ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys for those who sent in their canvass email do I need to full out page 2 which has to do with the appointment?  I'm asking because I never received an appointment to come in yet so do I skip this page?  Also page 3 is the drug screening notification and asks me for the effective date which would be??

17 minutes ago, AngelQ said:

Hey guys for those who sent in their canvass email do I need to full out page 2 which has to do with the appointment?  I'm asking because I never received an appointment to come in yet so do I skip this page?  Also page 3 is the drug screening notification and asks me for the effective date which would be??

Those questions came up in the track worker thread last month and people were told you can leave them blank since there is no info for it right now. It's something they can fill in when they make the appointments later I suppose. 

1 hour ago, AngelQ said:

Send in whatever you can fill out. When you go for the appointment they’ll have a print out copy so that any information you missed you’ll fill it in. I wasn’t able to sign any dates and they printed it out and I signed everything when I went for the appointment 

Hi. I have  questions to folks who is in school car recently. What's the starting pay rate now? Are you getting just 40 hours a week during the training? How big average gross check? asking because want to figure if I can survive without overtime on training. i will appreciate your answers. you can pm me if dont want to post this info publicly. thanks.

32 minutes ago, blackzima said:

Hi. I have  questions to folks who is in school car recently. What's the starting pay rate now? Are you getting just 40 hours a week during the training? How big average gross check? asking because want to figure if I can survive without overtime on training. i will appreciate your answers. you can pm me if dont want to post this info publicly. thanks.

Honestly... I'd like to know too lol

Edited by JoeBro0993

Just now, STtoMTA said:

Generally you only get 40 hours and no OT.  Especially in the beginning.  Supposedly 36 an hour in school car bi weekly then 37.98 after 231st ROAD day  ( IN THE CAB) 

I like the sound of that, that is way more than I'm making right now even lol. I make 20.90/hr barely any OT.

7 minutes ago, blackzima said:

Whats the best way to defer process for couple months? just ignore canvas email or call them? how fast they remove your name from the list in this case? thanks.

I would send an email to Ms. Vargas, Michelle.Rivera-Vargas@nyct.com or call 1(347)643-8218

Edited by JoeBro0993

1 hour ago, STtoMTA said:

Generally you only get 40 hours and no OT.  Especially in the beginning.  Supposedly 36 an hour in school car bi weekly then 37.98 after 231st ROAD day  ( IN THE CAB) 

School Car pay is 40 hours a week.

Hey everyone

I received my first canvass email on 6/25 and submitted it on 6/28

Cert# 21x

List # 16xx

Got the call/email on 7/7 to come in for drug testing on 7/12

Got a call today 7/15 saying they have vacancies for T/O and if I’m interested, to keep an eye on my email in the upcoming weeks for communication to begin the preemployment process 

I’m excited to get this process moving after all this time!

3 minutes ago, ChangeTheCode said:

Hey everyone

Cert# 21x

List # 16xx

Got a call today 7/15 saying they have vacancies for T/O and if I’m interested, to keep an eye on my email in the upcoming weeks for communication to begin the preemployment process 

List #16xx went for drug testing on 7/2 still haven’t received any call or email. Definitely excited to read all these updates hopefully we get on by Aug. 

7 minutes ago, Fiye said:

Anyone know how much Is max pay for a TO and how often do u get a raise? 

Max pay is $39.81 an hour the current contract expires next year in May, so the pay might go up. Raises are each year and after 231 days until you reach max pay.

10 minutes ago, ChangeTheCode said:

Hey everyone

Cert# 21x

List # 16xx

Congratulations you should be coming in proud of ya

4 hours ago, ChangeTheCode said:

Hey everyone

Cert# 21x

List # 16xx

Best of luck to you.  Your message gives me hope. 

16xx 

cert 27x

Canvassed 6/25, sent back 6/25, drug tested 6/30… nothing further…hoping for a call soon. 

5 hours ago, Fiye said:

List #16xx went for drug testing on 7/2 still haven’t received any call or email. Definitely excited to read all these updates hopefully we get on by Aug. 

I think there is a good chance we get on by Aug

1 hour ago, kev2112 said:

Best of luck to you.  Your message gives me hope. 

16xx 

cert 27x

Canvassed 6/25, sent back 6/25, drug tested 6/30… nothing further…hoping for a call soon. 

I’m assuming that canvass emails were sent back out of order and now they are calling back in list number order. It’s coming soon!

5 hours ago, Schecter said:

Congratulations you should be coming in proud of ya

Thanks! Can’t wait to be apart of the T/O family