ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Pete said:

We’re all 8 people there for T/O PE 

I’m sure there were more but they didn’t arrive at 6:30. Maybe a few minutes later . Oh and I forgot to mention that at least myself and two other ladies that were there had low list numbers 600s-700s. They also received last minute emails like me yesterday to report. Someone definitely messed up and sent emails to people who list numbers were higher disregarding people who has lower numbers . That’s why a lot of people got emails saying not to come . It’s like they put people in the stack and instead of flipping it over and starting from the bottom up they started from the end of the stack down .. If that makes any sense ... 

2 hours ago, Brytstar said:

Wow. Congratulations!! Hopefully they call us who were told not to show up soon. 

They will. I’m sure some people aren’t going to make it through the physical. Like I said people inside were like listen say no to everything .. even if it’s yes say no. Some people are going to go in there being honest and get holds put on them opening the door for more 

38 minutes ago, BxJay120 said:

They will. I’m sure some people aren’t going to make it through the physical. Like I said people inside were like listen say no to everything .. even if it’s yes say no. Some people are going to go in there being honest and get holds put on them opening the door for more 

I went through this. If your neck size and weight is a certain amount, you will be put on hold especially if you have high blood pressure.  And then...you will need to go through the medical adventure. 

Edited by Moody

1 minute ago, Moody said:

I went through this. If your neck size and weight is a certain amount, you will be put on hold especially if you have high blood pressure.  And then...you will need to go through the medical adventure. 

That's the thing that has me nervous just my neck size and weight 😅 

10 minutes ago, Moody said:

8 minutes ago, Schecter said:

That's the thing that has me nervous just my neck size and weight 😅 

Have you referred to this and this post? They're primarily checking for sleep apnea.

I went in today for medical for the position of B/O. I was in and out so fast it blew my mind, it had to at least be 8 of us. When I signed I saw a few t/o, dispatchers and conductors. But at this rate not sure what they gonna do as the class gets closer. Not much info but something for anybody who's wondering 

20 minutes ago, Djf22 said:

If your places on a medical hold for your weight and neck size how long do they give you to do a sleep study?Or would you be on hold till the next class?

Theres no date on that, but you should do it as soon as you can.  Go to your to doctor, make the arranments for everything the mta medical ask. Show your doctor everything you need, especially the note saying that you are fit to work for the MTA. And then get your sleep apnea study done as soon as you can. If you do need a sleep apnea machine, the mta is going to need 1 month of sleep apea on your own. Once you complete that, you print out the sleep apnea report. Should be 4 hrs a day for 30 days (your sleep apea treatment) And then you get back to medical with all the info.  If you missed your class, you must reinstate yourself back ont he list. 

3 hours ago, Moody said:

Yeah the doctor said some speech about it your BMI is over 35 and your neck is over something they will put you on a hold to send you to be tested for sleep apnea. 

3 hours ago, Kj224 said:

I went in today for medical for the position of B/O. I was in and out so fast it blew my mind, it had to at least be 8 of us. When I signed I saw a few t/o, dispatchers and conductors. But at this rate not sure what they gonna do as the class gets closer. Not much info but something for anybody who's wondering 

We were probably there at the same time then because when I was waiting to see the physician the room was crowded. Every seat was taken even tho it wasn’t like 100 people but a good like 30 right about 

Edited by BxJay120

1 hour ago, Moody said:

Theres no date on that, but you should do it as soon as you can.  Go to your to doctor, make the arranments for everything the mta medical ask. Show your doctor everything you need, especially the note saying that you are fit to work for the MTA. And then get your sleep apnea study done as soon as you can. If you do need a sleep apnea machine, the mta is going to need 1 month of sleep apea on your own. Once you complete that, you print out the sleep apnea report. Should be 4 hrs a day for 30 days (your sleep apea treatment) And then you get back to medical with all the info.  If you missed your class, you must reinstate yourself back ont he list. 

Wow that’s a lot. Now do they also check operators when they are having their DOT physicals for this neck size every time? 

4 minutes ago, BxJay120 said:

Yeah the doctor said some speech about it your BMI is over 35 and your neck is over something they will put you on a hold to send you to be tested for sleep apnea. 

There goes me with my fat neck issue 🤣  its funny because for me to have a healthy weight I'd have to be 150 pounds. And I'm 5 feet 8 inches tall

1 hour ago, BxJay120 said:

Wow that’s a lot. Now do they also check operators when they are having their DOT physicals for this neck size every time? 

No, when you have high blood pressure, they immediatley check your neck size, and if your necksize is about 17 1/2 inches then it automatically means you need to get checked for sleep apea.  This is just a one time check.  

After you are cleared for medical, the doctor at the MTA will tell you when you need to report back to 180 livingston. Its about 4 to 5 months. And what that means is they want to see your continued treatment for sleep apnea.   So after you are hired, medical expects you to report back to 180 livingston with your sleep apea report, every 4 or 5 months.  Thats it.  That machine believe it or not will help you sleep better. I sleep every day with it. I sleep better than someone who doesn'thave sleep apea. Best thing ever happen to me.  My dark eye circles are gone. I have fuller energy. 

