ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

3 minutes ago, STtoMTA said:

Not bad, the 3 is where it’s at minus the 62 brakes

For me it's the 1. I grew up on 137th city college, went to high school in marble hill 225th, worked at Cortland, 42nd, 59th and 116th at different times in my life. Hung out at dyckman and 207, had family at 181, and had a girlfriend at 231st. 

If I've taken the train 100 times in my life, 87 of them were on the 1. Plus I love the 62As and the line is cool and VC has my favorite crew room. I also live in Riverdale now just north of the terminal. So if I could be on the 1 all the time I'd take it.

Second favorite was the 4 since I used to live by bedford park and it's a fast and easy line. 

2 and 6 were my least favorite because u on the train for so long. U don't get off the train on the 6 til u make your whole trip. 2 is just long as hell.

3, and 5 I didn't mind i just didn't like the 62s and I hate the small crew rooms at flatbush. 

I'll take the 1 everyday of the week 3 trips and all. I used to get it a lot while i was there and I loved it.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Schecter said:

Yeah last time they did me dirty was mad depressed, only thing that's making me nervous now is that this test wasn't promotional it was open competitive so they said that if something happens or if I wanna go back to conductor that I have to put my name back on the list and see if they will have classes for me to come back, and have to pay a processing fee as well I'm like wtf?!?!?!?? So I have to definitely pass or become homeless and jobless now.

Don’t let them lie to you. I’m one of 9 Promotionals who didn’t go back . They all went back to title no problem. They wouldn’t tell any of us that when we were sworn in but everyone who wanted to go back went back . At least 5 went back to title . Sat a Livingston for a couple days and had to pay some Processing fee but they let them go back. 

43 minutes ago, BxJay120 said:

21 hours ago, Schecter said:

Yeah last time they did me dirty was mad depressed, only thing that's making me nervous now is that this test wasn't promotional it was open competitive so they said that if something happens or if I wanna go back to conductor that I have to put my name back on the list and see if they will have classes for me to come back, and have to pay a processing fee as well I'm like wtf?!?!?!?? So I have to definitely pass or become homeless and jobless now.

Don’t let them lie to you. I’m one of 9 Promotionals who didn’t go back . They all went back to title no problem. They wouldn’t tell any of us that when we were sworn in but everyone who wanted to go back went back . At least 5 went back to title . Sat a Livingston for a couple days and had to pay some Processing fee but they let them go back. 

The people who cannot go back are probationaries. A classmate of my ended up failing the final exam and could not go back to buses since he had less than one year in title.

Also, there have been T/O's who messed up and were allowed to be demoted to their previous title which is something people from the streets cannot do.

3 minutes ago, Jericho said:

The people who cannot go back are probationaries. A classmate of my ended up failing the final exam and could not go back to buses since he had less than one year in title.

Also, there have been T/O's who messed up and were allowed to be demoted to their previous title which is something people from the streets cannot do.

Final exam as in the signal or road?

15 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Final exam as in the signal or road?

It's a separate exam you take before the road practical. It's pretty much the culmination of all the quizzes you will get. But don't sweat it. My classmate just didn't seem to have the time or inclination to study. Always came to class tired because he had kids IIRC.

Edited by Jericho

17 minutes ago, Jericho said:

It's a separate exam you take before the road practical. It's pretty much the culmination of all the quizzes you will get. But don't sweat it. My classmate just didn't seem to have the time or inclination to study. Always came to class tired because he had kids IIRC.

Oh right there's a midterm and final duh my bad 🤣

13 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Me too idk tbh she didn't elaborate on anything except the 500 vacancies which I seem is bs tbh because how you have go from 400 vacancies to now nothing when they need more crews to work...

Schecter do you also find that there’s mad OT ? Like a lot of jobs open ? That’s what you’re saying by crews to work?

4 minutes ago, STtoMTA said:

Schecter do you also find that there’s mad OT ? Like a lot of jobs open ? That’s what you’re saying by crews to work?

Yeah I heard RCC say on the radio I believe last week any train operators wishing to work OT to call the crew office. They need to hire people to fill in a lot of empty slots available. Or just pay people OT which makes no sense.

6 hours ago, Schecter said:

Yeah I heard RCC say on the radio I believe last week any train operators wishing to work OT to call the crew office. They need to hire people to fill in a lot of empty slots available. Or just pay people OT which makes no sense.

Well remember it costs money to train as well

Keep in mind so far, Transit has been fine with the reduced service on the C and F.

It would not be a surprised that service will be further cut over the summer when the new pick starts  and therefore less jobs needed to fill due to lower ridership/Covid.

Hello. Everyone. New here. So in 2018 I was in the process for TO. It didnt work out then. Around October 2020 I emailed DCAS and put my name back on the hiring list. Jan 8th I got emailed the canvass letter. Jan 15th I had the drug test. Jan 26th I had the medical and final processing. Everything worked out fine and got appointed same day. Long day but it was worth it. I was one of the last ones if not the last one that day. Im in for the Feb 22 start date. Excited for what is to come. Looking forward to it. List 9X

2 hours ago, nycraised03 said:

Hello. Everyone. New here. So in 2018 I was in the process for TO. It didnt work out then. Around October 2020 I emailed DCAS and put my name back on the hiring list. Jan 8th I got emailed the canvass letter. Jan 15th I had the drug test. Jan 26th I had the medical and final processing. Everything worked out fine and got appointed same day. Long day but it was worth it. I was one of the last ones if not the last one that day. Im in for the Feb 22 start date. Excited for what is to come. Looking forward to it. List 9X

This is a lesson to never doubt reinstating! it works!

1 hour ago, ix360xi said:

What are the odds of 8k list number being call? lol

It’s not that you WONT be called, but most likely not this year....from what I’ve heard they should sift through about 5-6k this year depending on needs and depending on how many people don’t take the job .....hopefully that’s accurate. Maybe next year or if they extend it 

21 minutes ago, STtoMTA said:

It’s not that you WONT be called, but most likely not this year....from what I’ve heard they should sift through about 5-6k this year depending on needs and depending on how many people don’t take the job .....hopefully that’s accurate. Maybe next year or if they extend it 

5~6k or 500-600 ????? 5k seems impossible.

23 hours ago, nycraised03 said:

So, so far from the forum it's just you and I in the same class

133x took drug test January 21 waiting on Medical hopefully I get in the February 22 class too 

2 minutes ago, Schecter said:

My friend got called for the medical for next week and he's in the 1320s.

When did your friend go for the drug test