Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

T/O #7604 Hiring Process

ren
Message added by SevenEleven

TRAIN OPERATOR #7604

List Status Update: 5/19/2021

Pay: Starts at $34 and increases to $36 after 231 days on the road following the completion of schoolcar.

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial P/E: (1400s); For Medical: (low 1400s)

Classes Scheduled: Unknown

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, ListNumber14xx said:

About how long after you pass your drug test do they call you to go do medical? If anyone can give me a time frame so I can plan accordingly would be appreciated. Thanks 

A week or two

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, JoeBro0993 said:

Hey guys I just got a call from MTA, I got super excited but it was only to tell me to keep an eye on my email. 🤣😂🤣😂

Cool. What’s your list number?

9 minutes ago, kev2112 said:

Cool. What’s your list number?

14xx , I already went for the drug test last week. Just waiting to get the call or email for medical.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, JoeBro0993 said:

14xx , I already went for the drug test last week. Just waiting to get the call or email for medical.

Best of luck. 16xx here. Drug tested on 6/30

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/8/2021 at 6:06 PM, TAI STUNNER said:

How soon after you took the drug test did you get that list for substance abuse? Was it an email or letter?

On 7/8/2021 at 9:16 PM, tvega961 said:

May I ask how many days you took it before you took the drug test? And how did they contact you to let you know you failed?

It took about four days after the test to get an email stating an MRO needs to discuss the results with me. That took roughly 24hrs before you make contact with a physician. 

A follow up email another three to four days providing rehab options. I have not received a disqualification letter yet which may occur in a few more days. That is purely speculative yet highly likely I may receive one. 

It bums me out because this position was so close. Though I haven’t been notified that I’ve been clipped yet, it still feels like I’ve been. 

If anyone may know of a way to get retested, Tag or even pm me I’d gladly take another shot if I have to wait another year. 

Edited by Nexdup

4 hours ago, Nexdup said:

It took about four days after the test to get an email stating an MRO needs to discuss the results with me. That took roughly 24hrs before you make contact with a physician. 

A follow up email another three to four days providing rehab options. I have not received a disqualification letter yet which may occur in a few more days. That is purely speculative yet highly likely I may receive one. 

It bums me out because this position was so close. Though I haven’t been notified that I’ve been clipped yet, it still feels like I’ve been. 

If anyone may know of a way to get retested, Tag or even pm me I’d gladly take another shot if I have to wait another year. 

What did the MRO (for those that don’t know this terminology it’s medical review officer) say?  That should have led you to believe which way their decision was leaning

On 7/7/2021 at 3:05 PM, dee-bees said:

I know I saw someone here in the low 1800's get one, and I'm in the mid-high 1800's and never got a letter, so either they stopped early on in the 1800's or they skipped me for whatever reason just to give me more anxiety about all this. haha Hopefully I'm the next round of canvassing, and really hoping to make it for classes in fall/winter, but it's hard to say with how they're scheduling these, and if they let more into classrooms now that restrictions are loosening up. 

Please let us know, personally o have a feeling they just called up to 1850 but no one quote me on that .  It would make sense because that would mean they called about 450 people .  The only problem is that the higher the number, the more likely it is you can pass everything  (medical and pre-employment) and when it comes to the class they can say it’s full.  Hopefully this won’t happen now that the COVID restrictions were lofted for class sizes 

7 hours ago, Nexdup said:

I could be wrong but I believe the reason they send u the list of rehab places is because if u complete it, they can retest you. This is what I've heard before but I could be wrong. I would call 180 Livingston and ask. Beg if u have to.

8 hours ago, beanz said:

I could be wrong but I believe the reason they send u the list of rehab places is because if u complete it, they can retest you. This is what I've heard before but I could be wrong. I would call 180 Livingston and ask. Beg if u have to.

Please stop giving this person false hope. They will have you go through a process but you will never be hired to drive trains. Begging will not help. I'm sorry you're in this position but move on with your life. One door closes, another opens. 

1 minute ago, Harlem said:

Please stop giving this person false hope. They will have you go through a process but you will never be hired to drive trains. Begging will not help. I'm sorry you're in this position but move on with your life. One door closes, another opens. 

Idk i don't think it's false hope, i really feel like I heard that before. The least he/she can do is ask and find out. If they say no then it's no but I'm not intentionally giving him/her false hope. 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, beanz said:

Idk i don't think it's false hope, i really feel like I heard that before. The least he/she can do is ask and find out. If they say no then it's no but I'm not intentionally giving him/her false hope. 

I hear you but why would they hire someone to drive a train carrying hundreds of people when that person has failed a drug test? It opens up a door to so many lawsuits. Encourage this person to read through the forums and find the answer there. It's already been categorically answered by others who went through the exact same thing. Failing a drug test for a safety-sensitive position prior to employment ensures you will never get the job. Life is unfair sometimes. 

Edited by Harlem
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Harlem said:

I hear you but why would they hire someone to drive a train carrying hundreds of people when that person has failed a drug test? It opens up a door to so many lawsuits. Encourage this person to read through the forums and find the answer there. It's already been categorically answered by others who went through the exact same thing. Failing a drug test for a safety-sensitive position prior to employment ensures you will never get the job. Life is unfair sometimes. 

Everything u say is true but it doesn't hurt to ask that's all I'm saying. 

16 hours ago, beanz said:

Everything u say is true but it doesn't hurt to ask that's all I'm saying. 

The MTA dose not work that way...

They are all about numbers, and I doubt anyone is going to put their name on anything letting this go through..

If you aren't part of the job yet I don't see them putting any effort into them other than what the poster said...

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, JoeBro0993 said:

Good Morning Ladies and Gents. I hope everyone is having a great day so far. Anybody have any updates on the process?

Drug tested back on 6/30…nothing yet 16xx

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, JoeBro0993 said:

Good Morning Ladies and Gents. I hope everyone is having a great day so far. Anybody have any updates on the process?

Still waiting, checking my email every hour. Lol

15XX

• LMAO! 1

1 hour ago, JoeBro0993 said:

Drug test on 6/29....still waiting too.  No updates on my end yet.  I figure it's gonna take a little longer (than normal) to get the call for the medical because of the way MTA staggered everyone in the for the P/E.  This statement is just my opinion and shouldn't be taken as gospel.  16xx

6 minutes ago, Shifty225 said:

Drug test on 6/29....still waiting too.  No updates on my end yet.  I figure it's gonna take a little longer (than normal) to get the call for the medical because of the way MTA staggered everyone in the for the P/E.  This statement is just my opinion and shouldn't be taken as gospel.  16xx

Yeah I had mine done on the 1st of July. I got a call to pay attention to my email. That's it. They called me the 9th just to tell me to pay attention to my email and spam.

I've heard that the 2 month YX program is getting axed because the MTA needs more train operators. Idk if this helps but that's all the information I have as of now.

10 minutes ago, Schecter said:

I've heard that the 2 month YX program is getting axed because the MTA needs more train operators. Idk if this helps but that's all the information I have as of now.

When it comes to the MTA... nobody knows lol

39 minutes ago, Schecter said:

You should be getting kissy face emojis now

1 hour ago, Schecter said:

Where did u hear that?