you .  I looked on the certification list of the nyc open data.  They certified 12000 people, and it says there are 57 vacancies.  Now, it also says a salary and it says that the certification expires 7/30 or whatever the end of this month, but I have not received any correspondence, so what should I expect is going on if you said they are probably calling in a few months .  If my certification expires what happens?

Can you please post a link?

Is there a particular reason why they requested so many people to be certified? My certification number is higher then my actual list number. What does that mean? Do the vets here think that due to the virus they will extend the list ending date? Thanks!

46 minutes ago, thegameksk said:

Is there a particular reason why they requested so many people to be certified? My certification number is higher then my actual list number. What does that mean? Do the vets here think that due to the virus they will extend the list ending date? Thanks!

From what I understand , they will most likely extend it, but from what I’m hearing from someone that’s inside is that there are a lot more than 57 that left, more like in the hundreds.... of course remember not everyone on the list gets the job.  They get sick, they move, they decline, they take other positions, so on and so forth.  I think the certified are the ones they weeded out already without licenses (but not exactly sure).  Then from there if they really have a few hundred openings , then they would need a good amount of people to be called.  Not so sure about 12000, but I can’t say much on that 

3 hours ago, STtoMTA said:

From what I understand , they will most likely extend it, but from what I’m hearing from someone that’s inside is that there are a lot more than 57 that left, more like in the hundreds.... of course remember not everyone on the list gets the job.  They get sick, they move, they decline, they take other positions, so on and so forth.  I think the certified are the ones they weeded out already without licenses (but not exactly sure).  Then from there if they really have a few hundred openings , then they would need a good amount of people to be called.  Not so sure about 12000, but I can’t say much on that 

I still find it incredible that people took this not knowing you need a license. There were people on my class who didn't have a license and when they were told no license no test they started saying how no one told them. lol

Although I like the conversation that is going on, I want to add my two cents:

If you look at this webpage, besides the fact that DCAS certified over 29,000 names on the Conductor lists to fill 65 vacancies on the same day that they certified a lot of people off of this list, a week later, DCAS also certified over 4,500 names on the Bus Operator lists to fill 600 vacancies.

Next, since other members have been following the guidelines of the website by not "bumping topics," as of this typing on July 16th, 2020 at approximately 1:15 PM, there has been little to no movement on the other threads/topics for Exam 4600 (Bus Operator), Exam 6601 (Conductor), Exam 7612 (Bus Operator) and Exam 9604 (Bus Operator).

Finally, although New York City has been in Phase 3 of the reopening for at least 10 calendar days by now, whenever I call the HR Department (347-643-8229/8230/8231/8232), I still get the answering machine which says "Our offices are temporarily closed" even during normal business hours.

Therefore, if we put all of this together, my educated guess is that there is a "problem" and/or "issue" at hand which is not only affecting the hiring off of this list and title, but also the hiring on other lists and titles as well. As a result, we'll see what happens as time progresses. Hopefully something "positive" will happen within the next couple of months, however we just have to wait and see.

Edited by +Young+
Editing...

• 2 weeks later...