ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/5/2021 at 10:07 AM, Brytstar said:

They gave us the option to choose. They had 16 A division openings and 24 in the B division. For the most part everyone got what they wanted. Our class mostly wanted B division. 

Hey brytstar, thanks for the updates. How big are the class sizes that they broke your class into?

On 6/5/2021 at 11:34 AM, STtoMTA said:

This is great news. How short are they tho 😏

I did an extra trip this morning. One of the dispatchers said there were 80+ open train operator jobs in the B division for the day. 

1 hour ago, Jericho said:

I did an extra trip this morning. One of the dispatchers said there were 80+ open train operator jobs in the B division for the day. 

This is how it's going to be until they change something.   This is bold but I think the local and the TA need to come together and revise the work program and pick process contractually. 

Something has to give.   

They have employees, their issue is employee availability.   Post pandemic they're working the people they have to the ground and the rest are retiring.  They can't motivate anyone to actually come to work, especially on weekends.   If you look at their XX rosters it just keeps growing in both divisions and titles. 

9 hours ago, Jericho said:

Thank you so much for this. This is a good idea that it’s not just 10 people they need

7 hours ago, Late Clear said:

This is how it's going to be until they change something.   This is bold but I think the local and the TA need to come together and revise the work program and pick process contractually. 

Something has to give.   

They have employees, their issue is employee availability.   Post pandemic they're working the people they have to the ground and the rest are retiring.  They can't motivate anyone to actually come to work, especially on weekends.   If you look at their XX rosters it just keeps growing in both divisions and titles. 

This is informative too, but really more interesting than anything.  Changing work programs is a LOT though

7 hours ago, Late Clear said:

Something has to give.   

Also, why aren’t they just assigning runs like hold downs to extras. Like basically a VR would do but for the extras if they’re all actual operators that are out full time.  

1 hour ago, STtoMTA said:

Also, why aren’t they just assigning runs like hold downs to extras. Like basically a VR would do but for the extras if they’re all actual operators that are out full time.  

People have been trying to figure out the method to their madness for years.  One thing is for sure, whatever they're doing, doesn't work.  

On 6/8/2021 at 7:38 AM, STtoMTA said:

This would make the most sense, but you know they don’t do things with sense down here. 

For anyone placed on medical hold, who do you contact once you've been cleared by your doctor or have the paperwork needed to show that you are clear to work? I cant seem to find a phone number or email address that anyone will answer. Thank you to anyone who can assist.