ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, rondread445 said:

List number 15XX 

10 minutes ago, rondread445 said:

This is word for word what the email says, 

"You have successfully completed the first phase of the pre-employment process for a Train Operator position. Accordingly, please accept this letter as a conditional offer of employment subject to successful completion of a medical evaluation. Upon successful completion of the medical evaluation, consistent with applicable laws, any criminal conviction(s) record will be reviewed. If you are still interested in this position, please return to our facility at 180 Livingston Street (between Smith and Hoyt Streets), 5th floor, Brooklyn, New York on Tuesday, July 20, 2021 at 6:30 AM to complete the final phase of the process.

You are being considered for the July 26, 2021 class."

Alright so still show up Tuesday try sending everything tomorrow so that Tuesday when you go in they have it on file and make copies so you can have for your own records and just in case they for some reason can't find it. It's better to be over prepared than to be under prepared.

11 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Alright so still show up Tuesday try sending everything tomorrow so that Tuesday when you go in they have it on file and make copies so you can have for your own records and just in case they for some reason can't find it. It's better to be over prepared than to be under prepared.

Wait I might have confused you and others. Mrs Vargas wants me to fill it out, print, and bring the forms with me. Nothing to respond to via email. I apologize for the confusion. There's also 2 online questioners to fill out for health. 

Edited by rondread445

On 7/18/2021 at 6:08 PM, rondread445 said:

Wait I might have confused you and others. Mrs Vargas wants me to fill it out, print, and bring the forms with me. Nothing to respond to via email. I apologize for the confusion. 

Don't be sorry it's okay we aren't perfect. Okay good then do that if you want make copies for yourself as well, or take pictures. Completely up to you and I wish you the best of luck you got this 😁🙃

1 minute ago, Schecter said:

Don't be sorry it's okay we aren't perfect. Okay good then do that if you want make copies for yourself as well, or take pictures. Completely up to you and I wish you the best of luck you got this 😁🙃

Thank you, and same to all future TO's. Kind of nervous but hopeful. 

1 hour ago, STtoMTA said:

What do they ask about health

Questions like, "Do you have any medical conditions (asthma, depression, high blood pressure, diabetes etc). Are you taking any prescription meds? Simple yes or no questions. 

Edited by rondread445

9 minutes ago, ListNumber14xx said:

Has anyone who recently got into the July 26th class been able to order their shoes? I've been trying all weekend and it keeps saying my MTA information is incorrect. Your employee ID is your BSC number on the induction papers right? 

What does the back of the green paper say 

14 minutes ago, ListNumber14xx said:

Has anyone who recently got into the July 26th class been able to order their shoes? I've been trying all weekend and it keeps saying my MTA information is incorrect. Your employee ID is your BSC number on the induction papers right? 

I've read someone coming in for the 7/26 conductor class also having problems requesting her pair of shoes so it may not have been updated yet. Just keep trying. In the end, Schoolcar can't fault you when it's on the HR side.

Edited by Jericho

1 hour ago, Jericho said:

I've read someone coming in for the 7/26 conductor class also having problems requesting her pair of shoes so it may not have been updated yet. Just keep trying. In the end, Schoolcar can't fault you when it's on the HR side.

Yea I'm guessing my paperwork doesn't process over the weekend so maybe it hits the system Monday morning. Then I'll be able to order. If it's still not working by 12 or 1 pm tomorrow I'll give em a call. 

Filled out, scanned in, and emailed my canvassing paperwork just now. Anxious as hell that I messed it up, or something will get screwed up when I get my new id next week, but hopefully that's just me overanalyzing. It'd be awesome to get as quick a response as the last round of guys but probably not. We'll see. 

25 minutes ago, Fiye said:

Hey guys as far as moving violations should they be disclosed if it was over 8 years ago and is no longer on a Dmv abstract? 

I don't recall what it said on the form, but it wouldn't hurt to put it down that it was resolved. In the end, what Transit cares about is that you don't have outstanding summons you have to pay back.

For y'all reading this, if you are coming in and have outstanding tickets, pay them off ASAP.

10 minutes ago, dee-bees said:

Filled out, scanned in, and emailed my canvassing paperwork just now. Anxious as hell that I messed it up, or something will get screwed up when I get my new id next week, but hopefully that's just me overanalyzing. It'd be awesome to get as quick a response as the last round of guys but probably not. We'll see. 

Usually they'll double check and if there is something wrong, they'll get back to you about it.

Word to the Wise...

If anyone is taking ANY KIND of medication you better say YES on that questionnaire.

That Pee test will tell all, then next thing you know you are on medical hold...

Might as well get it out of the way come prepared with Doctor's Notes saying whatever condition the medication is for is under Control..

Oh and not to be a debbie downer yet im gonna say it because y'all need to be informed..

Once a condition(diabetes, blood pressure, sleep apnea hearing or eyes) is noticed and they are aware of, it be ready for the rest of your time down here to show them every six months that condition is under control..

Im a type 2 diabetic and every six months I got to show them paperwork from my doctor stating that my A1C is good...

Anything over 8.9 will get you restricted and being extra extra and medically restricted is no joke down here they can change your tours and days off just like that.. *Snaps Finger..

Take care of your bodies please people...

47 minutes ago, Jericho said:

I don't recall what it said on the form, but it wouldn't hurt to put it down that it was resolved. In the end, what Transit cares about is that you don't have outstanding summons you have to pay back.

For y'all reading this, if you are coming in and have outstanding tickets, pay them off ASAP.

Usually they'll double check and if there is something wrong, they'll get back to you about it.

What if they are tickets that are being fought in court? Just remembered I got a Lawyer fighting one for me. Plus. MTA Train Operator is not a Driving Job, I asked the front desk if they needed a driving abstract or records of driving and they said no because you won't be driving any company vans or busses.

Edited by JoeBro0993

4 minutes ago, JoeBro0993 said:

What if they are tickets that are being fought in court? Just remembered I got a Lawyer fighting one for me. Plus. MTA Train Operator is not a Driving Job, I asked the front desk if they needed a driving abstract or records of driving and they said no because you won't me driving any company vans or busses.

It must be resolved before you are hired and present the papers to Transit that it's closed.

There's a running joke that Transit cares more about your parking tickets than your criminal record.

Edited by Jericho

2 minutes ago, Jericho said:

It must be resolved before you are hired and present the papers to Transit that it's closed.

But if I pay it off I'll get points on my license, I'll be guilty. And as I stated before. The front desk said you don't need a driver abstract as a T/O. I'm pretty confused rn.

Edited by JoeBro0993