ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Schecter said:

So i just spoke to a TSS over here and he told me that the MTA received a budget to hire 200 train operators and 200 conductors as well, he said they should be hiring throughout the year and onwards.

Schecter! Always comin thru.  Now does that mean hiring the 200 throughout the year or hiring in general. The latter makes most sense 

2 minutes ago, STtoMTA said:

Schecter! Always comin thru.  Now does that mean hiring the 200 throughout the year or hiring in general. The latter makes most sense 

Yeah hiring in general he was a school car TSS so I asked him so i can inform everybody here. 200 in general but there will be classes throughout the year.

Yeah hiring in general he was a school car TSS so I asked him so i can inform everybody here. 200 in general but there will be classes throughout the year.

So most likely more than that 200. That’s so good to hear!  Thank you so much

Edited by STtoMTA
Give thanks 😂

Yup that's so true he said to just study in particular when it comes to the signal exam which we need 100 and nothing less and have to know they word for word.

I’ll keep praying. Thanks so much.  Looking forward to hearing more good news

3 hours ago, Schecter said:

Yup that's so true he said to just study in particular when it comes to the signal exam which we need 100 and nothing less and have to know they word for word.

I've seen people 💣 that test who still have their handles. Don't believe the hype.

14 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

I've seen people 💣 that test who still have their handles. Don't believe the hype.

😮 yeah they do hype the test up like it's some Einstein field equation:

Rμν − ½Rgμν = 8πG Tμν                                                                          c4

8 hours ago, Schecter said:

😮 yeah they do hype the test up like it's some Einstein field equation:

Rμν − ½Rgμν = 8πG Tμν                                                                          c4

Honestly tho, those people need to Thank their lucky stars they got another chance after seeing firsthand how bad they messed up the test. 

Word of advice for those coming in. Service Delivery/Schoolcar has a strict policy on calling out as you may learn from your first week. They expect you to be in class everyday so it is highly advisable that you only call out if you are sick and can provide doctor's lines or a family event/emergency such as giving birth or injury/sick. It has to be substantiated.

In the meantime, save the phone number for the IVR and start banking holidays (at least 14 days in advance) and the overtime you accrue during yard/road posting, YX, etc. When you're out on the road after passing the road practical, you can start requesting a day off via the IVR. Do it 20 days in advance at midnight (more like 2355) to have the highest chance of getting it, You want to call out as little as possible while on probation.

Edited by Jericho

2 hours ago, Jericho said:

Word of advice for those coming in. Service Delivery/Schoolcar has a strict policy on calling out as you may learn from your first week. They expect you to be in class everyday so it is highly advisable that you only call out if you are sick and can provide doctor's lines or a family event/emergency such as giving birth or injury/sick. It has to be substantiated.

In the meantime, save the phone number for the IVR and start banking holidays (at least 14 days in advance) and the overtime you accrue during yard/road posting, YX, etc. When you're out on the road after passing the road practical, you can start requesting a day off via the IVR. Do it 20 days in advance at midnight (more like 2355) to have the highest chance of getting it,

Thanks for the heads up