ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, beanz said:

For everybody that's coming in, I'm going to make a book recommendation.

https://www.nyctrackbook.com/

It is an encyclopedia about the system. It's a train buff book so it's more about just getting acquainted with the system if you are interested or are like i was and had no knowledge about it except the price of a fare and where to transfer to the D to get home. It has a lot of info about lines, yards, the trains, etc. Mostly buff stuff and not what u need to get through schoolcar but it'll open up your mind and get your "transit brain" started.

It isn't cheap, but I just came across it and i have been looking at it all weekend and using the maps of the lines to get myself familiar with the B division key areas. 

I’m interested in purchasing this book. But does any of the information in this book contradict anything taught in school car?

1 minute ago, Djf22 said:

I’m interested in purchasing this book. But does any of the information in this book contradict anything taught in school car?

I don't think so. There's a section that talks about signals...as long as u know those aren't the definitions schoolcar wants u to learn, u should be fine. 

5 minutes ago, Djf22 said:

Ok so same signals just different definitions

The book should really be used for the line-ups only and even then consult your route guide to double check. Definitions you will get from your schoolcar TSS or the books they give you. This book is "unofficial", but it's fantastic way to visualize the system and where the trains go.

Edited by Jericho

13 hours ago, Djf22 said:

My suggestion..

Anything RTO related regarding signals or track you wait until they give it to you..

Now as another poster said its good for a railfans point of view but for work? No....

2 hours ago, RTOMan said:

My suggestion..

Anything RTO related regarding signals or track you wait until they give it to you..

Now as another poster said its good for a railfans point of view but for work? No....

Is there anything I need to bring with me for the first day of school car the paper they gave me said no backpacks 

Hey guys I  have question…  I gave my resignation notice to my HR department. They informed me I would be on payroll until I exhausted all my accrued leave. When they saw I was leaving for another city agency they said it’s possible my accrued leave will transfer over with me. Is that true? I work with NYC health and hospitals. I was actually hoping to stay on payroll for my health insurance. I know this one in MTA won’t kick in for 90 days.

On 4/27/2021 at 2:36 PM, Djf22 said:

Is there anything I need to bring with me for the first day of school car the paper they gave me said no backpacks 

I beleive someone posted the type of thing they are looking for yall to have...

1 hour ago, thegameksk said:

So I see a list number and a certification number on the NYC open data site. Which is the one that affects when I would possibly be called? Also do you guys think they will extend the list?

They will extend the list but dont know when