ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Shifty225 said:

For anyone interested. I just rolled into 180 for my pre-employment. There's not to many people here. Covid restrictions are being heavily enforced. Let's see how this goes. 

That honestly makes me feel a bit better since I haven't been called and I'm in the 50s for cert. Maybe it's because they don't want a million people in the offices like before.

2 minutes ago, Shifty225 said:

For anyone interested. I just rolled into 180 for my pre-employment. There's not to many people here. Covid restrictions are being heavily enforced. Let's see how this goes. 

Appreciate the update...please keep em coming

58 minutes ago, RTOMan said:

You have to apply for  dual-employment...

As long as it don't interfere with your duties it wont be a issue...

NOW..

Since you'll be extra extra and at the mercy of the crew office i strongly ADVISE against it. Focus on being a TO..

Oh and don't try to not tell them either, they'll know and you'll prob get terminated..

I wasn't planning on hiding it from them at all lol.  The airport is a very flexible job where you can decide to work 20+ hours or even work 5 hours a week.  If they allow me to keep my airport job I'd definitely keep it since I know it won't interfere with this job

1 minute ago, AngelQ said:

I wasn't planning on hiding it from them at all lol.  The airport is a very flexible job where you can decide to work 20+ hours or even work 5 hours a week.  If they allow me to keep my airport job I'd definitely keep it since I know it won't interfere with this job

It has to be approved by a superintendent and to be honest, it very likely will not be approved.

Train operator is a safety sensitive title and rest is super top priority. U gonna be waking around these yards and trains so much u not gonna want to even study which u will have to. I doubt you will have energy for a part time job.

23 minutes ago, AngelQ said:

As i said you will be extra extra and its a good chance it will interfere with train operator.

Take it from someone whos been through the hopes of dual employment.

25 minutes ago, beanz said:

It has to be approved by a superintendent and to be honest, it very likely will not be approved.

Train operator is a safety sensitive title and rest is super top priority. U gonna be waking around these yards and trains so much u not gonna want to even study which u will have to. I doubt you will have energy for a part time job.

I had a picked job set days off 15 years in title PM tour and they put me through hoops and ladders...

They basically said they go by your schedule, your tour, your days off, they don't care about the other Job only the one they hired you for.

Since he will be extra extra nothing is set... So it will prob be denied.

12 minutes ago, RTOMan said:

I had a picked job set days off 15 years in title PM tour and they put me through hoops and ladders...

They basically said they go by your schedule, your tour, your days off, they don't care about the other Job only the one they hired you for.

Since he will be extra extra nothing is set... So it will prob be denied.

Thx for the info....I guess RIP to my flight benefits lol

21 minutes ago, AngelQ said:

Thx for the info....I guess RIP to my flight benefits lol

Now look at this though before you know it you'll be picking a job just keep these things in mind..

As long as it works in TAs favor they'll work with you..

13 minutes ago, JoeBro0993 said:

Ok good news guys, I got called right now for Wednesday at 7:30am, now I am excited lol. List: 14xx Cert: 5x

Question though... I took the drug test in 2019... it's saying to bring "Successful completion of a drug/alcohol laboratory examination"... I don't have that... anybody have any ideas?

If you look at the email closely the drug test in on the list of requirements for the job. When the click the link  on number 8, you will see that the drug test is not listed. It will be done at 180 Livingston

1 minute ago, kev2112 said:

If you look at the email closely the drug test in on the list of requirements for the job. When the click the link  on number 8, you will see that the drug test is not listed. It will be done at 180 Livingston

Perfect!

1 minute ago, TAI STUNNER said:

Hi!! How long does it take to get a call to come in to180 Livingston for pre employment after submitting the canvas application?

For me I submitted it on Friday when I got the email. After submission I got a call today. I read other people submitted the canvas on Sunday and they got called yesterday. So I'm guessing it really depends on different things.