ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Schecter said:

So I'm officially in I'm a conductor still until the 21st of next month, I asked the lady who finalized me and she said the mta had 500 vacancies apparently but they canceled it this past Monday or w.e

How does this make any sense.  CONGRATS

40 minutes ago, STtoMTA said:

How does this make any sense.  CONGRATS

Yeah it doesn't at all, I'm like how many people are you hiring she was like for this class for February 22nd only 20 people, im like I've heard they're hiring 200 train operators and 200 conductors as well she was like 2 Broadway aka MTA HQ said they had 500 vacancies but they took it back on Monday. I'm like oh so you only call and hire people when they said to have new classes she was like yeah exactly without their authorization we can't have new classes or we'll be calling people in for no reason.

1 hour ago, beanz said:

Congrats man..next you will be called in by somebody and they will enter you into the system, give you the rule book and other stuff, and swear you in. 

That's it. You made it!

They skipped the sworn in and didn't give me a rulebook and just the green paper and another paper to change my pass from conductor to train operator, since I'm already an employee etc etc. There's some dumb zoom meeting for orientation I'm like ugh really I don't wanna show my morning face 😑

3 hours ago, Schecter said:

They skipped the sworn in and didn't give me a rulebook and just the green paper and another paper to change my pass from conductor to train operator, since I'm already an employee etc etc. There's some dumb zoom meeting for orientation I'm like ugh really I don't wanna show my morning face 😑

That's wussup congrats man. 

Good morning 👋🏼,

Received word from employment, they did receive my documents they are just not up to my list number 137x. 

“Good morning,

We have received your documents and applications. As soon as we are able to reach your list number we will contact you.”

Thank you.

Employment Operations

Human Resources Division

MTA New York City Transit

180 Livingston St, 5th Floor 5

Brooklyn, NY 11201

3 minutes ago, Brytstar said:

Good morning 👋🏼,

Received word from employment, they did receive my documents they are just not up to my list number 137x. 

“Good morning,

We have received your documents and applications. As soon as we are able to reach your list number we will contact you.”

Thank you.

Employment Operations

Human Resources Division

MTA New York City Transit

180 Livingston St, 5th Floor 5

Brooklyn, NY 11201

Oh man, so looks like @schecter was right.  They backed down on the big number of vacancies 

On 1/28/2021 at 1:58 PM, Schecter said:

Congrats . I’ve been checking to see if you made it with how they did you last time 

5 minutes ago, BxJay120 said:

Congrats . I’ve been checking to see if you made it with how they did you last time 

Yeah last time they did me dirty was mad depressed, only thing that's making me nervous now is that this test wasn't promotional it was open competitive so they said that if something happens or if I wanna go back to conductor that I have to put my name back on the list and see if they will have classes for me to come back, and have to pay a processing fee as well I'm like wtf?!?!?!?? So I have to definitely pass or become homeless and jobless now.

Edited by Schecter

1 minute ago, Schecter said:

Yeah last time they did me dirty was mad depressed, only thing that's making me nervous now is that this test wasn't promotional it was open competitive so they said that if something happens or if I wanna go back to conductor that I have to put my name back on the list and see if they will have classes for me to come back, and have to pay a processing fee as well I'm like wtf?!?!?!?? So I have to definitely pass or become homeless and jobless now.

Oh damn