ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 hour ago, Schecter said:

So I wasn't the only one I thought it was just me, they teased us beyond belief 😭

I think you said you are currently a conductor, right? Enjoy it while you can, because being a T/O is definitely a different ballgame. 

5 hours ago, Schecter said:

They cancelled my appointment tomorrow for the medical they called me telling me not to report tomorrow they filled all the vacancies for the September 21st class ms vargas told me

Wow. That’s messed up. I got a call and a last minute email telling me to report Tommorrow this morning. I think they messed up because I went on the 11th for the drug test and those of you that went on the 14th got called back almost immediately and I ended up getting nothing till this morning. They called me to tell me sorry that it’s last minute but to come in tommorrow morning. If they are going in order and did so when bringing in people for the drug test then they messed up and realized it after they had already sent emails to you all. I’m so sorry this happened. I feel really bad. Here I was coming on to tell you that I too would be there tommorrow only to read that you all got told not to come. Not cool at all! 

2 hours ago, Schecter said:

Yeah I know but I'm ready 💪 

I'm ready too. 

My list number is 7XX.5 after an appeal. I was called in December, but then COVID happened and nothing since.

I was called again, sent in everything they needed... and nothing. 😐 

I'm ready to change titles.

3 hours ago, Jay-Oh said:

Did you see the memo sent out by Foye?

We should take that into consideration as well.

Yea I read that after making that post. I think it may be more of a chess move to put pressure on the government and also to raise fares later on and say "see, we had no choice". I think mta would raise fares way before cutting service by 40 percent but I could be wrong. Only time will tell. Ouch.

Just now, beanz said:

Yea I read that after making that post. I think it may be more of a chess move to put pressure on the government and also to raise fares later on and say "see, we had no choice". I think mta would raise fares way before cutting service by 40 percent but I could be wrong. Only time will tell. Ouch.

Well, they cut the B, C (due to COVID actually), W, and F service is still reduced. 

2 minutes ago, kellgh said:

Well, they cut the B, C (due to COVID actually), W, and F service is still reduced. 

Yea for sure it can happen to some extent but 40 percent is pretty drastic. Imagine the city going back to normal and the 4 train running every 8 minutes instead of 4. They are crowded usually as it is, imagine with longer headway. 4 is just one line like that. Idk I would personally bet on 4 dollar fares before such drastic service reductions.

3 hours ago, BxJay120 said:

Wow. That’s messed up. I got a call and a last minute email telling me to report Tommorrow this morning. I think they messed up because I went on the 11th for the drug test and those of you that went on the 14th got called back almost immediately and I ended up getting nothing till this morning. They called me to tell me sorry that it’s last minute but to come in tommorrow morning. If they are going in order and did so when bringing in people for the drug test then they messed up and realized it after they had already sent emails to you all. I’m so sorry this happened. I feel really bad. Here I was coming on to tell you that I too would be there tommorrow only to read that you all got told not to come. Not cool at all! 

I’m happy you got the call. I know you were concerned. Keep us posted. 

Much of the cut in services at the time was because too many T/O and especially conductors booked sick, went out due to suspected COVID-19 for two weeks, etc. There simply weren't enough of us to run the trains anyway. 

Edited by Jericho

7 hours ago, Nishenstein said:

Wow beyond them stopping service over night during Covid I didn’t know they cut services. 

I had a pick job on the C. 

An employee was sick with COVID. We didn't find out until he hit us up on FB w/ pics of him going to the hospital.

And then the C line was quarantined resulting in the A going local and all C personnel who were not quarantined (myself included; I was on vacation... so we never came in contact) were mixed in with the A crews. (But the infected guy made contact with A crews. Hm.) 

All B crews went to extra extra, W crews (this isn't a real line: it's piled in with the N, unlike the B and C which are real and distinct) were absorbed with N crews. 

And then the 900 supplements came out reducing service and cancelling jobs, sending those road crews to extra. And worse, the jobs people picked pre COVID came into effect. So some people who picked on the B line suddenly found themselves going to 207th St to start a job instead of Bedford Park. 😐

Edited by kellgh

16 hours ago, BxJay120 said:

What makes no sense to me is that they’re spending all this money to bring people in, when in September of 18 they were originally up to 1370s for PE.  Why is this not the case now!?  Why call and CERTIFY so many people if you don’t plan to take them on or at least  vet them 

1 hour ago, STtoMTA said:

What makes no sense to me is that they’re spending all this money to bring people in, when in September of 18 they were originally up to 1370s for PE.  Why is this not the case now!?  Why call and CERTIFY so many people if you don’t plan to take them on or at least  vet them 

You’re right. Listen these people at HR should be some that are laid off when the time comes because they were in there very nonchalantly working. While I was being sworn in there was someone in the other office across on the phone the whole time talking talking talking ... people outside waiting and they just all drag their feet. 

as for today.. this is what happened . I arrived at 6am. They will not let you into the building until 6:30 . By that time the line consisted of about 8 people. We went up and were sent to medical . Medical consisted of 1. Urine to check sugar levels. 2. Vision 3. Hearing 4. EKG. Once that’s done you see the physician. She did a physical and listed me as qualified with no medical holds . I’m on my way uptown Already so I got out of there at about 10:30am. 

Make sure all your paperwork is filled out, signed, dated . Look it over a couple times to be sure . Make sure that you do the questionnaires they send you to do online at home. It avoids you having to use one of their computers. It’s two plus a covid questionnaire like last time. Say no to everything! Even if it’s yes put no. That’s what I was told by others and I did just that. I lied about having surgery and the doctor actually checks for scars on your stomach and back . I used the excuse that it was ambulatory and I thought she meant it part of her question on whether I’ve ever been hospitalized overnight which i wasn’t . Make sure you have all your documents . I didn’t need to show any but they were asking for them. I already work for transit so that might have been why. I’m trying to think of what else ... honestly it was a smooth process . 

20 minutes ago, BxJay120 said:

You’re right. Listen these people at HR should be some that are laid off when the time comes because they were in there very nonchalantly working. While I was being sworn in there was someone in the other office across on the phone the whole time talking talking talking ... people outside waiting and they just all drag their feet. 

as for today.. this is what happened . I arrived at 6am. They will not let you into the building until 6:30 . By that time the line consisted of about 8 people. We went up and were sent to medical . Medical consisted of 1. Urine to check sugar levels. 2. Vision 3. Hearing 4. EKG. Once that’s done you see the physician. She did a physical and listed me as qualified with no medical holds . I’m on my way uptown Already so I got out of there at about 10:30am. 

Make sure all your paperwork is filled out, signed, dated . Look it over a couple times to be sure . Make sure that you do the questionnaires they send you to do online at home. It avoids you having to use one of their computers. It’s two plus a covid questionnaire like last time. Say no to everything! Even if it’s yes put no. That’s what I was told by others and I did just that. I lied about having surgery and the doctor actually checks for scars on your stomach and back . I used the excuse that it was ambulatory and I thought she meant it part of her question on whether I’ve ever been hospitalized overnight which i wasn’t . Make sure you have all your documents . I didn’t need to show any but they were asking for them. I already work for transit so that might have been why. I’m trying to think of what else ... honestly it was a smooth process . 

Congrats bro for being sworn in for train operator!!!