ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

2 minutes ago, Jericho said:

From what I learned. Next induction will be 30 T/O split into classes of 5 students. As for how many they plan to get in. Maybe as high as 200, but don't quote me on this one.

That would be the September 21st class im assuming? That's a small class which is a good thing easier to teach students who learn differently than others, as in people who are grasp things slower or faster. Hopefully the TSS are good I had Leonard and Aybar as my conductor TSS last year.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to those getting called for medical processing.

When you get your report location & time - make sure you’re punctual.

The first few day you’re probably going to be at the union hall, after that you’ll be at the school before they split you into classes:

If you’re going to drive to the school, I suggest getting there at least 30 mins - 1 hr early to find parking. Don’t park in the school parking lot unless you somehow have a TA parking permit. Wear the approved boots you got off the website & the proper clothing as specified in the paper you receive after being sworn in.

Good luck!

3 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

The first few day you’re probably going to be at the union hall, after that you’ll be at the school before they split you into classes:

If you’re going to drive to the school, I suggest getting there at least 30 mins - 1 hr early to find parking. Don’t park in the school parking lot unless you somehow have a TA parking permit. Wear the approved boots you got off the website & the proper clothing as specified in the paper you receive after being sworn in.

Good luck!

Gotta help me calm my nerves with the signal exams and the practicals 🤣🤣

Edited by Schecter

Just now, Schecter said:

Gotta help me calm my nerves with the signal exams and the practicals 🤣🤣

One step at a time.

Thousands before you have got through training with no problems, why shouldn’t you?

If I could do it, anyone can.

25 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

One step at a time.

Thousands before you have got through training with no problems, why shouldn’t you?

If I could do it, anyone can.

What made it worse was when my TSS in c/r school car was saying how impossible and hard af t/o school car is, so im going in over thinking everything 🤣 .

1 hour ago, Schecter said:

What made it worse was when my TSS in c/r school car was saying how impossible and hard af t/o school car is, so im going in over thinking everything 🤣 .

It’s really not hard. Just a lot of information to digest.

A good TSS will be able to break it down to where you’re focused on the important things instead of the fluff.

3 hours ago, Jay-Oh said:

Good luck!

I’m usually very punctual. Where are some of the possible locations for Classes? Where is the union hall located?? 🤣🤣🤣 I’m scared of public transportation but I’m not opposed to taking it if parking is an issue. 

1 hour ago, Nishenstein said:

I’m usually very punctual. Where are some of the possible locations for Classes? Where is the union hall located?? 🤣🤣🤣 I’m scared of public transportation but I’m not opposed to taking it if parking is an issue. 

The union hall or other location for your initial orientation is in downtown Brooklyn.

The school where they sort you into classes is located in Brooklyn close to Coney Island. 

As for actual class, you’ll be all over the system of your respective division (A/B). 

7 hours ago, Schecter said:

They do that to scare you. Don't let it faze you. A TSS when we had our induction told us, "Only half of you are gonna make it."

A year later, almost all of us are still here. Let that speak for itself.

27 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

They do that to scare you. Don't let it faze you. A TSS when we had our induction told us, "Only half of you are gonna make it."

A year later, almost all of us are still here. Let that speak for itself.

Yeah, some of these TSS’ get bored and they wanna mess with the newbies a little. It’s really not hard. The main thing that gets you in trouble down here is inattention.

Schoolcar (if you have a good class) is probably the most fun you’ll have down in transit.

15 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

Yeah, some of these TSS’ get bored and they wanna mess with the newbies a little. It’s really not hard. The main thing that gets you in trouble down here is inattention.

Schoolcar (if you have a good class) is probably the most fun you’ll have down in transit.

Granted, people do fail outta schoolcar too. Seen it myself. Job is NOT for everyone. That said, you get out of it what you put into it.

13 hours ago, Djf22 said:

My number is 12xx and I still haven’t heard back since the canvass from July 30 2020. I called and they told me to be patient.

Trust me I’m on the same boat as you, I went for the drug test and people who got called down after me are getting called for medical and I haven’t. I think there is no rhyme or reason to it .. just the way your name sits on a piece of paper on someone’s desk 

🤔 is there any chance you’ve failed the drug test?  With this being a safety sensitive title, the MTA very likely uses Methods that detect far lower concentration than standard UA, as well as cheaters. Or do you think the lab would call you to notify you of the positive result?  Since this is an issue I have zero experience with, I have no idea how mta acts when a candidate’s results come back dirty, or their positive/ negative cutoff limits 

2 minutes ago, Embalmman said:

🤔 is there any chance you’ve failed the drug test?  With this being a safety sensitive title, the MTA very likely uses Methods that detect far lower concentration than standard UA, as well as cheaters. Or do you think the lab would call you to notify you of the positive result?  Since this is an issue I have zero experience with, I have no idea how mta acts when a candidate’s results come back dirty, or their positive/ negative cutoff limits 

If you came back dirty you'll get a call from them

1 minute ago, Strong Finish said:

Have to report to Downton Bklyn, on the 28th for lab. Was worried for a while. List #12**

Hopefully you get into the September 21st class most likely you will, as long as you're are clean(not saying you just in general) then you'll get another email for the medical 👀

57 minutes ago, rondread445 said:

I can't wait to be where you guys are, good luck. I know it goes by list number but everyone in this group has the same score all the way into the 1600's. Do you guys think I have a chance by next year? I'm 15XX 

probably imma find out if they know anything during my medical if we get sworn in the same day as well and ill let you guys/gals know everything, because idk if this is the first class of many of the only class until a while, they're hiring currently in the 1300s.

1 hour ago, Embalmman said:

If you don't get a call back regarding the drug test results that means you turned up negative. It's when you get a phonecall that you should be worried. The drug test standards are set by the DOT which you can view on the DOT website. They run a FULL tox screen for EVERYTHING. At this stage if you turn up postive (if the drug isn't prescribed to you)  or is an illegal susbstance you will not be hired. All the randoms I have taken alomg with incident testing (12-9's) I have never received a call back from drug tests. You should never recieve a call back.

Yeah the DOT uses a 5 panel drug test which test for:

All DOT drug tests use the same 5-panel test. It tests for:

Marijuana metabolites/THC

Cocaine metabolites

Amphetamines (including methamphetamine, MDMA)

Opioids* (including codeine, heroin (6-AM), morphine, hydrocodone, oxycodone, hydromorphone, and oxymorphone)

Phencyclidine (PCP)