ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh and expect to hear results if you passed to come in for medical/processing within a week or two. Took them 13 days last time back in August of 2020 to tell me to come in for final processing even though that got shot down the day before sending me another email not to come...

1 minute ago, Schecter said:

Oh and expect to hear results if you passed to come in for medical/processing within a week or two. Took them 13 days last time back in August of 2020 to tell me to come in for final processing even though that got shot down the day before sending me another email not to come...

I told you you got it this time!!!!

Just now, MarkGuy said:

Exactly. 

Honestly its going to be hard to imagine them going back to promotional for train op. While many conductors do go on to become great train ops, there's also a bunch who don't go upfront for a variety of reasons 

(I.e. fear of having to walk the structure for put ins, unwillingness to deal with the much bigger list of responsibilities, or they try to tough it out after making the switch but just cannot control a train for their lives.)

Some bus operators (though arguably they may have more responsibilities in that seat)  fall into these categories too.

Conversely, you have a decent number of off the street folks willing and able to deal with the aforementioned duties.  It's relative..

1 minute ago, MarkGuy said:

Honestly its going to be hard to imagine them going back to promotional for train op. While many conductors do go on to become great train ops, there's also a bunch who don't go upfront for a variety of reasons 

(I.e. fear of having to walk the structure for put ins, unwillingness to deal with the much bigger list of responsibilities, or they try to tough it out after making the switch but just cannot control a train for their lives.)

Some bus operators (though arguably they may have more responsibilities in that seat)  fall into these categories too.

Conversely, you have a decent number of off the street folks willing and able to deal with the aforementioned duties.  It's relative..

Regardless of all of that the fact that they took the money for the test usually implies that they have to at least give everyone a shot that is eligible

Just now, STtoMTA said:

Regardless of all of that the fact that they took the money for the test usually implies that they have to at least give everyone a shot that is eligible

Yeah I'm feeling the same way, I'm hoping they hire a lot of guys/ladies on here so I can see my future brothers and sisters down here for 25 years plus 😆, tier 6 is garbage so I have no choice but to keep climbing the ladder.

1 minute ago, Schecter said:

Yeah I'm feeling the same way, I'm hoping they hire a lot of guys/ladies on here so I can see my future brothers and sisters down here for 25 years plus 😆, tier 6 is garbage so I have no choice but to keep climbing the ladder.

Yeah Schecter you’ll be above me but I think because of COVID and these small sized classes that they are going to just continually hire.  Not to mention there’s quite of number of guys down there that have a lot of time in .  With that being said they will probably continually hire.

in addition, there are a lot of people that moved and left the city, simply don’t want the job because of the risk anymore, have families now, aren’t ready, there’s multitudes so thinking they’re going to blow through a few thousand this year isn’t actually all that unrealistic 

1 minute ago, STtoMTA said:

Yeah Schecter you’ll be above me but I think because of COVID and these small sized classes that they are going to just continually hire.  Not to mention there’s quite of number of guys down there that have a lot of time in .  With that being said they will probably continually hire.

in addition, there are a lot of people that moved and left the city, simply don’t want the job because of the risk anymore, have families now, aren’t ready, there’s multitudes so thinking they’re going to blow through a few thousand this year isn’t actually all that unrealistic 

I heard also that a lot of people retired and also a lot more of my co workers are getting struck with covid still.

On 1/12/2021 at 7:55 AM, Embalmman said:

When you were appointed in September, open data stated there were 57 vacancies. How many were actually appointed?

29. One was a dud. Someone who was demoted from doing a job at rail control that he wasn’t supposed to be doing . He didn’t even make the week before he retired . 

5 hours ago, MarkGuy said:

I personally think it would be a bad idea . I was promotional from stations where they say most people don’t make it . If we had 10 promotionals, 6 went back. Bus operators go back . Conductors go back .. I don’t think it’s a good idea at all 

3 minutes ago, BxJay120 said:

I personally think it would be a bad idea . I was promotional from stations where they say most people don’t make it . If we had 10 promotionals, 6 went back. Bus operators go back . Conductors go back .. I don’t think it’s a good idea at all 

Thankfully I'm extra extra as conductor so I don't have any set RDOs or set job yet, I understand the basics of signals I know that's not everything but hey 🤷🏻‍♀️

4 hours ago, BxJay120 said:

Agreed. 

1 minute ago, STtoMTA said:

That’s where I wanna be which works out cause everyone wants b 😂. I still have a minute but my sources on the inside tell me that there’s gonna be mad hires this year

Yeah I'm staying in the A ill go to the B when I get to pick: don't feel like being on board at coney Island and ending up somewhere crazy.

The A division just has the R188s(7) R142(2,5) R142A(4) and R62(3) R62A(1,6)

5 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Yeah I'm staying in the A ill go to the B when I get to pick: don't feel like being on board at coney Island and ending up somewhere crazy.

The A division just has the R188s(7) R142(2,5) R142A(4) and R62(3) R62A(1,6)

Exactly less for the practical

34 minutes ago, Schecter said:

That's my thoughts exactly I heard they do the practical on the SMEE trains not the new tech 

Not always true. You can get an 142a .  I just like the lines better and report locations (for the most part).  We won’t be in the same class but I deff hope to be joining you soon.  As I stated before I have a buddy in the cab rn and he’s saying even though my numbers are in the 4000s I don’t have to worry.  

my thoughts are that they’re going to do continuous classes because they can’t exactly do all the people in one class due to Covid..... so they’ll just keep perpetually hiring for awhile now