Jump to content
Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

T/O #7604 Hiring Process


ren
Message added by SevenEleven

TRAIN OPERATOR #7604

List Status Update: 5/19/2021

Pay: Starts at $34 and increases to $36 after 231 days on the road following the completion of schoolcar.

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial P/E: (1400s); For Medical: (low 1400s)

Classes Scheduled: Unknown

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, beanz said:

It's a great job but it requires some sacrifice as far as all the traveling in the beginning. If you haven't been a Cr for long then u must be xx anyway. What would suck is what happened to a classmate who was a Cr in the A division and our whole induction got sent to the B. He went back because the traveling was just too much which i understand being a Bronx resident.

 

Think about it long and hard but it really is a great job. Just be sure before u come cause it isn't the easiest.

Yea I’m currently in B div and I’m xx. Tbh if they told me I was getting sent to the A div I wouldn’t even consider it. Appreciate your input. Def will think about it 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, beanz said:

Actually i suggest being sure before taking the job. It's gonna be there but if he isn't sure, comes and takes a seat, and decides a month in he doesn't like it...then all he or she would be doing is taking a seat from someone else. A lot of conductors go back.

Exactly

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, nickynick86 said:

Yea I’m currently in B div and I’m xx. Tbh if they told me I was getting sent to the A div I wouldn’t even consider it. Appreciate your input. Def will think about it 

They just hired a BOATLOAD for B so you’re most likely going to be A from my source

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, AngelQ said:

Hey guys I got sworn in today for the Aug 30th class.  When would be the best time to put in my 2 weeks for both my current jobs?

I put my two weeks today to depart from my current job on the 26th and have a nice 3 day weekend. You should be resigning before the 30th though so you do you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, STtoMTA said:

They just hired a BOATLOAD for B so you’re most likely going to be A from my source

So b division isn’t looking to good for this aug. class? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JoeBro0993 said:

I put my two weeks today to depart from my current job on the 26th and have a nice 3 day weekend. You should be resigning before the 30th though so you do you. 

Ok thx

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Fiye said:

So b division isn’t looking to good for this aug. class? 

Nobody can say that for sure, but i can tell u B division is super short of train ops and conductors. I doubt they will just skip B division. 

 

Both are short, but B division is shorter i would say.

Edited by beanz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, beanz said:

Nobody can say that for sure, but i can tell u B division is super short of train ops and conductors. I doubt they will just skip B division. 

 

Both are short, but B division is shorter i would say.

I would assume that also especially with B having more lines. By the way it seems like everyone that made it to school car just disappeared lol. No updates anyone? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Fiye said:

I would assume that also especially with B having more lines. By the way it seems like everyone that made it to school car just disappeared lol. No updates anyone? 

People are likely so mentally and physically exhausted they don't have time to post. Schoolcar in the summer is no joke. Walking around all these yards and trying to learn signals and all of that stuff leaves no time or energy for forums.

 

My class is about to finish YX and go back to the school to learn cbtc and then start road ops and road posting. We are scheduled to come out on the road in the end of October.

  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, AngelQ said:

Hey guys I got sworn in today for the Aug 30th class.  When would be the best time to put in my 2 weeks for both my current jobs?

Depends on how long you want to take a break now before joining Transit. If you're in the 8/30 class, it will mean that next year you only get four vacation days and cannot pick a week off as the minimum is 5 days. With those four vacation days, you can either cash them out before the end of next year or you can request a day off 3-20 days in advanced stringing up to 3 days in a row IIRC, but good luck with that as you might not get all the days off.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Only by a hair on the blood pressure did I pass medical so I'm in for the class on the 30th. Got a long commute to do each day coming from Jersey but I knew that coming in to it. Now I just have to constantly stress out about passing the training. lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, dee-bees said:

Only by a hair on the blood pressure did I pass medical so I'm in for the class on the 30th. Got a long commute to do each day coming from Jersey but I knew that coming in to it. Now I just have to constantly stress out about passing the training. lol

You'll pass...it really isn't that hard if u put in the effort. The hardest part is getting to work on time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, beanz said:

You'll pass...it really isn't that hard if u put in the effort. The hardest part is getting to work on time. 

That's my biggest worry coming from Jersey since it means I have a couple extra trains to worry about being on time than just the subway. Trying to plan it so I get there at least 30 minutes before start time for a little leeway. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Redsino85 said:

Can anyone provide me with a number to in contact with the employment center because I received a call and text for the canvassing but I did not get the email. Any help will be appreciated!

I had this same issue, you just need to show up in business casual attire at the time specified in the text and when you get there have the people at the window fix your email address. They had the wrong email for me. Bring your ID, birth certificate, social and diploma. Good Luck.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, dee-bees said:

That's my biggest worry coming from Jersey since it means I have a couple extra trains to worry about being on time than just the subway. Trying to plan it so I get there at least 30 minutes before start time for a little leeway. 

If you're ever late due to a train delay write down the car numbers on the train and give it to the at ps248 when you're at the school or to your assigned tss during school car don't make up random numbers because they will find out best of luck on your new adventure :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Schecter said:

If you're ever late due to a train delay write down the car numbers on the train and give it to the at ps248 when you're at the school or to your assigned tss during school car don't make up random numbers because they will find out best of luck on your new adventure :)

Thanks. I'll be sure to do that if it comes up. Don't know if they would accept that for the Jersey bus and PATH I'll have to use, but at least the subway would be covered. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, dee-bees said:

Thanks. I'll be sure to do that if it comes up. Don't know if they would accept that for the Jersey bus and PATH I'll have to use, but at least the subway would be covered. 

Yeah they can't check NJT but the trains for the MTA they could most definitely check and it'll be excused. If they see that it was in fact late.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.