Jump to content
Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

T/O #7604 Hiring Process


ren
Message added by SevenEleven

TRAIN OPERATOR #7604

List Status Update: 5/19/2021

Pay: Starts at $34 and increases to $36 after 231 days on the road following the completion of schoolcar.

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial P/E: (1400s); For Medical: (low 1400s)

Classes Scheduled: Unknown

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Kj224 said:

 Dear Applicant:  This is to notify you that the following numbered items apply to you if there is an “X” next to the number.    X   1. You were considered and not selected on the Open Competitive List for a Train Operator (Yard) vacancy.  If there is an “X” next to items 2, 3, 4, or 5, you are ineligible under the rules of the City Personnel Director for further certification from the civil service list specified above for the following reasons:        X   2. You were considered and not selected for Appointment in accordance with Rule 4.7.1 (c), of the Rules and Regulations of the New York City Personnel Director.         3. You failed to reply, or you failed to report for an interview, or you failed to report for duty.         4. You declined appointment/promotion.         5. You failed to complete the required processing.   If you have been made ineligible for further certification under reason 2, such ineligibility is only for the above-named agency.  Therefore, you can be recertified to that agency only upon that agency’s request.  If you have been made ineligible for further certification under reason 3 or 4, you may be restored to the list for certification upon written request to the N.Y.C. Department of Citywide Administration Services, Certification Division, 1 Centre Street, 21st Fl., New York, NY 10007.  You must fully explain the reason for restoration in your request.   Sincerely,   Employment Operations 

 

It's not saying I'm disqualified but just didn't make the vacany if I'm not mistaken?

This is actually the “one in three” rule from what it seems

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Kj224 said:

I did my second drug test not too long ago on July 1st

I think this is the one in three tule where they’re allowed to take the best of 3 applicants in the same range of list number.  They do this when they want to move the list

 

unless you were dishonorably discharged from the military or failed the drug test

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, STtoMTA said:

What was your list number again

159x it's weird because, I know for sure it couldn't be the drug test. I'm already a b/o so that's out the window lol 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Kj224 said:

159x it's weird because, I know for sure it couldn't be the drug test. I'm already a b/o so that's out the window lol 

Then it’s gotta be the 1 in 3 rule 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, STtoMTA said:

Then it’s gotta be the 1 in 3 rule 

O wow so I would have to apply all over again to be reinstated or can I appeal?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Kj224 said:

O wow so I would have to apply all over again to be reinstated or can I appeal?

If you're already a B/O if you don't mind me asking how your personal record is, because they do review it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, dman1455 said:

If you're already a B/O if you don't mind me asking how your personal record is, because they do review it.

That was my next question 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, STtoMTA said:

That was my next question 

Ok so here's the thing I'm still a probie but was in an accident on Mar 1st, I haven't been working since then but returning now as we speak. Only other thing I can think of was when I accidentally went AWOL when I mixed up my rdos, but I made it back by working on my actual rdo. Other than that no write ups, nothing given to me on paper. I did look up the list again and I see that there were 3 ppl including me that had the same list number mine was highest due to it having .500 so maybe that. But I'm still going to appeal regardless.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Kj224 said:

Ok so here's the thing I'm still a probie but was in an accident on Mar 1st, I haven't been working since then but returning now as we speak. Only other thing I can think of was when I accidentally went AWOL when I mixed up my rdos, but I made it back by working on my actual rdo. Other than that no write ups, nothing given to me on paper. I did look up the list again and I see that there were 3 ppl including me that had the same list number mine was highest due to it having .500 so maybe that. But I'm still going to appeal regardless.

Yeah appeal it don't let them shoot down your bright future only positive people in this forum we're rooting for you 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Yeah appeal it don't let them shoot down your bright future only positive people in this forum we're rooting for you 

Thanks I definitely will, I been waiting for this opportunity. Actually wanted this over my current position but given the current climate it's still a blessing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kev2112 said:

Just got an email. My medical appt for tomorrow got changed to Monday

Same here appointment changed to Monday due to COVID restrictions in the building as per Vargas 

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Kj224 said:

Ok so here's the thing I'm still a probie but was in an accident on Mar 1st, I haven't been working since then but returning now as we speak. Only other thing I can think of was when I accidentally went AWOL when I mixed up my rdos, but I made it back by working on my actual rdo. Other than that no write ups, nothing given to me on paper. I did look up the list again and I see that there were 3 ppl including me that had the same list number mine was highest due to it having .500 so maybe that. But I'm still going to appeal regardless.

It's a blessing in disguise. Are you a TA B/O? Finish your probation first so you can at least have the option of returning to the bus, if you go to another title in the future. Also, the list is good for the 4 years so if you can wait for another 3 years, everything on your record will fall off for consideration. You're considered a promotion so they treat it as such.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SevenEleven said:

It's a blessing in disguise. Are you a TA B/O? Finish your probation first so you can at least have the option of returning to the bus, if you go to another title in the future. Also, the list is good for the 4 years so if you can wait for another 3 years, everything on your record will fall off for consideration. You're considered a promotion so they treat it as such.

Good advice for sure 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, SevenEleven said:

It's a blessing in disguise. Are you a TA B/O? Finish your probation first so you can at least have the option of returning to the bus, if you go to another title in the future. Also, the list is good for the 4 years so if you can wait for another 3 years, everything on your record will fall off for consideration. You're considered a promotion so they treat it as such.

Thing is I'm OA lol I want to crossover this is why this would've been a sweet opportunity. I have years of city service from my previous job w nypd. So I don't want to waste my pension with nycers. So I'm definitely on the hunt for civil service title.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.