ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

Thanks. I really appreciate it. I've been aiming my life for years now to get this position and now that it's in view I'm so anxious about screwing it up.

I did see this posted after a quick search in a bus exam thread on here where someone had a similar question

"2) Your driver's license must be VALID in the State of New York for a minimum of three years before you are hired!
a) If you can operate a motor vehicle with a license issued from the United States state/commonwealth of  insert name of state/commonwealth here in the state of New York for the past three years, then your license is valid in the state of New York."

I'm hoping that means I'll be fine. I'll have to turn in my paperwork with my ID now from the state we just moved from, and then re-submit it with my Jersey license and my driving transcript once I get it. Hopefully that'll be good. 

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, dee-bees said:

Thanks. I really appreciate it. I've been aiming my life for years now to get this position and now that it's in view I'm so anxious about screwing it up.

I did see this posted after a quick search in a bus exam thread on here where someone had a similar question

"2) Your driver's license must be VALID in the State of New York for a minimum of three years before you are hired!
a) If you can operate a motor vehicle with a license issued from the United States state/commonwealth of  insert name of state/commonwealth here in the state of New York for the past three years, then your license is valid in the state of New York."

I'm hoping that means I'll be fine. I'll have to turn in my paperwork with my ID now from the state we just moved from, and then re-submit it with my Jersey license and my driving transcript once I get it. Hopefully that'll be good. 

That sounds about right 

2 minutes ago, dee-bees said:

You will be a ok. Good to go 

you can drive in New York with a New Jersey license, therefore it is valid in New York.  They ask for an abstract from states other than NY. They can be ordered online

Just now, Embalmman said:

you can drive in New York with a New Jersey license, therefore it is valid in New York.  They ask for an abstract from states other than NY. They can be ordered online

Yeah I just wanted to hear it from a more senior member here but I thought so as well

7 minutes ago, Embalmman said:

Thank you so much. You have no idea how much that eases my worry. haha

Luckily the state we moved from is easy to instantly get the abstract for a couple bucks. I'll just have to turn in what I have for now and resubmit the updated ones in a few weeks. I haven't even changed my address yet with them for the test because I wanted to have it match my ID just in case this happened. I'll wait to submit that change of address until I have the new ID to turn in too. 

Thanks everyone again! This forum's been my go-to for years now for info and it's all been so helpful. 

1 minute ago, dee-bees said:

Thank you so much. You have no idea how much that eases my worry. haha

Luckily the state we moved from is easy to instantly get the abstract for a couple bucks. I'll just have to turn in what I have for now and resubmit the updated ones in a few weeks. I haven't even changed my address yet with them for the test because I wanted to have it match my ID just in case this happened. I'll wait to submit that change of address until I have the new ID to turn in too. 

Thanks everyone again! This forum's been my go-to for years now for info and it's all been so helpful. 

Just return the favor and update us on every step of your processing please 

When I went for my drug test I asked the counter specifically about the driver license, they said if the job doesn't require driving a vehicle like a bus or a company van it's not needed. T/O and Conductors don't need one. I had a guy without a license next to me and they told him he didn't need it. Sorry for the late response I was working. 

I just received the call, text, and email also it’s been so long I forgot my list number lol, I have to give my answer and all paperwork by next Thursday. How soon after turning it in do you think they will contact me to come in?? Does anyone have any idea?

8 minutes ago, Mrhands0me said:

I just received the call, text, and email also it’s been so long I forgot my list number lol, I have to give my answer and all paperwork by next Thursday. How soon after turning it in do you think they will contact me to come in?? Does anyone have any idea?

Best guess is 2-6 weeks if your list number is above 1700.  I took my drug test on the 29th and I'm still waiting for the call to take the physical.  My list number is 16xx.  Good luck to you meng.  And to us all.

Edited by Shifty225

35 minutes ago, Mrhands0me said:

Thankyou bro, my list number is 18** I have to check again, it’s been so long I was losing hope, does anyone know how long this test/list is good for? Is this the last year before they close it and then give a new test

Expires 2022 around this time .  

6 minutes ago, AngelQ said:

Hey guys what if I don't remember how many credits i got in college??  I went to 3 colleges

Put an estimate and if they ask be honest and say you dont remember I went to two colleges and put the credits I earned from both they never asked me for proof.