ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

5 minutes ago, STtoMTA said:

You’re sure? They need to up these numbers 😂

Slowly working their way up i imagine. If there aren't many quarantines with the may induction class I would think the next one would have more people, but that remains to be seen.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, beanz said:

Slowly working their way up i imagine. If there aren't many quarantines with the may induction class I would think the next one would have more people, but that remains to be seen.

Well all the TOS I’ve spoken to and a buddy of mine down there w you guys all say this year or next for me so I’ll be waiting 

Just now, beanz said:

Yes..ran into a couple of schoolcar TSSs i know from my last time and asked them. 40 operators, 8 per class is what they told me.

That’s great , so this is for @beanz, @RTOMan, and whoever else has experience....would you say that the B division most senior line is the M ? , A division most desirable is like an am 2 job that’s a 2 tripper? I have a little inside knowledge and view of the workbook so I know the terminology .

also, what are YOUR opinions of people most desirable shift....like do a lot of people want midnights and pms etc

Just now, STtoMTA said:

That’s great , so this is for @beanz, @RTOMan, and whoever else has experience....would you say that the B division most senior line is the M ? , A division most desirable is like an am 2 job that’s a 2 tripper? I have a little inside knowledge and view of the workbook so I know the terminology .

also, what are YOUR opinions of people most desirable shift....like do a lot of people want midnights and pms etc

From my time in the A, the 2, 4 and 5 all seemed equally coveted by seniors, especially am tours.

Can't speak for the B division just yet. 

As for shifts it seems to me AMs are most desired with PMs not too far behind. If we got a night differential on par with other agencies(10%) then PMs and Midnights might be the most wanted. 

28 minutes ago, beanz said:

From my time in the A, the 2, 4 and 5 all seemed equally coveted by seniors, especially am tours.

As for shifts it seems to me AMs are most desired with PMs not too far behind. If we got a night differential on par with other agencies(10%) then PMs and Midnights might be the most wanted. 

So no one wants midnights?  BET...what is night diff now $2 an hour?

Edited by STtoMTA

On 5/14/2021 at 8:50 AM, Omi said:

Well maybe he lied about his test score not sure .. June 2019 I started the process for train operator was emailed  for the first drug test was told would get a email for medical within 90 days but never received that email..congratulations to you tho

my list # 14xx

And you never heard back? That's strange. You sure the email didnt go to spam? Did you do all the paperwork? I kept deferring thats why  i had a low number and was hired in 2019. My schoolcar started July 2019 but the process began in May.

1 hour ago, STtoMTA said:

Well, I'm hitting 2 years in shortly. Though I'm not sure where exactly it stands, the M is definitely not the most senior line in the B. The J and the B (especially the latter) are more senior. Getting the B five days a week can take years because it means you have weekends and holidays off automatically built in.

A lot of people prefer pm's down here, I'm finding. They say it gives them more time to do things before going to work and lets them sleep in.

7 hours ago, beanz said:

So there is a pay differential for pms and midnights? What is it?

6 hours ago, MarkGuy said:

Well, I'm hitting 2 years in shortly. Though I'm not sure where exactly it stands, the M is definitely not the most senior line in the B. The J and the B (especially the latter) are more senior. Getting the B five days a week can take years because it means you have weekends and holidays off automatically built in.

A lot of people prefer pm's down here, I'm finding. They say it gives them more time to do things before going to work and lets them sleep in.

That’s better for me because I’m an AM and a midnight guy .  I thought the b is a monster and it’s like the dreaded 2 in the A 

11 hours ago, STtoMTA said:

As another Poster said the Bravo and Jerry are the most senior lines mostly RDO relief scraps left from F/S or S/M picked days off..

The  Mikey is rookie central now especially out of CTL....

Im a PM guy I like PMs...

AMs still is the most senior Tour in the B Div though...

3 hours ago, STtoMTA said:

That’s better for me because I’m an AM and a midnight guy .  I thought the b is a monster and it’s like the dreaded 2 in the A 

Noooo the Apple and the Fox(which im on) are the Monsters over here in the B Div you earn your pay..

The Bravo is gravy it gets suspended if the railroad goes to chit, just like the Wiskey...

4 hours ago, STtoMTA said:

The B a monster? Ha! It's nowhere near as long as the A. That run goes quick as hell. Especially after Prospect Park. Easy day whenever I get the B.

I am an AM guy as well. Not a fan of pm's. 

2 hours ago, MarkGuy said:

The B a monster? Ha! It's nowhere near as long as the A. That run goes quick as hell. Especially after Prospect Park. Easy day whenever I get the B.

