ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, nickynick86 said:

Just received my canvassing email yesterday and I’m uncertain if I’m ready to move to the front at this time. Currently I’m in the middle as a conductor. Does anyone know how to go about putting things on hold for a future class

Might be better off doing that. What’s your list number?

2 minutes ago, STtoMTA said:

If you want to defer you’ll have to email me Vargas at the email stated in some of these posts stating why and that you want to defer for now

Also…if you’re unsure, don’t.  You don’t wanna screw your self out of both positions

19 minutes ago, nickynick86 said:

Just received my canvassing email yesterday and I’m uncertain if I’m ready to move to the front at this time. Currently I’m in the middle as a conductor. Does anyone know how to go about putting things on hold for a future class

How long have you been a conductor for?

19 minutes ago, Redsino85 said:

Hey guys, I received a text yesterday stating for me to response to the email canvass, however I have yet to receive this email. My list number is 21xx. Does it take a couple of days for the email to show up after the initial text? Thanks!

I received the text as well and about a couple minutes later I checked for the email and it was in my inbox. Did you check your junk mail? 

9 minutes ago, nickynick86 said:

I received the text as well and about a couple minutes later I checked for the email and it was in my inbox. Did you check your junk mail? 

Yes. I’m hoping I get the email by the weekend. Does anyone have a contact number for me to call and check if my email is correct?

4 hours ago, JoeBro0993 said:

the entire document, just read carefully and don't fill out anything you don't know. Sign everything that requires a signature. 

Copy. Thanks. I was asking because when I went through this for the CR position they didn't want anything filled out until you where there but the pre-employment stuff. Pre-covid though. 

13 minutes ago, AngelQ said:

Hey guys just got went through the medical process and I am officially qualified for the position.  What's next? 

18xx

Uh, whoever swore you in should have told you what to do next. You should have been given papers stating when and where you report and where to order your boots.

3 hours ago, nickynick86 said:

Yea I also thought about this as well. If I don’t care for it just go back 

Man take the to job and go back to cr if u hate it. Get your money bro who knows the next time they’re gonna be offering this position 

34 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Uh, whoever swore you in should have told you what to do next. You should have been given papers stating when and where you report and where to order your boots.

Actually I'm still here waiting on fingerprinting......its been 7 hours plus here alrdy 😒

28 minutes ago, N930 said:

Man take the to job and go back to cr if u hate it. Get your money bro who knows the next time they’re gonna be offering this position 

Actually i suggest being sure before taking the job. It's gonna be there but if he isn't sure, comes and takes a seat, and decides a month in he doesn't like it...then all he or she would be doing is taking a seat from someone else. A lot of conductors go back.

2 minutes ago, beanz said:

Actually i suggest being sure before taking the job. It's gonna be there but if he isn't sure, comes and takes a seat, and decides a month in he doesn't like it...then all he or she would be doing is taking a seat from someone else. A lot of conductors go back.

She* but yes I’m really on the fence about it. I don’t want to waste anyone’s time. I am aware that there are other people out there that really want this. I’m def going to weigh out the pros and cons. 

1 minute ago, nickynick86 said:

She* but yes I’m really on the fence about it. I don’t want to waste anyone’s time. I am aware that there are other people out there that really want this. I’m def going to weigh out the pros and cons. 

It's a great job but it requires some sacrifice as far as all the traveling in the beginning. If you haven't been a Cr for long then u must be xx anyway. What would suck is what happened to a classmate who was a Cr in the A division and our whole induction got sent to the B. He went back because the traveling was just too much which i understand being a Bronx resident.

Think about it long and hard but it really is a great job. Just be sure before u come cause it isn't the easiest.