This is the same way for busses and subway. I am going for bus operator, even though im in on the 7604 list.  

Edited by Moody

They are not playing in the least with the medical part. They ask questions, check and question every scar/defect and write everything you say in computer. Best policy is to be honest and avoid being pulled for a permanent exit interview later. If have a problem that will pop up now or later get those problems fixed now or see a doc to give you an all clear and be straight. Next class won't be until October at the earliest I overheard.

20 minutes ago, Saltan said:

They are not playing in the least with the medical part. They ask questions, check and question every scar/defect and write everything you say in computer. Best policy is to be honest and avoid being pulled for a permanent exit interview later. If have a problem that will pop up now or later get those problems fixed now or see a doc to give you an all clear and be straight. Next class won't be until October at the earliest I overheard.

Yeah I agree 100% with the medical because you sign release forms for them to look at your medical from places and you gotta be careful because before i was a conductor I was talking to a guy at 180 he's a white man with glasses that sits at the front desk and he said if anything pops up that you'd lied about and they find out you can be fired while in school car or on the road. They even check your credit score for some weird reason noticed that crap couple of months ago I was like tf my credit score??

5 hours ago, Schecter said:

They even check your credit score for some weird reason noticed that crap couple of months ago I was like tf my credit score??

Are you asked about your credit score during pre employment? So they checked your credit score did they ever say anything to you about it? Does it matter if your credit score is good or bad ?

2 hours ago, Djf22 said:

Are you asked about your credit score during pre employment? So they checked your credit score did they ever say anything to you about it? Does it matter if your credit score is good or bad ?

You aren't asked during pre employment, and they never told me about it and I doubt it matters if its good or bad. But the investigators  do a background check so probably dig into everything 

12 hours ago, Moody said:

No, when you have high blood pressure, they immediatley check your neck size, and if your necksize is about 17 1/2 inches then it automatically means you need to get checked for sleep apea.  This is just a one time check.  

After you are cleared for medical, the doctor at the MTA will tell you when you need to report back to 180 livingston. Its about 4 to 5 months. And what that means is they want to see your continued treatment for sleep apnea.   So after you are hired, medical expects you to report back to 180 livingston with your sleep apea report, every 4 or 5 months.  Thats it.  That machine believe it or not will help you sleep better. I sleep every day with it. I sleep better than someone who doesn'thave sleep apea. Best thing ever happen to me.  My dark eye circles are gone. I have fuller energy. 

This is the same way for busses and subway. I am going for bus operator, even though im in on the 7604 list.  

That’s something. I didn’t realize it was so complicated, I know someone that uses one of those machines so told em the same thing. They sleep really well 

20 hours ago, BxJay120 said:

I’m sure there were more but they didn’t arrive at 6:30. Maybe a few minutes later . Oh and I forgot to mention that at least myself and two other ladies that were there had low list numbers 600s-700s. They also received last minute emails like me yesterday to report. Someone definitely messed up and sent emails to people who list numbers were higher disregarding people who has lower numbers . That’s why a lot of people got emails saying not to come . It’s like they put people in the stack and instead of flipping it over and starting from the bottom up they started from the end of the stack down .. If that makes any sense ... 

You'll learn that nothing makes any sense in the MTA, especially in Rapid transit ops. Nothing, zilch. Things that should be...are never be.

16 hours ago, BxJay120 said:

We were probably there at the same time then because when I was waiting to see the physician the room was crowded. Every seat was taken even tho it wasn’t like 100 people but a good like 30 right about 

What time did you go? I got there like 7:45

On 8/27/2020 at 11:20 AM, BxJay120 said:

You’re right. Listen these people at HR should be some that are laid off when the time comes because they were in there very nonchalantly working. While I was being sworn in there was someone in the other office across on the phone the whole time talking talking talking ... people outside waiting and they just all drag their feet. 

as for today.. this is what happened . I arrived at 6am. They will not let you into the building until 6:30 . By that time the line consisted of about 8 people. We went up and were sent to medical . Medical consisted of 1. Urine to check sugar levels. 2. Vision 3. Hearing 4. EKG. Once that’s done you see the physician. She did a physical and listed me as qualified with no medical holds . I’m on my way uptown Already so I got out of there at about 10:30am. 

Make sure all your paperwork is filled out, signed, dated . Look it over a couple times to be sure . Make sure that you do the questionnaires they send you to do online at home. It avoids you having to use one of their computers. It’s two plus a covid questionnaire like last time. Say no to everything! Even if it’s yes put no. That’s what I was told by others and I did just that. I lied about having surgery and the doctor actually checks for scars on your stomach and back . I used the excuse that it was ambulatory and I thought she meant it part of her question on whether I’ve ever been hospitalized overnight which i wasn’t . Make sure you have all your documents . I didn’t need to show any but they were asking for them. I already work for transit so that might have been why. I’m trying to think of what else ... honestly it was a smooth process . 

Thank you! And 🎉Congratulations!!!!! Hopefully we’ll be right behind you!