ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

6 minutes ago, Strong Finish said:

Hey BxJay,

I got in the Sept 21st class. There was one other person in the 12**'s, including myself that got sworn in yesterday. 

The first class is definitely a zoom, and the second class  will be at location in Brooklyn. The colored sheet that was handed to you gives you the zoom link as well as the location. 

Is the location at the mta school in Brooklyn PS248

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Strong Finish said:

I don't have the paper in front of me now, but I know it is locatiob at a school gymnasium.

Yes, that'd be PS 248, on the third floor near the end of the hallway.

Presumably the first day is Zoom because the union hall would be too tight for comfort and you're basically spending the day listening to union reps and their vendors give their spiel.

8 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Presumably the first day is Zoom because the union hall would be too tight for comfort and you're basically spending the day listening to union reps and their vendors give their spiel.

And try to make you sign up for everything, especially that extra money the union says to sign up for asking for more money im glad I canceled that co pay shit to them.

11 minutes ago, beanz said:

Not gonna get into it, but take it from me and my personal experience. Union ain't shit when u on probation, so dont give them an extra dollar.

Yup I only let them take out their useless union dues and that's it I put a stop to that extra money shit like after 5 months 

13 hours ago, Schecter said:

Yup I only let them take out their useless union dues and that's it I put a stop to that extra money shit like after 5 months 

I'm still paying mine... 😐 

My Union dues and my PAC money combined is higher than disability. After I got assaulted though, I maxed that out.

22 hours ago, Strong Finish said:

Hey BxJay,

I got in the Sept 21st class. There was one other person in the 12**'s, including myself that got sworn in yesterday. 

The first class is definitely a zoom, and the second class  will be at location in Brooklyn. The colored sheet that was handed to you gives you the zoom link as well as the location. 

When I went my paper said to report to the school. It was after the fact that I got an email mentioning the zoom

20 hours ago, Jericho said:

Ha at least they can’t force you to sign up for that cope fund bull shit they get all the new people with! Can’t fill out the little form if you aren’t there in person. I’ve seen them pull people into the hallway to try to convince them. I really want to see how they are going to sell it via zoom. I’ll let y’all know. Because they ain’t getting me again. Nope. Just got that crap taken off! They are a bunch of sell outs and losers. They might make me tell them how I really feel and how they are f**king over stations knowingly. 

18 hours ago, beanz said:

Not gonna get into it, but take it from me and my personal experience. Union ain't shit when u on probation, so dont give them an extra dollar.

The Union ain’t shit even when off probation. Sorry... I’m coming from station and trust me .. they will sell out their momma to not be sent back to their tools 

3 minutes ago, BxJay120 said:

The Union ain’t shit even when off probation. Sorry... I’m coming from station and trust me .. they will sell out their momma to not be sent back to their tools 

Yes they will that's why that cope pay is bs I signed up when I first went to union hall because they made it seem like it was mandatory but screw that shit I called them to take that shit off because now they're collecting union dues and the cope shit screw that.

19 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Yes they will that's why that cope pay is bs I signed up when I first went to union hall because they made it seem like it was mandatory but screw that shit I called them to take that shit off because now they're collecting union dues and the cope shit screw that.

What is the cope for?

On 9/10/2020 at 2:15 PM, Schecter said:

And try to make you sign up for everything, especially that extra money the union says to sign up for asking for more money im glad I canceled that co pay shit to them.

I made the mistake of giving them extra money. how do we cancel that?

7 minutes ago, fg8297 said:

I made the mistake of giving them extra money. how do we cancel that?

You gotta call them and they'll give you the fax number to fax the letter to. Basically just type up a letter saying " I (insert name) would like to cancel the cope pay of (enter the dollar amount), my bsc is (insert bsc #) and my pass number is (insert pass #) feel free to call me or email me at (enter email and phone number)." Or if you want ask them what you should write in the letter if it makes you feel more comfortable. Just tell them you wanna know how to go about canceling the cope pay bs.

On 9/10/2020 at 12:00 PM, Strong Finish said:

Hey BxJay,

Wait then we are here together ... who are you 👀👀👀

12 hours ago, Djf22 said:

Does anyone know when the next class is scheduled for?

No dates yet but I once again heard October and November. I also heard its gonna slow down for a while after those 2 classes.

Those of you in the September class...hows it going? Who are your TSSs?

Edited by beanz