ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

3 minutes ago, Kj224 said:

Dear Applicant:  This is to notify you that the following numbered items apply to you if there is an “X” next to the number.    X   1. You were considered and not selected on the Open Competitive List for a Train Operator (Yard) vacancy.  If there is an “X” next to items 2, 3, 4, or 5, you are ineligible under the rules of the City Personnel Director for further certification from the civil service list specified above for the following reasons:        X   2. You were considered and not selected for Appointment in accordance with Rule 4.7.1 (c), of the Rules and Regulations of the New York City Personnel Director.         3. You failed to reply, or you failed to report for an interview, or you failed to report for duty.         4. You declined appointment/promotion.         5. You failed to complete the required processing.   If you have been made ineligible for further certification under reason 2, such ineligibility is only for the above-named agency.  Therefore, you can be recertified to that agency only upon that agency’s request.  If you have been made ineligible for further certification under reason 3 or 4, you may be restored to the list for certification upon written request to the N.Y.C. Department of Citywide Administration Services, Certification Division, 1 Centre Street, 21st Fl., New York, NY 10007.  You must fully explain the reason for restoration in your request.   Sincerely,   Employment Operations 

It's not saying I'm disqualified but just didn't make the vacany if I'm not mistaken?

This is actually the “one in three” rule from what it seems

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Kj224 said:

I did my second drug test not too long ago on July 1st

I think this is the one in three tule where they’re allowed to take the best of 3 applicants in the same range of list number.  They do this when they want to move the list

unless you were dishonorably discharged from the military or failed the drug test

3 hours ago, STtoMTA said:

That was my next question 

Ok so here's the thing I'm still a probie but was in an accident on Mar 1st, I haven't been working since then but returning now as we speak. Only other thing I can think of was when I accidentally went AWOL when I mixed up my rdos, but I made it back by working on my actual rdo. Other than that no write ups, nothing given to me on paper. I did look up the list again and I see that there were 3 ppl including me that had the same list number mine was highest due to it having .500 so maybe that. But I'm still going to appeal regardless.

3 minutes ago, Kj224 said:

Ok so here's the thing I'm still a probie but was in an accident on Mar 1st, I haven't been working since then but returning now as we speak. Only other thing I can think of was when I accidentally went AWOL when I mixed up my rdos, but I made it back by working on my actual rdo. Other than that no write ups, nothing given to me on paper. I did look up the list again and I see that there were 3 ppl including me that had the same list number mine was highest due to it having .500 so maybe that. But I'm still going to appeal regardless.

Yeah appeal it don't let them shoot down your bright future only positive people in this forum we're rooting for you 

10 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Yeah appeal it don't let them shoot down your bright future only positive people in this forum we're rooting for you 

Thanks I definitely will, I been waiting for this opportunity. Actually wanted this over my current position but given the current climate it's still a blessing.

3 hours ago, Kj224 said:

It's a blessing in disguise. Are you a TA B/O? Finish your probation first so you can at least have the option of returning to the bus, if you go to another title in the future. Also, the list is good for the 4 years so if you can wait for another 3 years, everything on your record will fall off for consideration. You're considered a promotion so they treat it as such.

1 minute ago, SevenEleven said:

It's a blessing in disguise. Are you a TA B/O? Finish your probation first so you can at least have the option of returning to the bus, if you go to another title in the future. Also, the list is good for the 4 years so if you can wait for another 3 years, everything on your record will fall off for consideration. You're considered a promotion so they treat it as such.

Good advice for sure 

4 hours ago, SevenEleven said:

Thing is I'm OA lol I want to crossover this is why this would've been a sweet opportunity. I have years of city service from my previous job w nypd. So I don't want to waste my pension with nycers. So I'm definitely on the hunt for civil service title.