ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

Just now, Schecter said:

Thanks, I still have to clear the medical portion tomorrow let's see if it's an all day thing 

I’m looking forward to hearing how this goes and how many they’re planning on doing and when because certification already expired.  I think they’re waiting to see how your group does .  Do you at least clear close to home tn?

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

list number 6XXX...I know kinda high but last exam it made it to the 9000s if not mistaken I think even 10000s....quick question...how far down the list you guys think MTA will go...heard a lot of stuff from mass retirements to ppl not even making it through school car or declining the position because of covid

1 minute ago, 456ontheLex said:

list number 6XXX...I know kinda high but last exam it made it to the 9000s if not mistaken I think even 10000s....quick question...how far down the list you guys think MTA will go...heard a lot of stuff from mass retirements to ppl not even making it through school car or declining the position because of covid

My boy is up there too and like I told him, there will most likely be an extension of this list. Lots of people will eventually decline if they find other jobs or move away so even though u may wait a long while, i think there's a good chance u will be called someday. Don't lose hope.

1 minute ago, beanz said:

My boy is up there too and like I told him, there will most likely be an extension of this list. Lots of people will eventually decline if they find other jobs or move away so even though u may wait a long while, i think there's a good chance u will be called someday. Don't lose hope.

I was told they're going to go thru a huge amount this year

Edited by STtoMTA

3 minutes ago, STtoMTA said:

I was told they're going to go thru a huge amount this year

Yeah people will fail the drug test, be put on medical hold, not finish school car, quit school car, or don't want the job because they will be on the bottom of the totem pole getting horrible shifts with days off changing whenever they want to. Once you deal with the crew office they'll make you work, change your tours and change your RDOs( Regular Days Off)

4 hours ago, Pete said:

133x went last Thursday for Preemployment waiting on medical 

Me too. I think they’re trying to avoid what happened in August. They filled up the class after sending out the email for us to come in for medical. Then they had to email us to stay home at the last minute. I’m 133x just like you. 

On 1/26/2021 at 11:27 AM, beanz said:

LOL I didn't even think about the retirement tiers til u just brought it up. Tier 6 is bad but what I heard they got in mind for tier 7 is frightening.

Yea man I'm very happy u have no idea. Might still be a little while but just knowing I'll be back is an awesome feeling.

thanks for sharing your experience as a TO, I hope you can get back in.

What have you heard about Tier 7 so far?

thanks

Hello everyone. A little background on me. I was in the process around June 2018, and didnt happen for me then. Around the middle of October 2020, I went to DCAS to restore my exam and list number back on the hiring list. I got the email that I was restored back on the hiring list some time after. Jan 8 I got the canvass email. Same day or next, I filled out the paperwork and emailed it. Jan 12 or 13, I got email to take drug test for Jan 15. Did drug test Jan 15th. Jan 20 got email to come in for Jan 26. 

Jan 26 was for medical and final processing. Medical went well as did final processing. Waited all day, but worth it, everything went well with the paperwork. Appointed and fingerprinted. Got Feb 22 start date!!! Im excited. Looking forward to this new journey work wise. 

List in the 9x

So far what has happened is the following I got here at 6:05ish waited outside shivering waiting for them to open the doors to the building, went upstairs gave them the my name and driver's license signed in, and then got a ticket, I then went to the front desk and filled out 3 pieces of paper and was told to wait in back aka the medical waiting room. The nurse called my name and i had to fill out 3 pages asking stuff about sleep apnea and about my health. After that they said sit down, I waited and waited and then a nurse called me in she checked my weight, height, eye sight, and for colorblindess, and also an ekg, they do a hearing exam and they have you pee in a cup to check for glucose and protein. After that you're told to sit back in the waiting room and to wait for the doctor to call you, she called me in asked me all these medical questions about myself, and then last she measured my neck size anything bigger than 17.5 is bad according to the doctor, but I was good and made it. Next you sit down and wait and the doctor let's you know if you're either qualified or not or if you're on medical hold for some reason.  She called my name hanged me the the paper and I'm qualified, I handed the paper to the ladies at the front desk and they asked for the all documents the sent by email handed it to the lady at the front and now I'm here waiting.

1 minute ago, Schecter said:

So far what has happened is the following I got here at 6:05ish waited outside shivering waiting for them to open the doors to the building, went upstairs gave them the my name and driver's license signed in, and then got a ticket, I then went to the front desk and filled out 3 pieces of paper and was told to wait in back aka the medical waiting room. The nurse called my name and i had to fill out 3 pages asking stuff about sleep apnea and about my health. After that they said sit down, I waited and waited and then a nurse called me in she checked my weight, height, eye sight, and for colorblindess, and also an ekg, they do a hearing exam and they have you pee in a cup to check for glucose and protein. After that you're told to sit back in the waiting room and to wait for the doctor to call you, she called me in asked me all these medical questions about myself, and then last she measured my neck size anything bigger than 17.5 is bad according to the doctor, but I was good and made it. Next you sit down and wait and the doctor let's you know if you're either qualified or not or if you're on medical hold for some reason.  She called my name hanged me the the paper and I'm qualified, I handed the paper to the ladies at the front desk and they asked for the all documents the sent by email handed it to the lady at the front and now I'm here waiting.

Congrats man..next you will be called in by somebody and they will enter you into the system, give you the rule book and other stuff, and swear you in. 

That's it. You made it!

2 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Thanks for the detail my goodness.   Congrats on being qualified.  You’re almost done!  Let us know how it ends

Just now, beanz said:

Congrats man..next you will be called in by somebody and they will enter you into the system, give you the rule book and other stuff, and swear you in. 

That's it. You made it!

Get sworn in with my uniform on lmao, I think I'm the only person here with my uniform on going for t/o