ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

The lineups and points of no returns are gonna be crazy in the B the A is much more simpler especially with ATS which also helps the B is stuck in the past. Especially with the new CBTC introduction on the Queens corridor a bunch of fun BIEs everywhere and signal malfunctions wish me luck 

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Schecter said:

The lineups and points of no returns are gonna be crazy in the B the A is much more simpler especially with ATS which also helps the B is stuck in the past. Especially with the new CBTC introduction on the Queens corridor a bunch of fun BIEs everywhere and signal malfunctions wish me luck 

Many of those lineups are shared between lines which makes it much easier. You will see. They try scaring B div folks at the school the first week by saying, "The A div only has 7 lines and 6 of them go either up the west or east side. Meanwhile you're all over the place in the B."

Personally for me I didn't struggle much with getting lineups. And a T/O who invited me into his cab during schoolcar gave me advice that maybe can work for you:

Remember all the bottom yellows on your route. 

Served me well 

Learning line ups isn't as hard as they make it out to be.  

You have to think outside the box.  Focus on learning the track layouts.  Whenever I passed a switch I would think about why it was there.  You have to be patient.  You guys have track schematics, etc.   

You can memorize all the proper line ups and it still won't help you when there is problem on the road and you get rerouted or during GOs.  School car doesn't really prepare you for these scenarios it takes a little initiative and some experience.  

When you're posting, especially with a experienced T/O, ask that person, what are common ways this line gets rerouted when things go wrong, where do they turn trains, etc?

3 minutes ago, Late Clear said:

Learning line ups isn't as hard as they make it out to be.  

You have to think outside the box.  Focus on learning the track layouts.  Whenever I passed a switch I would think about why it was there.  You have to be patient.  You guys have track schematics, etc.   

You can memorize all the proper line ups and it still won't help you when there is problem on the road and you get rerouted or during GOs.  School car doesn't really prepare you for these scenarios it takes a little initiative and some experience.  

When you're posting, especially with a experienced T/O, ask that person, what are common ways this line gets rerouted when things go wrong, where do they turn trains, etc?

So you’re saying more along the lines of “lay of the land” 

Worry about schoolcar first. 😹While you're XX, you will be all over the place. Sooner or later, you'll figure out where each line goes and what line-ups you need. You'll be fine. Edit: If anything, you'll likely be better off than the senior guys who've stayed in the same job for the past decade or so.

________
Disclaimer: This is NOT NYCT approved and may have a few mistakes I've yet to find (I certainly can't say anything for the A division), but this track book by a buff helped me to visualize the switches and signals in the system.

Edited by Jericho

Yeah-you're doing exactly what I was when I first started schoolcar-putting the cart waayy before the horse. 

I was asking questions to advanced topics when I hadn't even charged up a train at that point. Worry moreso about your weekly quizzes, learning the train from a technical standpoint, and those signals. Cause if you can't grasp those at all whatsoever, don't worry about lineups, since they'll send you back to the middle.

Also, your induction doesn't even begin until the 22nd. So how do you know which division you will end up in this soon? For all you know, they could keep you in the A.

Edited by MarkGuy
So I just saw bxjay's post with a tss saying all you guya are being drafted into the B. Remember, people talk down here just to talk. Just because some random tss said it, doesn't automatically mean it's true. Wait til the first week to find out for sure

1 hour ago, Nishenstein said:

Good morning all. I’m currently at 180 Livingston. Here for medical. They called me yesterday afternoon to come in. If anyone drops out of the class for 2/22 I would go in is what vargas said when she called. I’ll keep my ear open for any info. I’ll also be sure to ask about future classes. 

Congrats !  You’re 133x?

2 hours ago, Nishenstein said:

Yes I am 133x. I’m still here. Because of a mix up on my end. They were so patient with me. I may not be in the 2/22 class because of the mix up. 

When I spoke to them last week they couldn’t give me an exact date on a new class but they said they’d assume in the next few months 

5 minutes ago, Nishenstein said:

They got beyond that. They skipped me because of my mix up. I’m 133x. I was told that I would be in the May class guys. So I guess they’re going to try and do classes every 3 months. 

That’s awesome three months that’ll fly by

3 hours ago, STtoMTA said:

It’s so nice to see some positive motion!

It is I agree I figured it’d be like June or July since the last one was September so every 5 months but of course the sooner the better very optimistic and excited for all of us can’t wait to get down there with the rats😂

Just now, Djf22 said:

It is I agree I figured it’d be like June or July since the last one was September so every 5 months but of course the sooner the better very optimistic and excited for all of us can’t wait to get down there with the rats😂

Pizza rat is waiting for you

2 hours ago, Danavigata said:

Happy Orientation Monday! Good Luck to everyone who starts today and I can’t wait to see my fellow new TO’s in the Zoom call at 8am!

Agreed.  Good luck, we can’t wait to be there with you guys (when it’s my time). Don’t forget us waiting over here though those that just got in

15 hours ago, Danavigata said:

Happy Orientation Monday! Good Luck to everyone who starts today and I can’t wait to see my fellow new TO’s in the Zoom call at 8am!

I was on the zoom call. Sure we saw each other. It was long and alot of info which im sure we will hear again soon. Cant wait for the rest of the week and see what is in store for us!