ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

3 hours ago, RTOMan said:

Im going to say this to you folks looking to get hired and those who already are sworn in..

TAKE the COVID Test make sure you are negative when you report to Schoolcar if yer fully vaccinated the better...

Make sure your chit is correct...

Any Positive test in a class will delay everything they will put you on pause it has happened already..

I’m fully vaccinated, do they ask for proof beofre starting class?

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to all who will be joining the upcoming class in May. I just completed my 6 months of train operation training last week in the a division. Best advice I have is to much sure you study daily and maintain your focus throughout the 6 months of training. Good luck to you all. 

Hey guys, I am scheduled to go in tomorrow for medical. I have a question about the money order for finger printing. I wasn’t able to get a one of the three money orders they stated on the letter they sent me (us postal, American Express of travelers express); was only able to get a western Union money order. Think they will accept it?

43 minutes ago, Brytstar said:

Hey guys, I am scheduled to go in tomorrow for medical. I have a question about the money order for finger printing. I wasn’t able to get a one of the three money orders they stated on the letter they sent me (us postal, American Express of travelers express); was only able to get a western Union money order. Think they will accept it?

No.  Go get the right one.   Go to the post office. 

9 hours ago, Brytstar said:

Yeah get the right one they’ll definitely give you a hard time.

6 hours ago, Djf22 said:

What kind of back pack is acceptable for school car 

don't worry about that, everyone gets the same thing. There is no requirement. The only thing they want you to do is to carry it by hand when crossing tracks. I used a sports duffle bag and I had the strictest by the books instructors.

On 4/18/2021 at 1:36 AM, Djf22 said:

Are dark brown steel toes acceptable for train Operators

In practice, no. It's suppose to be composite toe, but the Saf-Gard website offers steel toe boots so... By the way, when you join up, you're allocated a free pair through Saf-Gard.
At least if you order from there you don't have to worry about filling out an alternative footwear form.

10 hours ago, Djf22 said:

What kind of back pack is acceptable for school car 

Any that can be carried without the straps dangling (and thus touching third rail). A lot of people are told about the KAKA bags though I got rid of mine because it started to fall apart. A duffel bag definitely works. I ended up buying this.

35 minutes ago, Jericho said:

In practice, no. It's suppose to be composite toe, but the Saf-Gard website offers steel toe boots so... By the way, when you join up, you're allocated a free pair through Saf-Gard.
At least if you order from there you don't have to worry about filling out an alternative footwear form.

Any that can be carried without the straps dangling (and thus touching third rail). A lot of people are told about the KAKA bags though I got rid of mine because it started to fall apart. A duffel bag definitely works. I ended up buying this.

Ok, well I just got a pair of composite toe electrical hazard safe black red wing boots from my current job would those be acceptable. I ordered the safgard boots as well. And would a standard north face backpack be ok?