ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

18 minutes ago, Jchambers2120 said:

I've heard that you can push your start date back, but I'm not too sure if it's true and how it works. I did my pre employment already for Conductor and was told I was going to start on the June 4th class, but I won't be able to start on that date due to school obligations so I'm hoping I can push it to July.

Would it be possible if you could find out if you could push back your start date without taking for name off the list for the both of us if y9u decide to go tomorrow? Lol.

Haha you got it man. 

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still debating. I called like a million times and everyone gave me different info, so I’m just not sure. Starting in the June class would really force me to screw my current employer and i don’t want to do that. 

1 hour ago, njbk said:

I am trying to decide if i should go for pre employment tomorrow. I obviously am dying to get on the job but starting in July would be ideal and I’m worried if i go tomorrow they will force me to start in June class. 

They will not force you to start if you go to orientation.  Orientation is only day 1 and the first step of the hiring process which is paperwork, drug test, and giving you the 21 page booklet to take home and fill out.  You still have to do day 2 at Livingston which is more paperwork the medical, returning the 21 page booklet from day 1, and taking a photo for your employee pass. It's on this day, after you pass the medical, they will offer you a class to start.  They don't force you into a class.  They work with you and will let you know what classes are available. I'm currently a Bus Operator and the process was the same when I was hired. I was at Livingston for Train Operator on May 15th.  Waiting for the email to come in for the medical. 

Edited by Ctrain24

8 minutes ago, Ctrain24 said:

They will not force you to start if you go to orientation.  Orientation is only day 1 and the first step of the hiring process which is paperwork, drug test, and giving you the 21 page booklet to take home and fill out.  You still have to do day 2 at Livingston which is more paperwork the medical, returning the 21 page booklet from day 1, and taking a photo for your employee pass. It's on this day, after you pass the medical, they will offer you a class to start.  They don't force you into a class.  They work with you and will let you know what classes are available. I'm currently a Bus Operator and the process was the same when I was hired. I was at Livingston for Train Operator on May 15th.  Waiting for the email to come in for the medical. 

This is great info, thank you. 

Do

3 hours ago, Ctrain24 said:

Does it come as an email or a phone call to come in for medical ? Also if for some reason or another they decided to not go with you as a candidate , do they still contact you or leave you hanging ? I wasn't in Thursday may 10 and heard nothing so far 

5 hours ago, Jchambers2120 said:

I've heard that you can push your start date back, but I'm not too sure if it's true and how it works. I did my pre employment already for Conductor and was told I was going to start on the June 4th class, but I won't be able to start on that date due to school obligations so I'm hoping I can push it to July.

Would it be possible if you could find out if you could push back your start date without taking for name off the list for the both of us if y9u decide to go tomorrow? Lol.

Yes. its possible. Just let them know watch the reason, and your name will still be on the list. you just may have to call To resubmit your name to the list

3 hours ago, Ctrain24 said:

Actually Orientation is 3 days. the first 3 days you will be At TWU doing orientation.. and its long and BORING. LOL But they are very Strict with paper work. EVERYTHING HAS TO MATCH AND BE ON POINT! When they called me, It was In april, but due to having to get another social Security card and My name was spelled wrong on my diploma, I didn't officially get hired till July 11 and started July 27th... they will work with you.. just make sure you have everything.. if you been arrested, have ur disposition letters too! Thats important!

Read carefully the instructions on how to complete the 21 page packet.  Everything is important, and omitting ANYTHING is the same as lying on the packet.  

The moment you went to the test site and did your three fingerprints and SSN on that test date notification paper, presume they already know everything about you.

6 hours ago, I Run Trains said:

Actually Orientation is 3 days. the first 3 days you will be At TWU doing orientation.. and its long and BORING. LOL But they are very Strict with paper work. EVERYTHING HAS TO MATCH AND BE ON POINT! When they called me, It was In april, but due to having to get another social Security card and My name was spelled wrong on my diploma, I didn't officially get hired till July 11 and started July 27th... they will work with you.. just make sure you have everything.. if you been arrested, have ur disposition letters too! Thats important!

