ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Nishenstein said:

Hey guys. I got the email to report at 6:30 on the 27th as well. I still have the physical copy of the paperwork they gave out in the brown large envelope/folder. 😃 Seems like they’re really moving along now. 

So far us 3 for the 27th!!!

2 minutes ago, Nishenstein said:

I’m not sure if we’ll be doing the physical. We’re going to do finger printing and give in paperwork. 

Probably the medical part usually after the drug test comes the medical at least from what I've noticed when i was going in for conductor 

6 hours ago, Schecter said:

Lmao 🤣  nope that's @Brytstar, we gotta have @Future4me and you all in the class for September 21st.

They reached out to you?

My list number was appealed to 7XX, and I replied to the email, sent everything, and I haven't received a thing back. I better call. 😐

Edited by kellgh

On 8/4/2020 at 6:10 AM, BxJay120 said:

I was actually pregnant when I was originally called and declined the offer. I didn’t do it because to my understanding there is a lot of climbing and physical activity during school car that might not be healthy for you to do during that time. Also when we are pregnant we have to use the bathroom a lot and that is something that is nearly impossible to do as often as we would need to. If you are called and pregnant and decline you can put yourself back on the list when ready. I put myself back on in January and I probably didn’t get called as quickly because of covid 

Cups. No one will say it.

Normally when you pass the medical. You will then wait to be called in to see Ms. Rivera who will review your employment history you painstakingly filled out. When everything is in order, she will swear you in, and you receive the rulebook (forgot if you get the induction and track book too or you get it in schoolcar). Then you go and get fingerprinted and let Rivera know you're finished and you can then go home. Part of the things she gives you will include a couple pages detailing your report date, time, and location, what clothes you must wear (no polos) as well as the website where you can order your free pair of boots. Be on time and wear those boots.

Edited by Jericho

10 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Normally when you pass the medical. You will then wait to be called in to see Ms. Rivera who will review your employment history you painstakingly filled out. When everything is in order, she will swear you in, and you receive the rulebook (forgot if you get the induction and track book too or you get it in schoolcar). Then you go and get fingerprinted and let Rivera know you're finished and you can then go home. Part of the things she gives you will include a couple pages detailing your report date, time, and location, what clothes you must wear (no polos) as well as the website where you can order your free pair of boots. Be on time and wear those boots.

Wow, so close to being officially a T/O. I’m so nervous, it’s been over 10 years since starting a new job. 

17 hours ago, Schecter said:

It should come in soon because if you and I went on the same day I don't see why you wouldn't receive it, because @Brytstar said she went on Thursday and received her email today. 

I went on Tuesday and haven’t gotten anything. Maybe they are working backwards 

26 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Be on time and wear those boots.

I should add since there were people in my induction who did it. If the report time is 0700, do not think that if you're in the building by 0700 you are ok. You must be in the room stated by 0700. You cannot get there at 0701. So give yourself some time to make sure you're not late. Schoolcar does not play with lateness.

So far I’ve seen that people who went for the drug test the 13th got emails. Anyone from prior to the 13th get emails for medical ? I went in on the 11th and have heard nothing. Thinking maybe they have a stack of papers and just going through them and that it’s not in order. Kinda getting a little worried 

5 minutes ago, Kj224 said:

Do you guys think they'll reach 15xx? I'm in the process for B/O but I would rather this.

Possibly right now they're up to the 1300s, ill find out next week when I go for the medical how many people they're planning on hiring and class sizes and etc.

7 minutes ago, Kj224 said:

Do you guys think they'll reach 15xx? I'm in the process for B/O but I would rather this.

From what I learned. Next induction will be 30 T/O split into classes of 5 students. As for how many they plan to get in. Maybe as high as 200, but don't quote me on this one.