ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

13 hours ago, Tabed1217 said:

Do

Does it come as an email or a phone call to come in for medical ? Also if for some reason or another they decided to not go with you as a candidate , do they still contact you or leave you hanging ? I wasn't in Thursday may 10 and heard nothing so far 

For the medical they will send you an email.  Make sure you check your spam folder.  Don't know what they do if you don't get selected.  I'd imagine you would get a letter in the mail explaining why you weren't chosen.  Not sure though.  

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Ctrain24 said:

For the medical they will send you an email.  Make sure you check your spam folder.  Don't know what they do if you don't get selected.  I'd imagine you would get a letter in the mail explaining why you weren't chosen.  Not sure though.  

What are the reasons they would pass over someone?

3 hours ago, njbk said:

What are the reasons they would pass over someone?

Just taking an educated guess.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

Open or pending cases, tickets and failure to resolve them.

Inconsistent documentation such as misspelled names that are never resolved.

Missing periods or inconsistent work and residential history.

Failed or "refusal" to take a drug test.

Invalid qualifications or credentials (foreign documents that are not translated into English), expired or suspended license.

You hold or held an office or public/private position that conflicts with all the agency code of ethics.

Or my favorite, though not official: you appear on the Specially Designated Nationals list. (Known terrorist)

Then on to failing the medical ASSESSMENT.

That being said, everyone knows that this position's NOE states that passing an OPA is part of the qualifications.  Now whether or not they organize the OPS is another story.

QUick question for The t/o's, what is the longest trip you can expect to be on from start to finish , meaning from the time you get in the car to the moment you are able to step out and go use a bathroom if necessary ,  

18 minutes ago, Tabed1217 said:

QUick question for The t/o's, what is the longest trip you can expect to be on from start to finish , meaning from the time you get in the car to the moment you are able to step out and go use a bathroom if necessary ,  

Correct me if me if I’m wrong 

In the A division the 2 from Wakefield to Flatbush and 

in the B division the A from 207 to Farrock 

both are close to 2 hours

Edited by thatdudenixk17

2 hours ago, thatdudenixk17 said:

Thanks very much , that's not bad at all 

Well, I got my letter in the mail today from MTA/NYCT. My anticipated list number is, what I would consider, high. I say anticipated because the letter specifically states that

the list will be established in July. My number is between #3580-#3590. Is this a bad number? 🤨

Thanks..

2 hours ago, JV620 said:

Well, I got my letter in the mail today from MTA/NYCT. My anticipated list number is, what I would consider, high. I say anticipated because the letter specifically states that

the list will be established in July. My number is between #3580-#3590. Is this a bad number? 🤨

Thanks..

Its good enough to be called..be happy and patiently wait. Forget about it and it’ll come when you least expect it.

Hi my sister received a disqualification letter saying  that she “did not indicate that you possess the required license and/or permit for this exam.”

Are drivers license from other states invalid?

Can she appeal?

Edited by Mspearls

On 5/18/2018 at 10:01 PM, thatdudenixk17 said:

i can't speak for the A division because i hate working the (2) But the running time is 1 hour and 30 minutes on paper. could be off a lil.. but it took me 2 1/2 hours one time... smh

14 minutes ago, Mtahopeful121986 said:

Congrats to everyone receiving list numbers. Just a question, I see a ton of ppl saying they received there score and that the list will be established june or july. Has everyone received their score? I haven't heard anything or received anything regard my score or list status? 

Jus got mine today..score and list number. Maybe you’ll get yours tomorrow..I’m sure it depends on where u live. I’ve heard people got disqualification letters as well.

3 hours ago, Mspearls said:

Hi my sister received a disqualification letter saying  that she “did not indicate that you possess the required license and/or permit for this exam.”

Are drivers license from other states invalid?

Can she appeal?

Highly doubt she can appeal that disqualification. The requirements were clearly stated on the NOE. 

NYS drivers license and one year full time work experience. 

59 minutes ago, apokeguy said:

Highly doubt she can appeal that disqualification. The requirements were clearly stated on the NOE. 

NYS drivers license and one year full time work experience. 

The Notice says a license “valid in NYS”. If NYS residency is not a requirement why wouldn’t drivers license from other states be valid?  It’s just confusing to me, because I took the test and my license was expired yet they sent me a list number. 

26 minutes ago, Mspearls said:

The Notice says a license “valid in NYS”. If NYS residency is not a requirement why wouldn’t drivers license from other states be valid?  It’s just confusing to me, because I took the test and my license was expired yet they sent me a list number. 

Did she have the license before the end of the filing period?

I’m not 100% sure but that letter may just be a failing letter. My friend guessed a lot of his answers because he was pissed off and tired. His disqualification letter states that he didn’t meet the education requirements. He’s had a hs diploma for 13yrs, DL for 10years, and worked at his job for 9years plus. Only thing I can think of is that he failed. Because he has everything that they said he didn’t meet.