I thought it only asks to list convictions? Arrests only applies to hiring for NYPD

2 hours ago, Physcoles said:

I thought it only asks to list convictions? Arrests only applies to hiring for NYPD

if you get arrested, you was convicted right?!?!?!? But maybe arrested was the wrong word, but if you have any convictions like i said, make sure you have them disposition letters because it may not hurt you know but if they find out you lied.... that your ass!

31 minutes ago, I Run Trains said:

if you get arrested, you was convicted right?!?!?!? But maybe arrested was the wrong word, but if you have any convictions like i said, make sure you have them disposition letters because it may not hurt you know but if they find out you lied.... that your ass!

If your arrest/convictions records are sealed I'm pretty sure you don't have to disclose them for this position.  Nypd, FDNY, court officer you do regardless of you were convicted or not

4 minutes ago, Rush1982 said:

If your arrest/convictions records are sealed I'm pretty sure you don't have to disclose them for this position.  Nypd, FDNY, court officer you do regardless of you were convicted or not

You wanna withhold that information GO AHEAD! I seen people get let go because they lied on The app! But i don't know anything.. i just been here 3 years going on 4.. what do i know!

1 minute ago, njbk said:

Getting arrested and getting convicted are totally different things. You should prob still disclose both though. 

to a certain point you are correct. pending on what you got convicted for, you are going to jail... that's neither here not there.... The way Transit operate you would have thought you was applying for NYPD!. they want to know everything... they will hire convicted felons that did time. They just want know know is the case CLOSED! They won't fire you because you was convicted of something and you showed them. They will fire you because you LIED about it!

22 minutes ago, Rush1982 said:

Whatever DCAS knows, Transit WILL KNOW.  They are willing to give you an opportunity to operate a $20mil consist carrying over 2000 passengers for 8 hours.  

If you were a parent, would you hire a babysitter that lied on their resume?

2 minutes ago, Dave2836 said:

Whatever DCAS knows, Transit WILL KNOW.  They are willing to give you an opportunity to operate a $20mil consist carrying over 2000 passengers for 8 hours.  

Pretty Much!

22 hours ago, Physcoles said:

Is it true with the new tier 6 we will be in its 30yrs of service or 60 yrs of age in order to retire? If true, that sucks

22 hours ago, RTOMan said:

Sadly Yes...

Thank the Gov for that Nonsense.. :(

22 hours ago, njbk said:

Wait what? I thought it was 25/55???

22 hours ago, blackzima said:

i got hired in dec 2016. my pension plan is tier 6 25/55 but i guess they changed that in 2017.

20 hours ago, Dave2836 said:

NYCERS Tier 6 Transit Operating Force is still 25/55

19 hours ago, apokeguy said:

According to the current fact sheet on NYCERS website it is still showing 25/55. Hopefully it remains the same.

https://www.nycers.org/sites/main/files/file-attachments/737_0.pdf

Tier 6 for TA employees is still 25/55 with the stipulation that if you get your 25 years of service before you reach age 55 (start before age 30), you won't collect until you are age 63. If you work until you are 55, then you can collect immediately. So if you work until age 55, that's 31 years of service. The regular Tier 6 pension is 30/61.

1 hour ago, Dave2836 said:

If you only have to list convictions but you received an ACD it would not be considered a conviction because it was adjourned and sealed. If they ask you to list all arrests and summonses then it's a different story.  By no means am I telling people they should lie on the application.  To be safe I will bring my dispositions with me.  Thank you all for the advice. 

48 minutes ago, SevenEleven said:

Tier 6 for TA employees is still 25/55 with the stipulation that if you get your 25 years of service before you reach age 55 (start before age 30), you won't collect until you are age 63. If you work until you are 55, then you can collect immediately. So if you work until age 55, that's 31 years of service. The regular Tier 6 pension is 30/61.

Thank you, great news.