ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

1 hour ago, kev2112 said:

212-669-1357

Funny cause I call this number and put my info in and they just say “thank you for calling DCAS....” and give me a whole bunch of directives on other employment opportunities and whatnot.....I’ve used this before and never had a problem....I’ve been re certified every time so far so idk what the problem is

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My list number middle of 14xx have not been called for anything i was at Livingston a few weeks ago guy getting hired told me it’s 36 to start now and he told me he scored a 98 on his test. I scored a 92 

I received letter to go to Livingston but when I got the letter it was after the date I was supposed to go. I had called and they were suppose to reschedule me but then covid happened and haven’t heard anything since. none of the numbers I have to them seem to work they just ring and no answer

On 5/3/2021 at 4:10 PM, thegameksk said:

So I see a list number and a certification number on the NYC open data site. Which is the one that affects when I would possibly be called? Also do you guys think they will extend the list?

Your certification number is your true position on the list after they certify it. They remove people who aren't eligible to receive a list number, etc.

2 hours ago, SevenEleven said:

Your certification number is your true position on the list after they certify it. They remove people who aren't eligible to receive a list number, etc.

so the certification number is the number we should look at to see where we currently stand? I also saw it said certification requested 3/2021 what does that mean?

4 minutes ago, Ant1201 said:

so the certification number is the number we should look at to see where we currently stand? I also saw it said certification requested 3/2021 what does that mean?

Okay so your list number is how you scored out of EVERYONE on the whole list.  

each time there is a certification, more people are being hired.  The reason that number keeps going down is because as people get eliminated or make it to school car, they certify and remove their name and number from the list.  

The date requested is the date that the AGENCY (mta ) requested the list to be certified to selected from the eligible list of CERTIFIED applicants .  Just because a certification expires does not mean that you’ll be eliminated....it just means they will be re certifying again after they’ve processed who they’ve needed thus far . 

number of vacancies is a ROUNDABOUT of how many people they need for that specific certification and position by the certification expiration date

3 hours ago, STtoMTA said:

Okay so your list number is how you scored out of EVERYONE on the whole list.  

each time there is a certification, more people are being hired.  The reason that number keeps going down is because as people get eliminated or make it to school car, they certify and remove their name and number from the list.  

The date requested is the date that the AGENCY (mta ) requested the list to be certified to selected from the eligible list of CERTIFIED applicants .  Just because a certification expires does not mean that you’ll be eliminated....it just means they will be re certifying again after they’ve processed who they’ve needed thus far . 

number of vacancies is a ROUNDABOUT of how many people they need for that specific certification and position by the certification expiration date

thanks for the info

Anyone know the number for 180 Livingston? I need to call about the transfer of my annual time over from another city agency. NYC H+H is giving me a headache, they can’t tell me whether I am being paid a lump sum or if I am going to be paid no weekly since I’m going to transit. I need to call MTA for clarification. Anyone have the number? I can get through to mrs Vargas which is the only number I have.

On 5/10/2021 at 2:12 PM, Omi said:

My list number middle of 14xx have not been called for anything i was at Livingston a few weeks ago guy getting hired told me it’s 36 to start now and he told me he scored a 98 on his test. I scored a 92 

I scored a 95 and my list number was 3xx. I was hired 2 years ago

11 hours ago, fg8297 said:

I scored a 95 and my list number was 3xx. I was hired 2 years ago

Well maybe he lied about his test score not sure .. June 2019 I started the process for train operator was emailed  for the first drug test was told would get a email for medical within 90 days but never received that email..congratulations to you tho

my list # 14xx

On 4/27/2021 at 12:31 PM, RTOMan said:

My suggestion..

Anything RTO related regarding signals or track you wait until they give it to you..

Now as another poster said its good for a railfans point of view but for work? No....

As a former Schoolcar Instructor,

What @RTOMan says.

Don't worry about learning the system until you start down here. 

3 minutes ago, mediccjh said:

As a former Schoolcar Instructor,

What @RTOMan says.

Don't worry about learning the system until you start down here. 

