ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

2 hours ago, MarkGuy said:

All of that will be demystified for you. Trust me. I was just like you at first. It will become clear.

Yeah... My sis did 1 yr as a C/R and got called for T/O almost the day her probation ended. 

Her probation for that almost over, and she said the same thing lol. 

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, kellgh said:

Yeah... My sis did 1 yr as a C/R and got called for T/O almost the day her probation ended. 

Her probation for that almost over, and she said the same thing lol. 

How does it work would I be able to go back to my conductor job since I passed my c/r probation? Because this test is open competitive when I took it and not promotional is there any draw backs?

51 minutes ago, Schecter said:

How does it work would I be able to go back to my conductor job since I passed my c/r probation? Because this test is open competitive when I took it and not promotional is there any draw backs?

I came from buses and went back to buses. Unfortunately I had an incident when I was posting(beginning of my 2nd week) I was having fun always wanted to be a T/O since I was a kid. Anyway made it out on my own but I always had my incident on my mind and woke up day after day not wanting to go to work anymore. I made the decision to go back to buses. It's a voluntary demotion. I didn't lose my seniority since I went back before 1 year. Also MOW(the helmets ain't hard to remember) the signals ain't difficult to memorize after a while you will be saying them in your sleep. 

4 minutes ago, FutureBOtoTO said:

I came from buses and went back to buses. Unfortunately I had an incident when I was posting(beginning of my 2nd week) I was having fun always wanted to be a T/O since I was a kid. Anyway made it out on my own but I always had my incident on my mind and woke up day after day not wanting to go to work anymore. I made the decision to go back to buses. It's a voluntary demotion. I didn't lose my seniority since I went back before 1 year. Also MOW(the helmets ain't hard to remember) the signals ain't difficult to memorize after a while you will be saying them in your sleep. 

Did you take it as open competitive or promotional?

1 hour ago, FutureBOtoTO said:

Not sure how it works in RTO, but shouldn't affect your seniorty as a C/R. 

This. 

So long as you go back w/in 11 months, you are fine. 

You want to go to T/O as fast as possible AFTER having passed C/R prob. If you have an incident, depending on what it is, you still have a job. Which now? Is seriously important.

14 minutes ago, kellgh said:

This. 

So long as you go back w/in 11 months, you are fine. 

You want to go to T/O as fast as possible AFTER having passed C/R prob. If you have an incident, depending on what it is, you still have a job. Which now? Is seriously important.

Yeah i passed probation in June of this year

3 hours ago, Schecter said:

Yeah i passed probation in June of this year

I was a conductor for 3.5 years and I took this open competitive as well . You have 1 year to go back to conductor without losing your seniority . So you have enough time to know If you want to stay . Anything after 1 year as a train operator is a voluntary demotion and you lose what ever conductor seniority you had. That’s it . I just made a year in July , incident free , I didn’t hit nothing , I didn’t slide out no station and no B.I.Es .... I did my job . It’s not rocket science , you just apply yourself and do your job without cutting corners . You’re on the train now . Trust me the only difference from the back to the front is that you move the train . You already know certain line ups and signals because we can see them from the back . You good . Trust me 

1 hour ago, Conductor2015 said:

I was a conductor for 3.5 years and I took this open competitive as well . You have 1 year to go back to conductor without losing your seniority . So you have enough time to know If you want to stay . Anything after 1 year as a train operator is a voluntary demotion and you lose what ever conductor seniority you had. That’s it . I just made a year in July , incident free , I didn’t hit nothing , I didn’t slide out no station and no B.I.Es .... I did my job . It’s not rocket science , you just apply yourself and do your job without cutting corners . You’re on the train now . Trust me the only difference from the back to the front is that you move the train . You already know certain line ups and signals because we can see them from the back . You good . Trust me 

So being extra extra doesn't mean anything I still have one year to back as extra extra if anything or a demotion after a year if something happened?

8 hours ago, Schecter said:

So being extra extra doesn't mean anything I still have one year to back as extra extra if anything or a demotion after a year if something happened?

One thing has nothing to do with the other . You are extra extra because there are no jobs , but in 11 months if you were to go back to your spot you’d be picking a job because there would be jobs available and you move up within the title . Being extra has nothing to do with anything . I left conductor 1 year into getting the job and went to towers for about 2 months , didn’t like it and went back to conductor ,right back to my place . 

Just a question one of you guys may have the answer to. Im trying to start a family and at the same time I’m waiting for the call for t/o my list number is 16xx. Do they allow you to be pregnant during school car ? Or probation? What happens if you are ? Do they not hire you ? Or if you get hired and give birth during probation are you supposed to start school car all over or do they fire you? 

Just a question one of you guys may have the answer to. Im trying to start a family and at the same time I’m waiting for the call for t/o my list number is 16xx. Do they allow you to be pregnant during school car ? Or probation? What happens if you are ? Do they not hire you ? Or if you get hired and give birth during probation are you supposed to start school car all over or do they fire you? Want to be sure before hand 

1 hour ago, Rubygirl20 said:

Just a question one of you guys may have the answer to. Im trying to start a family and at the same time I’m waiting for the call for t/o my list number is 16xx. Do they allow you to be pregnant during school car ? Or probation? What happens if you are ? Do they not hire you ? Or if you get hired and give birth during probation are you supposed to start school car all over or do they fire you? Want to be sure before hand 

It's almost impossible for a pregnant woman to be fired from any job for being pregnant. I'm pretty sure it's also unlawful to not hire someone because they're pregnant.

Having said that, you probably wouldn't want to be pregnant while in School Car. You would be climbing in and out of trains and walking, stooping, standing in an unhealthy environment. Plus, you'd have the added stress of being in School Car while pregnant. 

Maybe you can defer until after you deliver. 

2 hours ago, Harlem said:

It's almost impossible for a pregnant woman to be fired from any job for being pregnant. I'm pretty sure it's also unlawful to not hire someone because they're pregnant.

Having said that, you probably wouldn't want to be pregnant while in School Car. You would be climbing in and out of trains and walking, stooping, standing in an unhealthy environment. Plus, you'd have the added stress of being in School Car while pregnant. 

Maybe you can defer until after you deliver. 

Thank you ! 

The lowest list number on this certified list is #36, and yet he is #17 on the certification sequence . Where are the other 16?  What are their list numbers? How can this be???

Edited by Embalmman
More information requested

3 hours ago, Rubygirl20 said:

Thank you ! 

For what it's worth, the August '19 t/o induction had a pregnant woman. 

She went through most of schoolcar with child and was climbing up on trains like nothing. She took absence just before the final and during the initial covid outbreak to give birth. Not sure what her current status is.  

Other pregnant women have gone through schoolcar too. But only you can determine your limits when it comes to that.

2 hours ago, Embalmman said:

The lowest list number on this certified list is #36, and yet he is #17 on the certification sequence . Where are the other 16?  What are their list numbers? How can this be???

I believe those are some people from old promo list.

13 hours ago, Rubygirl20 said:

I was actually pregnant when I was originally called and declined the offer. I didn’t do it because to my understanding there is a lot of climbing and physical activity during school car that might not be healthy for you to do during that time. Also when we are pregnant we have to use the bathroom a lot and that is something that is nearly impossible to do as often as we would need to. If you are called and pregnant and decline you can put yourself back on the list when ready. I put myself back on in January and I probably didn’t get called as quickly because of covid 

8 hours ago, Embalmman said:

I think that there is no rhyme or reason to it . I’m number 7** and I’m 35 in the sequence