ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, njbk said:

How could i get taken off a list that doesn’t exist yet?

The list exist, just not released to the public to view. That is how some of the guys who did go in got their numbers, if you look back at some other post some guys added them to their post. 

12 minutes ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

The list exist, just not released to the public to view. That is how some of the guys who did go in got their numbers, if you look back at some other post some guys added them to their post. 

My letter had a list number on it but MTA told me it will probably change slightly after dcas finalizes it. 

Just now, njbk said:

So i send the letter back and then i will get another one in July? Or i need to pay attention and reach out to MTA myself when the list is established?

Just send the letter back to them and they will reach out you you. If you wanna play it safe the call Dcas to make sure you still on the list 

57 minutes ago, njbk said:

My letter had a list number on it but MTA told me it will probably change slightly after dcas finalizes it. 

The preemployment letter that some folks got included a list number that was from MTA's list. DCAS has to release the official list which MTA said should be comparable to their list... give or take a few. Should not be a drastic difference. They mentioned only those claiming veterans credit would there be a chance of a drastic difference if you don't meet the requirements (resident of NYS). 

3 minutes ago, apokeguy said:

The preemployment letter that some folks got included a list number that was from MTA's list. DCAS has to release the official list which MTA said should be comparable to their list... give or take a few. Should not be a drastic difference. They mentioned only those claiming veterans credit would there be a chance of a drastic difference if you don't meet the requirements (resident of NYS). 

I don’t think NY residency is a requirement of the job. I got 100 on the test and my list number according to the letter is between 1 and 25 and I have no veterans/disability credits. I can’t imagine there being that few people with those so i will be very surprised if i don’t drop. 

19 hours ago, njbk said:

Thank you for all the info. Gotta decide if I want to possibly leave my current job hanging or just wait until July.

If I in your position, I wouldn't leave until I receive an official employment offer from the MTA. Even if you receive a canvass letter, you still have to go in with all your documentation, they have to perform background checks, drug tests etc....  Just because the list may be released in July and you scored fairly well doesn't guarantee employment and all the other stuff mentioned above takes time. 

2 minutes ago, apokeguy said:

If I in your position, I wouldn't leave until I receive an official employment offer from the MTA. Even if you receive a canvass letter, you still have to go in with all your documentation, they have to perform background checks, drug tests etc....  Just because the list may be released in July and you scored fairly well doesn't guarantee employment and all the other stuff mentioned above takes time. 

Yeah this is why I’m torn. But July or even August is not that far away, and I’d rather not leave my current job hanging. I can also take this time to get all the info (jobs, addresses, documents, etc.) in order so that when the list comes out I’ll be ready to go. 

4 minutes ago, njbk said:

I don’t think NY residency is a requirement of the job. I got 100 on the test and my list number according to the letter is between 1 and 25 and I have no veterans/disability credits. I can’t imagine there being that few people with those so i will be very surprised if i don’t drop. 

Sorry for the confusion, I didn't mean NYS resident for the job. I'm sure that are folks that live in the tri state area including Pennsylvania that commute to  work for MTA. IIRC the lady giving the mini orientation stating some folks may not qualify for veterans credit even though they claimed it. I think she said you had to by a NYS resident to qualify for the veterans credit. If anyone else can recall, please correct me if I'm wrong. 

2 minutes ago, njbk said:

Yeah this is why I’m torn. But July or even August is not that far away, and I’d rather not leave my current job hanging. I can also take this time to get all the info (jobs, addresses, documents, etc.) in order so that when the list comes out I’ll be ready to go. 

Understood. For those like me with horrible record keeping AND are willing to pay the $115 you can request a detailed social security earnings report that will list all your employers (including names and addresses) along with your yearly earnings. I've requested it before for LE background checks and it has come in handy. You can walk into your local Social Security Administration office and fill out a form. It will ask for a date range and I've gone as far back as 25 years. The process of speaking with the SSA rep and printing the report can take 10-20 minutes. This does not include the usual wait time for the SSA office so depending on when you get there it can be an additional 30 minutes to 2 hours. It is not a fancy report and it looks like something someone just typed up in Notepad. Only additional info I wish it had was the actual months of employment. It only details the year you were with the employer. There is also a free option but that only shows your yearly earnings, no employer info. 

Here is a link to the form if you are interested https://www.ssa.gov/forms/ssa-7050.pdf

4 minutes ago, apokeguy said:

Understood. For those like me with horrible record keeping AND are willing to pay the $115 you can request a detailed social security earnings report that will list all your employers (including names and addresses) along with your yearly earnings. I've requested it before for LE background checks and it has come in handy. You can walk into your local Social Security Administration office and fill out a form. It will ask for a date range and I've gone as far back as 25 years. The process of speaking with the SSA rep and printing the report can take 10-20 minutes. This does not include the usual wait time for the SSA office so depending on when you get there it can be an additional 30 minutes to 2 hours. It is not a fancy report and it looks like something someone just typed up in Notepad. Only additional info I wish it had was the actual months of employment. It only details the year you were with the employer. There is also a free option but that only shows your yearly earnings, no employer info. 

Here is a link to the form if you are interested https://www.ssa.gov/forms/ssa-7050.pdf

Oh man thank you. I got the free earnings report but knew there had to be something more detailed. 

33 minutes ago, apokeguy said:

Sorry for the confusion, I didn't mean NYS resident for the job. I'm sure that are folks that live in the tri state area including Pennsylvania that commute to  work for MTA. IIRC the lady giving the mini orientation stating some folks may not qualify for veterans credit even though they claimed it. I think she said you had to by a NYS resident to qualify for the veterans credit. If anyone else can recall, please correct me if I'm wrong. 

Yes you have to be a nys resident in order to get veteran credits. 

8 hours ago, apokeguy said:

You say it takes time, how much time? If we get offered the temp position now (I have to go in Friday), how long will it take before they offer the temp job? Do we get to give our old job 2 weeks notice at least?

2 hours ago, jmksi said:

You say it takes time, how much time? If we get offered the temp position now (I have to go in Friday), how long will it take before they offer the temp job? Do we get to give our old job 2 weeks notice at least?

If the class starts the 29th like others have suggested on this thread, then no you won't be able to give your current employer 2 weeks notice.  That's just the way they work.  When I completed everything and swore me in it was a Friday.  She goes to me "Can you start this Monday or do you want to wait until the next class?".  I took the job right there and had no choice but to just quit my current employer.  

Are they strict with the business attire requirement at pre-employment????

i know a list that came with the letter said “you will be sent home if you are not in business casual attire.

For you guys who went to Livingston, did you guys see anyone get sent home because of that??

18 minutes ago, thatdudenixk17 said:

i know a list that came with the letter said “you will be sent home if you are not in business casual attire.

For you guys who went to Livingston, did you guys see anyone get sent home because of that??

Just dress Business casual, they not strict.

2 hours ago, thatdudenixk17 said:

I did not witness anyone being sent home. I saw the same guys waiting hat went into drug testing and they wore black jeans with polo shirt not tucked in. Now it’s up to you if you want to dress similar to just present yourself nicely.