ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ListNumber14xx said:

I have no idea 😂

I took the drug test on the 9th, so not even a week and they're already calling for medical is crazy. They definitely need people. 

Thank you, I hope all goes well in this medical thing! 

No problem, I tried to ask on the day I took the drug test when the next class is, but they weren't saying. I'm glad the lady on the phone confirmed. 

Please keep us updated on your process 

31 minutes ago, JoeBro0993 said:

Dang man... I'm just thinking here... The expiration is the 26th... that's only about 2 weeks out. How the hell are they going to take advantage of everyone that took a drug test if the expiration is so close?

I'm telling you we will get an answer soon from what I've known the fact that they didn't give us such a long time from the time they renewed the certification they will call in a slew same thing happend to me during the B/O process they were desperate for workers. Just have hope and pray 🙏🏽 

Edited by Kj224
Wanted to add more content

Got a call from MTA they are having classes in August guys and gals. So if you don't make it in to this class you can make it into the August class. I decided to take the august class instead because I have something major coming up in my personal life.

Edited by JoeBro0993

13 minutes ago, JoeBro0993 said:

Got a call from MTA they are having classes in August guys and gals. So if you don't make it in to this class you can make it into the August class. I decided to take the august class instead because I have something major coming up in my personal life.

Thanks for the info.

Do you have a date for the medical?

21 minutes ago, JoeBro0993 said:

No I have to wait til august to get called for medical since I'm going to wait for the August class.

Damn bro, you just effed yourself seniority wise , and you were pretty cray about getting in and now you’re deferring? Ehh

53 minutes ago, JoeBro0993 said:

See what I just told you congrats man 🎉🥳👏🏾

I literally just got the call and email for canvassing for train ops. I'm list #18xx. 

One thing that worries me in the email is that it says "Submit a copy of your Driver’s License All other states must transfer license to New York and have Motor Vehicle Driving Record not older than 30 days from date of appointment. A Motor Vehicle Driving Record for states other New York and New Jersey must be submitted, the record must not be older than 30 days from the date of appointment"

I'm living in Jersey, and even then don't have a Jersey license yet because I've been waiting on an appointment to get it changed for months now since we moved back to the area (finally getting in on the 23rd). Do I have to have a NY license in order to get in, or is Jersey accepted? I thought it would be from everything I've been told beforehand, but that phrasing makes me worry. 

26 minutes ago, dee-bees said:

I literally just got the call and email for canvassing for train ops. I'm list #18xx. 

One thing that worries me in the email is that it says "Submit a copy of your Driver’s License All other states must transfer license to New York and have Motor Vehicle Driving Record not older than 30 days from date of appointment. A Motor Vehicle Driving Record for states other New York and New Jersey must be submitted, the record must not be older than 30 days from the date of appointment"

I'm living in Jersey, and even then don't have a Jersey license yet because I've been waiting on an appointment to get it changed for months now since we moved back to the area (finally getting in on the 23rd). Do I have to have a NY license in order to get in, or is Jersey accepted? I thought it would be from everything I've been told beforehand, but that phrasing makes me worry. 

I could be wrong, but you should be able to change it “by time of appointment” being that that’s what they said when they started the test.  However, I’d send your license in right now because you don’t wanna omit anything. 

Can you specify please you got a call FOR canvassing???

8 minutes ago, AngelQ said:

Hey guys just got the call and canvass email.  Im in the high 18xx.  All 16 pages of the canvass have to be completed??

Absolute congrats but hollddddd uppp you’re HIGH 18xx?.  Like over 187x?  We’re trying to keep track here or at least I have been for now….so you also got a phone call AND email at the same time…..what was said on the phone?   Thank you for your info

Just now, STtoMTA said:

I could be wrong, but you should be able to change it “by time of appointment” being that that’s what they said when they started the test.  However, I’d send your license in right now because you don’t wanna omit anything. 

Can you specify please you got a call FOR canvassing???

Thanks. Yeah I'll send what I have now, but even when I get my new license it'll be for the state of New Jersey since that's where I'm living. The way it's phrased in the email reads as though it has to be a "New York" license which I'm incapable of getting since my residence is in Jersey, but maybe I'm misreading it. 

And yeah, it was for canvassing with paperwork due by the 22nd.

1 minute ago, STtoMTA said:

Absolute congrats but hollddddd uppp you’re HIGH 18xx?.  Like over 187x?  We’re trying to keep track here or at least I have been for now….so you also got a phone call AND email at the same time…..what was said on the phone?   Thank you for your info

Yeah I'm 188x and was the machine that left me a message about me receiving and canvass email

4 minutes ago, dee-bees said:

Thanks. Yeah I'll send what I have now, but even when I get my new license it'll be for the state of New Jersey since that's where I'm living. The way it's phrased in the email reads as though it has to be a "New York" license which I'm incapable of getting since my residence is in Jersey, but maybe I'm misreading it. 

And yeah, it was for canvassing with paperwork due by the 22nd.

Okay so I just read the NOE (notice of examination). It says NY residency is not required but by the LAST DAY OF THE APPLICATION PERIOD for the exam that you must have a valid drivers license in the state of ny 

http://web.mta.info/nyct/hr/archives/pdf/7604.pdf

use this for reference

4 minutes ago, STtoMTA said:

Okay so I just read the NOE (notice of examination). It says NY residency is not required but by the LAST DAY OF THE APPLICATION PERIOD for the exam that you must have a valid drivers license in the state of ny 

http://web.mta.info/nyct/hr/archives/pdf/7604.pdf

use this for reference

Thanks. I had asked about that back when I took the test and they had told me that the wording meant that it had to be a state issued license for whatever state it's from for New York to consider it valid. And I have to imagine there's operators now with Jersey licenses. Really hoping I haven't screwed myself by settling in Jersey.

2 minutes ago, dee-bees said:

Thanks. I had asked about that back when I took the test and they had told me that the wording meant that it had to be a state issued license for whatever state it's from for New York to consider it valid. And I have to imagine there's operators now with Jersey licenses. Really hoping I haven't screwed myself by settling in Jersey.

I’m sure you’re not the only one with this issue.  Please keep us updated as you’re prob not the only person with this issue .  I say send it and hope for the best. One of the senior TOs here can give better info