ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, STtoMTA said:

Hey young,  so I called 180 and got ahold of someone for 7604, told her I wanted to confirm my address and email on file.  So....this makes no sense but she told me she CANT clarify that, because it might be different in the DCAS system, and I’d have to contact them...but when I cal DCAS they say I have to talk to mta because they administered the test....so 🤔🤔

I think you might have to go down there to change an applications due to correcting or changing something on an application.  

Even before the pandemic  they wouldn't let me change anything over the phone. And when I had to make the change they made me cross it out, and initial that piece of paper and date it and then fill out another one. 

Edited by Moody

18 minutes ago, Moody said:

I think you might have to go down there to change an applications due to correcting or changing something on an application.  

Even before the pandemic  they wouldn't let me change anything over the phone. And when I had to make the change they made me cross it out, and initial that piece of paper and date it and then fill out another one. 

Moody , when I was on the BO list I was okay to change it with the rep of the exam or he would ask me my address and then when I said the right one he would Confirm or change it .  But the mta said now it’s thru DCAS and DCAS says it’s thru mta

3 minutes ago, STtoMTA said:

Moody , when I was on the BO list I was okay to change it with the rep of the exam or he would ask me my address and then when I said the right one he would Confirm or change it .  But the mta said now it’s thru DCAS and DCAS says it’s thru mta

Thats really strange. I would call 180 and tell ask whens a good time to pass by because I'd need to correct an address or email. I don't know why dcas would even be involved in this situation. 

3 minutes ago, Moody said:

Thats really strange. I would call 180 and tell ask whens a good time to pass by because I'd need to correct an address or email. I don't know why dcas would even be involved in this situation. 

That’s what I’m saying it makes NO sense.  You would think they don’t want anyone there because of this corona bs , so you’d be more than happy to verify it over the phone .  Also, I had sent a change of address form in May of this year BEFORE Corona, and emailed it and they never responded .  So clarifying that and email should be okay I would think, not DCAS problem tho 

Hey I also received a canvas letter to be submitted by July 31. I already sent out what they requested. Does anyone know how long the process might take and when the classes might start or have they mentioned when the class was anticipated to start ? 

Just now, BxJay120 said:

Hey I also received a canvas letter to be submitted by July 31. I already sent out what they requested. Does anyone know how long the process might take and when the classes might start or have they mentioned when the class was anticipated to start ? 

No idea im about to send mines off now just have to convert my drivers license into a pdf and high school diploma

31 minutes ago, BxJay120 said:

Bxjay, what is your partial list number so we can keep track ?  

they made you guys do this pretty quickly so I’m assuming this class is coming up 

10 minutes ago, STtoMTA said:

Bxjay, what is your partial list number so we can keep track ?  

they made you guys do this pretty quickly so I’m assuming this class is coming up 

My list number is 7**. I had declined appointment back in Oct of 2018.  I put myself back on the list in January. I’m wondering if they are doing this to just get themselves a big pool of candidates and do what they do sometimes with the back and forth for months and multiple pre employments or if they are serious and have an actual date. There is an absolute hiring freeze though they did say that it would allow for hiring for business needs and needed approval but I’m curious to know if they have a date or not. I have to have surgury within the next six weeks and being that the last class was last October I am going to be torn on what to do. Postpone one or the other. I’m wondering too maybe they might have multiple smaller classes because of the social distancing and they might not all start at once . Idk I’m just speculating ..  

48 minutes ago, Schecter said:

No idea im about to send mines off now just have to convert my drivers license into a pdf and high school diploma

My email only said HS diploma though the letter mentioned drivers license if it was a driving title. I didn’t send it because the email didn’t ask for it. I already work for transit so maybe they didn’t need it from me. 

49 minutes ago, STtoMTA said:

Keep us updated on what’s going on and how they contact you. So everyone that’s gotten emailed has already gone for pre employment and medical?  Curious what will happen for those that havent

I have had none. I declined and never went for the medical or drug test. The thing is I don’t think it matters because they are going to make everyone do it again anyway. I will definitely post once I’ve heard something. 

51 minutes ago, STtoMTA said:

Keep us updated on what’s going on and how they contact you. So everyone that’s gotten emailed has already gone for pre employment and medical?  Curious what will happen for those that havent

I'll be sure to keep you updated as well i just sent my documents in today so let's see and there was medical and or drug test yet, I believe this is the pre employment that everybody goes through minus the pee in the cup process which they usually have you do during the pre employment process. There probably emailing people to avoid a massive amount of people in the building for the pre employment all at once and im assuming there going to give drug test dates to all of us who sent a complete application, this will be to limit over crowding.

1 minute ago, Schecter said:

I'll be sure to keep you updated as well i just sent my documents in today so let's see and there was medical and or drug test yet, I believe this is the pre employment that everybody goes through minus the pee in the cup process which they usually have you do during the pre employment process. There probably emailing people to avoid a massive amount of people in the building for the pre employment all at once and im assuming there going to give drug test dates to all of us who sent a complete application, this will be to limit over crowding.

Right , well we will all just have to cross our fingers 

12 hours ago, BxJay120 said:

I just heard from someone in the last class that they have three classes scheduled for either the end of August or sometime in September. 

BX, interesting you say this because I heard this from someone that probably didn’t know about this yet , so if that is true it’s most likely less people, but he also said there’s way more than 57 spots to fill 

2 hours ago, STtoMTA said:

BX, interesting you say this because I heard this from someone that probably didn’t know about this yet , so if that is true it’s most likely less people, but he also said there’s way more than 57 spots to fill 

I'm assuming that's why they sent that blast email to people because they need to hire a lot more people, every week I've been hearing rcc on the radio saying if train operators or conductors are looking to work on their day off to call the crew office.

Edited by Schecter
word correction

1 minute ago, Schecter said:

I'm assuming that's why they sent that blast email to people because they need to hire a lot more people, every week I've been hearing rcc on the radio saying if train operators or conductors are looking to work on their day off to call the crew office.

You’re in A div too?  And I mean, I’ve beat saying this with a dead horse but most of the people on the certification list don’t actually get in anyway, between new jobs other offers deaths moving or just being scared or they just don’t respond.  

im still trying to talk to someone that will let me verify my info 

On 7/29/2020 at 12:26 PM, TOHopeFull2019 said:

I’m list number 149x but didn’t receive an email yet. At least things are moving forward. I feel like though, with my list number, the number of vacancies and the average number of people that defer I may just get I n a class or just miss out. If I do get called it would be my third pre-employment and most people after their third one get in one of the classes but with with COVID I feel like I would have to do a fourth in like another 6 months if I just miss out. Time will tell I guess. Best of luck to all. Keep us posted. 

Did you get an email?