ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

2 minutes ago, nycraised03 said:

I was on the zoom call. Sure we saw each other. It was long and alot of info which im sure we will hear again soon. Cant wait for the rest of the week and see what is in store for us!

Nycraised03, could you give your list number? (Example 131x)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, STtoMTA said:

do you guys know how many are in this class?

20 people total 5 people per class, and the school car TSS said they're going to be hiring 200 conductors and train operators throughout this year. He said they (the MTA) needs more people since they have no crews to run the trains and have to ABD a lot of trips because of the lack of crews to run the train. 

1 hour ago, Schecter said:

I know right there goes me wishing for the A farewell for now to the  A division.

You’ll be fine.  Who knows, maybe you’ll like it better.  It’s part of your plan obviously so you have to do what’s good.  What’ll be good for you is that you’ll basically be double qualified almost or have good knowledge and then you can get work train jobs easier ...go ride the vac or the refuse lmao 

1 minute ago, STtoMTA said:

You’ll be fine.  Who knows, maybe you’ll like it better.  It’s part of your plan obviously so you have to do what’s good.  What’ll be good for you is that you’ll basically be double qualified almost or have good knowledge and then you can get work train jobs easier ...go ride the vac or the refuse lmao 

Lmao the garbage train, get to inhale them diesel fumes in work trains. Yeah in a sense I would know both since I did c/r in the A. Once I get to pick in the B imma switch my ass back to the A division. Probably in like 7 years from now.

Just now, beanz said:

Sorry I haven't updated, but i managed to get in this class. Got sent to the B today also, so that's my trade off for getting to come back 🙄 but all things considered that's a small price to pay. 

Were you with TSS Blackman 👀 and that Italian TSS?

Edited by Schecter

3 minutes ago, beanz said:

Sorry I haven't updated, but i managed to get in this class. Got sent to the B today also, so that's my trade off for getting to come back 🙄 but all things considered that's a small price to pay. 

At least you got to come back. There's a lot of us waiting so count your blessings

1 minute ago, Schecter said:

Nevermind lmao there was another person who came back also in my classroom, who's your assigned TSS? I got one who I heard is sarcastic and one who wrote the manual 👀

We gonna be classmates then. We got tss carney and tss yueng. Carney is my personal favorite TSS cause he's so knowledgeable and his sarcastic style is actually pretty funny to me. yueng is dry as hell. We had him for road ops one of our last weeks and none of us particularly enjoyed him but he knows his shit too. But carney seems to know that rule book and every aspect of that job in and out.

7 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Lmao the garbage train, get to inhale them diesel fumes in work trains. Yeah in a sense I would know both since I did c/r in the A. Once I get to pick in the B imma switch my ass back to the A division. Probably in like 7 years from now.

7years 😂

2 minutes ago, STtoMTA said:

At least you got to come back. There's a lot of us waiting so count your blessings

Yea I am 100 percent grateful and humble and i also feel guilty that i got a second chance and took a seat from someone else. But I also have a special needs daughter and needed that insurance back and the money so i gotta take any chances i get for her moreso than for myself. But don't worry you will be there this year almost for a certainty.

1 minute ago, beanz said:

Yea I am 100 percent grateful and humble and i also feel guilty that i got a second chance and took a seat from someone else. But I also have a special needs daughter and needed that insurance back and the money so i gotta take any chances i get for her moreso than for myself. But don't worry you will be there this year almost for a certainty.

You’re talking to the people in 5 and 6xxx? I’m lower than that but idk man 

1 minute ago, STtoMTA said:

You’re talking to the people in 5 and 6xxx? I’m lower than that but idk man 

Oh nah my bad i thought u were someone else in the 1300s.

But my boy has been with transit since 2013 and he was in the 2009 list. His number was low and when he least expected it they called him so don't lose hope. Idk what his number was but he didn't think he would ever get called and he did.

Edited by beanz

4 minutes ago, beanz said:

Oh nah my bad i thought u were someone else in the 1300s.

But my boy has been with transit since 2013 and he was in the 2009 list. His number was low and when he least expected it they called him so don't lose hope. Idk what his number was but he didn't think he would ever get called and he did.

Hopefully 

1 hour ago, beanz said:

We gonna be classmates then. We got tss carney and tss yueng. Carney is my personal favorite TSS cause he's so knowledgeable and his sarcastic style is actually pretty funny to me. yueng is dry as hell. We had him for road ops one of our last weeks and none of us particularly enjoyed him but he knows his shit too. But carney seems to know that rule book and every aspect of that job in and out.

Yuen is cool he was one my SchoolCar TSS. My class had Carney for our finals at the school