I wish schoolcar would come up with better guides for the routes and lines in addition to the induction guide and equipment guide presently given to us. The schematic is very technical and difficult to understand until after a few road days. If the schematic was at least better illustrated to show which lines came through which areas that each page is shown, there would be no need for outside sources. They also stopped giving out the route guide but even so, the route guide doesn't help when u are rerouted down a different line. 

This book we are referring to has helped me tremendously in understanding the key hubs and connections and potential reroutes and things of that nature. The B is a beast and going down each individual line using the book and taking notes has opened up my eyes and made it seem a lot simpler.

5 hours ago, beanz said:

I wish schoolcar would come up with better guides for the routes and lines in addition to the induction guide and equipment guide presently given to us. The schematic is very technical and difficult to understand until after a few road days. If the schematic was at least better illustrated to show which lines came through which areas that each page is shown, there would be no need for outside sources. They also stopped giving out the route guide but even so, the route guide doesn't help when u are rerouted down a different line. 

This book we are referring to has helped me tremendously in understanding the key hubs and connections and potential reroutes and things of that nature. The B is a beast and going down each individual line using the book and taking notes has opened up my eyes and made it seem a lot simpler.

Sometimes you gotta put the extra work in and don't wait for it..

You'd be surprised at how man points of no return signs with the signal aspects are out there in places..

On your day off go and find them, put the work it it only makes you better..

Thats what me and my classmates did and  we compared notes we was one of the first open competitive classes.

Nineteen years down here it will be twenty this October i think most of us are doing alright..

Ask questions if possible or when you start the tour of terminals ask for route guides.

33 minutes ago, RTOMan said:

Sometimes you gotta put the extra work in and don't wait for it..

You'd be surprised at how man points of no return signs with the signal aspects are out there in places..

On your day off go and find them, put the work it it only makes you better..

Thats what me and my classmates did and  we compared notes we was one of the first open competitive classes.

Nineteen years down here it will be twenty this October i think most of us are doing alright..

Ask questions if possible or when you start the tour of terminals ask for route guides.

For sure, but any little bit helps. I feel like I'm way more comfortable with lines with the additional material than i would be if i just waited to take notes while i road post. I still pay attention when i take the train and my classmates and i are good about grabbing route guides when we go to terminals. But there are things u won't see on route guides or while taking the train or looking at those points of no return signs on the platform, like places where they can turn u, reroute possibilities, spur tracks and places to take u out of the way. I brought my notes with me on Friday and was able to ask more in depth questions to my TSS. 

I hear what u guys are saying though, wouldn't want anyone coming in thinking they know it all before even charging a train. I personally just feel like every little bit i can get my hands on will help make me a better TO.

8 hours ago, beanz said:

For sure, but any little bit helps. I feel like I'm way more comfortable with lines with the additional material than i would be if i just waited to take notes while i road post. I still pay attention when i take the train and my classmates and i are good about grabbing route guides when we go to terminals. But there are things u won't see on route guides or while taking the train or looking at those points of no return signs on the platform, like places where they can turn u, reroute possibilities, spur tracks and places to take u out of the way. I brought my notes with me on Friday and was able to ask more in depth questions to my TSS. 

I hear what u guys are saying though, wouldn't want anyone coming in thinking they know it all before even charging a train. I personally just feel like every little bit i can get my hands on will help make me a better TO.

You have the right attitude you'll be alright!

12 minutes ago, STtoMTA said:

Good answer 😏. But does it seem like There’s a lot of open work in the B over there?

Decent amount in the A and B, but even then it also comes down to how many schoolcar instructors are available. Due to the pandemic, they cut several TSS' from schoolcar and they went on the road. Now that they're hiring again, there's not enough TSS' to cover classes (and with 5 students per class at that) as many who were forced out find that they prefer to be on the road.

17 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Decent amount in the A and B, but even then it also comes down to how many schoolcar instructors are available. Due to the pandemic, they cut several TSS' from schoolcar and they went on the road. Now that they're hiring again, there's not enough TSS' to cover classes (and with 5 students per class at that) as many who were forced out find that they prefer to be on the road.

They hired at least one new TSS that i know of. Next TO class will be 40 people, 8 per class. 

Edited by beanz