ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/19/2021 at 2:04 PM, JoeBro0993 said:

What if they are tickets that are being fought in court? Just remembered I got a Lawyer fighting one for me. Plus. MTA Train Operator is not a Driving Job, I asked the front desk if they needed a driving abstract or records of driving and they said no because you won't be driving any company vans or busses.

Youll need to have any pending cases, moving violations, parking tickets, summons ANYTHING pending resolved before you can move forward. I had a lawyer fight a ticket for me as well because I didnt want the points. Took 3 years of postponing dates till it finally got tossed. That was early on before the list was established so i had time, even after i got the initial call to come in for pre-employment. You may not have that kind of time left till the list expires. Ive spoken to quiet a few of my colleagues who took the hit and got the points just so they could get the job. Bottom line,  dont have anything pending regardless of the position youre going for.

2 hours ago, Embalmman said:

163x / 21x here

just received an invitation to the Medical on Thursday, to be considered for the July class

thank you to all my predecessors whose contributions to this forum have helped immeasurably 

Congrats!!! 16xx here!!! I’ll be on pins and needles for the next few days!!!

10 minutes ago, Seasonal said:

congratulations to all of you getting called.
List # 21**. Is there any chance I can get in before the year end? 

You might. There will also be an august class so it’s very possible!  Let us know when you get canvassed

From the VP of the union TWU local 100:

"There is a crew shortage.....

What’s happening, is what’s been going on for over a year— attrition of current employees. As I’ve previously reported, hiring is underway. We have 70 new C/Rs & 30 T/Os starting next week, and another 70 T/Os starting in August. 

The problem is, Transit didn’t hire anybody for approximately one year, and now they’re in a hole for personnel. Normally, we’d have new classes every month, or every other month, on a consistent basis. 

Transit is playing catch up, but it’s going to take time to fill all the existing vacancies. Help is on the way, but it won’t turnaround overnight."

5 hours ago, Shifty225 said:

Would someone be able to tell me how MTA contacts you for the medical? Is it a phone call or an email? Or both? 

When I was contacted it was a last minute phone call and then they sent me an email afterwards so always answer that phone if it says nyc transit

1 hour ago, Rubygirl20 said:

Hey guys list 16xx here, I was sworn in today for the July 26th class. Was at 180 doing medical and final processing from 6:30am to 12pm. I’m so nervous But I wish you all luck and hope to see you all soon! 

16xx here too…..waiting 

7 hours ago, Rubygirl20 said:

Hey guys list 16xx here, I was sworn in today for the July 26th class. Was at 180 doing medical and final processing from 6:30am to 12pm. I’m so nervous But I wish you all luck and hope to see you all soon! 

I was sworn in today (7/21) as well for the July 26 class! I’m 16xx and there were only 3 of us that were there for T/O today. I wanted to communicate with you guys but I had paperwork on the brain lol. See you in class!

7 hours ago, Rubygirl20 said:

When I was contacted it was a last minute phone call and then they sent me an email afterwards so always answer that phone if it says nyc transit

I received a call that was last minute as well the day before from Ms. Vargas. I don’t know if she would have sent the email/medical appointment if I didn’t pick up. 

Pro tip** if you have a very hairy chest, make sure to shave a little before medical so the sensors can stick on your skin during the EKG. It can save both you and your nurse an hour.

3 minutes ago, ChangeTheCode said:

I was sworn in today (7/21) as well for the July 26 class! I’m 16xx and there were only 3 of us that were there for T/O today. I wanted to communicate with you guys but I had paperwork on the brain lol. See you in class!

I received a call that was last minute as well the day before from Ms. Vargas. I don’t know if she would have sent the email/medical appointment if I didn’t pick up. 

Pro tip** if you have a very hairy chest, make sure to shave a little before medical so the sensors can stick on your skin during the EKG. It can save both you and your nurse an hour.

I agree with the hairy chest they tried thousands of times trying to place the ekg things on my chest until they had to shave me having me looking like a man o lantern. Hairy chest gang :( damn genetics 

4 hours ago, Schecter said:

I agree with the hairy chest they tried thousands of times trying to place the ekg things on my chest until they had to shave me having me looking like a man o lantern. Hairy chest gang :( damn genetics 

Fat neck gang and hairy chest gang 🤪