ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

Just now, 325trainoperator said:

Just to give you guys an idea on the job so far, I started in the summer of 2018 ( list number 3xx) Been in the A division since I start, and after almost 3 years I was finally able to pick. Me personally, I didn’t mind being XX. You make money from being on board, especially at being at the top of the XX list. People are retiring but not fast enough. One of the benefits of having a picked job now is that I will barely have to deal with screw office now. Good luck to all the future new hires.

What did you pick? Or what picked u? If u don't mind my asking 

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, 325trainoperator said:

Just to give you guys an idea on the job so far, I started in the summer of 2018 ( list number 3xx) Been in the A division since I start, and after almost 3 years I was finally able to pick. Me personally, I didn’t mind being XX. You make money from being on board, especially at being at the top of the XX list. People are retiring but not fast enough. One of the benefits of having a picked job now is that I will barely have to deal with screw office now. Good luck to all the future new hires.

What shift on XX DID you pick then

On 5/21/2021 at 9:08 PM, fg8297 said:

If I remember, when I was called if I didnt want to accept, they was a way to defer. I dont remember how but i think I was able to defer by phone or online. Your allowed 2 or 3 deferments. I was taken off the list to be called and to get back on I had to go to the DCAS office. That was easy. I had to write a 2 sentence letter there to request to be put back on the list. I was called right away. The DCAS office is behind City Hall at the foot of the Brooklyn Bridge

I just recently got hired for Track Worker but i am also on the Train operator list upper 14xx i was told if i do the train operator training and don’t pass the class i would not be able to go back to my track worker position because i did not past one year probation? Anyone have any information? I’m thinking I should defer until i get that one year under my belt i would hate to lose both jobs if I did not pass Train Operator class. Any suggestions are welcome

5 minutes ago, Omi said:

*snip*

If I were you, I would defer. At the very least if being a train operator turns out to not be your cup of tea either, then at least you have something to fall back on. Also, if you were to have incidents that would normally terminate your title as T/O, you can have a better chance to fight to be returned to your track worker title.

Edit: I had a classmate who was a bus operator that failed schoolcar, because he couldn't juggle family life and studying. He was not allowed to return to buses, because he was on probation at the time.

Edited by Jericho
Added info.

8 minutes ago, Omi said:

I just recently got hired for Track Worker but i am also on the Train operator list upper 14xx i was told if i do the train operator training and don’t pass the class i would not be able to go back to my track worker position because i did not past one year probation? Anyone have any information? I’m thinking I should defer until i get that one year under my belt i would hate to lose both jobs if I did not pass Train Operator class. Any suggestions are welcome

Yeah I would wait until you have a year as track worker because if something ends up happening you won't have something to fall back to.

6 hours ago, Omi said:

That is correct. Complete your 1 year probationary period as a Track Worker first.  Should you not make it thru schoolcar or have an incident as a T/O they can send you back to your previous title. Otherwise you'll be terminated from TA. I would defer.

All I kept hearing from different TSS' and the union during the first week is how short they are and how glad they are that they are hiring more Train Operators. The 5/31 induction class seemed to be the first somewhat big class they had seen in a while. So some of you should be getting called soon I hope.

5 minutes ago, Brytstar said:

All I kept hearing from different TSS' and the union during the first week is how short they are and how glad they are that they are hiring more Train Operators. The 5/31 induction class seemed to be the first somewhat big class they had seen in a while. So some of you should be getting called soon I hope.

Do u happen to know what the class breakdown is? How many A division and how many B?

49 minutes ago, beanz said:

Do u happen to know what the class breakdown is? How many A division and how many B?

They gave us the option to choose. They had 16 A division openings and 24 in the B division. For the most part everyone got what they wanted. Our class mostly wanted B division. 

1 hour ago, Brytstar said:

They gave us the option to choose. They had 16 A division openings and 24 in the B division. For the most part everyone got what they wanted. Our class mostly wanted B division. 

This is great news. How short are they tho 😏

7 minutes ago, STtoMTA said:

This is great news. How short are they tho 😏

To give u an idea...I'm yard posting right now and there are 3 train operators here for 4 jobs. 2 of them are staying to do overtime to cover the empty pm jobs. 

They are very short.