I am an AM guy as well. Not a fan of pm's. 

I’m a BO now, always like midnights or ams. .....so XXL gets a lot of A ?

On 5/16/2021 at 10:16 PM, fg8297 said:

And you never heard back? That's strange. You sure the email didnt go to spam? Did you do all the paperwork? I kept deferring thats why  i had a low number and was hired in 2019. My schoolcar started July 2019 but the process began in May.

On 5/16/2021 at 10:16 PM, fg8297 said:

Hey fg8297, I just got the email for medical, to go in on 5/19/21.  Vargas said they have a class on 5/31/21.  I gotta defer, and won't be reinstating my name on the list til 2022.  I asked Ms. Vargas to speak to someone about deferring, she was nice enough to give me a call and let me know a few things about deferring, but I haven't heard back from her on a few things (I know she's super busy so I understand).  2 questions for you, if you can please enlighten me: 

1.  What do I have to do to "officially" defer?  I emailed her, but Idk if that's all I gotta do.  I don't want to outright decline, just looking to defer til 2022.

2. How do I get my name reinstated on the list in 2022?  Like...do I email Ms. Vargas? DCAS? both?  and if DCAS...how did you contact them? email, or in person?  And if email, what email address, and what exactly do I say?

to be clear, Ms. Vargas was tremendously helpful.  I just would like to hear from your personal experience since you actually deferred multiple times and still got hired.  it would be really helpful to know how exactly you did it. 

p.s. Hope my deferring helps one of you guys out lol.  1 more spot open for those ready to commit to the job.

Heads Up for all you TO hopefuls:

May 31, 2021 class confirmed.  No idea if they are hiring more classes beyond that.  My list number is low 14xx.  so...we can say that for sure they are now up to low 14xxs for the medical as of May 2021.

also can confirm you will need to do multiple Preemployment (P/E) visits before you get a call for medical.  I did my 3rd P/E before I got my email for the medical.  did my 3rd P/E 4/19/21, got my medical email 5/14/21, and medical was gonna be scheduled for 5/19/21 (5 days notice).  

On 6/5/2019 at 7:20 PM, beanz said:

Yea i was deferring anyway.. I'm not mad at all I'm just saying I wish I knew about the surgeon letter because that's gonna have to be tough to find

Hey Beanz,  I'm choosing to defer.  Are we supposed to defer AFTER going to medical, or before?  Also, how did you get your name reinstated on the list after deferring?

3 minutes ago, TrainBrain said:

Hey Beanz,  I'm choosing to defer.  Are we supposed to defer AFTER going to medical, or before?  Also, how did you get your name reinstated on the list after deferring?

I believe u can defer before or after but I'm not sure because I never did. U would have to call the number on the email u got.

I reinstated my name by calling and emailing dcas.

1 minute ago, beanz said:

I believe u can defer before or after but I'm not sure because I never did. U would have to call the number on the email u got.

14 minutes ago, beanz said:

gotcha, thanks!  Been going thru the forum starting 2 weeks ago since page 1.  you posted a lot of good info, thanks for everything you shared! (and congrats on getting the job).

just curious, after you reinstated, do you remember how long was it from the time you called/emailed DCAS to the time you got called for another P/E and then medical to go for the next T/O class?  I know hiring is based on the needs of the MTA, but it would be helpful to know.

Reason: Exam List 7604 is scheduled to expire Sept 19, 2022 (4 yrs from when it was established), unless they extend it.  I know they hire by quarters.  I'm just trying to hold off reinstating as long as possible, but not cutting it too close to the list expiration date just in case they don't extend it.   

13 minutes ago, beanz said:

I would imagine a lot of people would defer starting after these initial numbers like  up to 1500 cause you guys were already in for medical.  We’re running a long as* time on this list almost 5 years .  So many people pass away, move, defer, have new better jobs , etc...anyway I’ll keep this short about hiring cause it’s really the wrong thread.

Just wanted some experienced people advice and input.  @RTOMan, I look up to you and hope I can say I’ve been on as long as you have one day.  Thanks for always giving sound advice and answering real life questions.  It’s nice to hear them from a real person down there instead of speculating

1 hour ago, STtoMTA said:

Just wanted some experienced people advice and input.  @RTOMan, I look up to you and hope I can say I’ve been on as long as you have one day.  Thanks for always giving sound advice and answering real life questions.  It’s nice to hear them from a real person down there instead of speculating

Hey thank you if i can help ill help..

Y'all are lucky when we started way back in 2001 we didn't have these types of platforms to help us we had to learn a lot on our own..

Maybe you'll be over here in the Beast Div....