ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

2 hours ago, JoeBro0993 said:

I have mild sleep apnea on a low level. So the doctor said I’m good. Plus I got a gastric bypass so I’m going to be losing a lot of weight. I’m good for the rest of my career. 

Awesome news! 

Welcome if you come to the B and post on that Fox ill look for ya..

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, JoeBro0993 said:

I have mild sleep apnea on a low level. So the doctor said I’m good. Plus I got a gastric bypass so I’m going to be losing a lot of weight. I’m good for the rest of my career. 

Congrats. I was found to have moderate. Still don’t know how. Either way I’m going on the machine next week, and hoping there will be a spot for me in mid September 

Edited by kev2112

On 7/30/2021 at 6:39 PM, Fiye said:

Any updates from those that started school car this week? 

Hey guys, a few things:

1. On the green paper you receive after medical your shirt attire should be a BUTTON UP shirt in the color that they specify (no polos). The paper wasn’t  clear on that for me. 

2. Don’t be late! It’s taken very seriously and the quickest way to be let go.  Whenever you go to a new area get there with at least a 30 minute buffer.

3. Study a little everyday of what your TSS instructor tells you, and don’t try to jump ahead or you will get overwhelmed (and don’t cram!!)

4. Have fun!

Congrats to everyone! We’ve waited a long time for this. Look forward to seeing you in the future. 

Hey guys, for those that are already in class, what kind of pants is the best option? I have all black jeans pretty much but I don't think that is acceptable attire for them. I know it says dark blue, where do they sell those cuz imma buy a few.

Edited by JoeBro0993

10 minutes ago, JoeBro0993 said:

Hey guys, for those that are already in class, what kind of pants is the best option? I have all black jeans pretty much but I don't think that is acceptable attire for them. I know it says dark blue, where do they sell those cuz imma buy a few.

Don't bother buying a few because u gonna get some issued to u as part of your uniform. Buy maybe 2 pairs of navy blue Dickies or anything similar. Actually, u can just buy red kap brand on Amazon which are cheap and are the assigned pants anyway(altho they just switched uniform companies so they might be using a different brand). Make sure they don't have cargo pockets, just regular work pants. But yeah i wouldn't buy too many, 2 at most.

21 minutes ago, beanz said:

Don't bother buying a few because u gonna get some issued to u as part of your uniform. Buy maybe 2 pairs of navy blue Dickies or anything similar. Actually, u can just buy red kap brand on Amazon which are cheap and are the assigned pants anyway(altho they just switched uniform companies so they might be using a different brand). Make sure they don't have cargo pockets, just regular work pants. But yeah i wouldn't buy too many, 2 at most.

Cool thanks man, I appreciate you.

On 8/5/2021 at 10:09 AM, Jclarke said:

I’m the low 2000s. I haven’t gotten a canvas yet. I’m assuming they stopped in the 1900s as far as canvassing. 

Gotcha. I'm 20**. Hopefully they pick back up with the processing. Haven't heard about a September class yet in the field. 

Hey guys, I've got a hopefully quick question. I was just wondering what exactly are they measuring in the urine test for diabetes during the medical? I was googling just in case I get the notice for medical this week and saw that sometimes they look for ketones which signals stuff with insulin potentially or they measure actual blood sugar levels. I've been following the keto diet for a while and would hate to get false flagged due to the ketones which come with the diet and delayed on starting.

51 minutes ago, dee-bees said:

Hey guys, I've got a hopefully quick question. I was just wondering what exactly are they measuring in the urine test for diabetes during the medical? I was googling just in case I get the notice for medical this week and saw that sometimes they look for ketones which signals stuff with insulin potentially or they measure actual blood sugar levels. I've been following the keto diet for a while and would hate to get false flagged due to the ketones which come with the diet and delayed on starting.

I'm almost certain they are not testing for ketones. I did the medical before and it seemed like a sugar test. Uncontrolled diabetes means sugar in the urine. I was in a state of ketosis when I did the medical and I passed. How's the keto diet working for you?

1 hour ago, Harlem said:

I'm almost certain they are not testing for ketones. I did the medical before and it seemed like a sugar test. Uncontrolled diabetes means sugar in the urine. I was in a state of ketosis when I did the medical and I passed. How's the keto diet working for you?

Thanks for letting me know. That helps a lot. Didn't want one more thing to be paranoid about, though I'm still debating having a couple bananas or something the night before to maybe cover my bases. I'm hoping they call me in before the end of this week just so I can get this over. The diet's been pretty good. Been on keto for a little over two years and have lost about 100 pounds. It's basically become a way of life anymore. I've been plateaued for the last little while so I'm trying to add in bouts of fasting and different exercises to maybe give it a boost now. 

15 hours ago, Harlem said:

I was in ketosis, and 18 hours fasting during my medical. They  were using multi stix, but the nurse didn’t say anything about ketones.   Btw, IF and Keto have allowed me to lose 50 pounds since January 2021

4 minutes ago, Embalmman said:

I was in ketosis, and 18 hours fasting during my medical. They  were using multi stix, but the nurse didn’t say anything about ketones.   Btw, IF and Keto have allowed me to lose 50 pounds since January 2021

All these keto meal plans I've seen are super expensive like 190 a week got 18 meals a week for 6 days breakfast lunch and dinner...