ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Schecter said:

I've heard that the 2 month YX program is getting axed because the MTA needs more train operators. Idk if this helps but that's all the information I have as of now.

I heard that as well its getting crazy down here.. ABDs all over due to lack of coverage..

This is on them.. They played their hand wrong...

1 minute ago, RTOMan said:

I heard that as well its getting crazy down here.. ABDs all over due to lack of coverage..

I heard they've even gone so far as to ask retired TSSs and TOs to come back. True story.

On 7/7/2021 at 3:05 PM, dee-bees said:

I know I saw someone here in the low 1800's get one, and I'm in the mid-high 1800's and never got a letter, so either they stopped early on in the 1800's or they skipped me for whatever reason just to give me more anxiety about all this. haha Hopefully I'm the next round of canvassing, and really hoping to make it for classes in fall/winter, but it's hard to say with how they're scheduling these, and if they let more into classrooms now that restrictions are loosening up. 

how high you think he will reach?

3 hours ago, RTOMan said:

This wouldn’t even be a good idea.  YX is the experience maker. The proof in the pudding .  The sandbox so go speak.  While I am ALL for faster school car , I don’t think it would be good though because you’re putting less experienced individuals in the cab.  It’s really a 50/50

12 minutes ago, STtoMTA said:

This wouldn’t even be a good idea.  YX is the experience maker. The proof in the pudding .  The sandbox so go speak.  While I am ALL for faster school car , I don’t think it would be good though because you’re putting less experienced individuals in the cab.  It’s really a 50/50

I agree with this view. I don't think it should be 2 months but it shouldn't be cut altogether. I'd do 1 month and add 2 weeks of road posting or road ops with a tss. 

The ongoing A and the upcoming B division pick is starting later this month with the presumption that the YX program is still in place. Plus, I'm not sure Transit is willing to cut the YX program as a probie can claim they wouldn't have had an incident if the program was still in place. Transit is short on people to work all jobs. It'll still help to have people switching and doing yard moves.

1 hour ago, STtoMTA said:

On the other hand, when you finish road posting and the road practical, chances are you'll be on the road most of the time. So you may forget what you did YXing anyway. You really learn to operate a train after school car finishes when you do all the trips and stops without your trainer butting in.

50 minutes ago, Jericho said:

The ongoing A and the upcoming B division pick is starting later this month with the presumption that the YX program is still in place. Plus, I'm not sure Transit is willing to cut the YX program as a probie can claim they wouldn't have had an incident if the program was still in place. Transit is short on people to work all jobs. It'll still help to have people switching and doing yard moves.

On the other hand, when you finish road posting and the road practical, chances are you'll be on the road most of the time. So you may forget what you did YXing anyway. You really learn to operate a train after school car finishes when you do all the trips and stops without your trainer butting in.

Good viewpoint

1 hour ago, Jericho said:

The A pick has already been implemented a and the B pick finishes this week. They could still go at least through this pick without another group of YX students and decide what they want to do after this pick is over late in the year.

Nonetheless, i spoke with another schoolcar tss today that said the yx cancellation isn't set in stone just yet. Its on the table but not fully decided.

16 hours ago, beanz said:

The A pick has already been implemented a and the B pick finishes this week. They could still go at least through this pick without another group of YX students and decide what they want to do after this pick is over late in the year.

Nonetheless, i spoke with another schoolcar tss today that said the yx cancellation isn't set in stone just yet. Its on the table but not fully decided.

On the flip side it’ll get hellllllla ppl hired faster

18 hours ago, STtoMTA said:

I agree yet lets see where this goes.

They should have started with  hiring CRs first before TOs but hey I just work here I don't make decisions..

21 minutes ago, ListNumber14xx said:

Just got called for medical Friday morning. Lady on the phone told me next class is July 25th. So they're pushing to get people into that class. 

Nice, Congrats Man! When did you take the drug test?

Edited by JoeBro0993

35 minutes ago, ListNumber14xx said:

Just got called for medical Friday morning. Lady on the phone told me next class is July 25th. So they're pushing to get people into that class. 

Congrats and thank you for the info !  This helps us gauge what’s going on.  Let’s see if they hit that 1800 person on here.  Does anyone know where that is and or who ?

30 minutes ago, Ant1201 said:

congrats! what’s ur cert number?

I have no idea 😂

26 minutes ago, JoeBro0993 said:

Nice, Congrats Man! When did you take the drug test?

I took the drug test on the 9th, so not even a week and they're already calling for medical is crazy. They definitely need people. 

28 minutes ago, Kj224 said:

Congrats 👏🥳🎉

Thank you, I hope all goes well in this medical thing! 

7 minutes ago, STtoMTA said:

Congrats and thank you for the info !  This helps us gauge what’s going on.  Let’s see if they hit that 1800 person on here.  Does anyone know where that is and or who ?

No problem, I tried to ask on the day I took the drug test when the next class is, but they weren't saying. I'm glad the lady on the phone confirmed. 

9 minutes ago, STtoMTA said:

I feel like we are good to go our certification expires the 26th so we definitely will get calls not sure how far they will go though. Either way we will get some info 💯

12 minutes ago, Kj224 said:

I feel like we are good to go our certification expires the 26th so we definitely will get calls not sure how far they will go though. Either way we will get some info 💯

I took my drug test on the first and still no call, all I got was a call to keep my eye on my email and spam. Nothing else.