ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

46 minutes ago, dee-bees said:

Thanks. I'll be sure to do that if it comes up. Don't know if they would accept that for the Jersey bus and PATH I'll have to use, but at least the subway would be covered. 

Assuming you're heading to Herald Square, I would check the schedule and ultimately the MyMTA app on which Delta (25th Ave), Nancy (Ave U) or Fox (Ave U) you can catch to make it down to PS 248 on time. Try to be on the platform about 5-10 minutes before the train is scheduled to arrive as the midnight crews tend to operate fast to make up for any flagging they might get along the way and are used to operating fast. The Fox has the worst walk to the school with about a ten minute walk max, but at least you're down there. I live along the Fox so it was still the easiest for me to get to 248.

Edit:  Going to the union hall. you can take the PATH to WTC and catch the 2/3 at Park Place for the Borough Hall stop.

Edited by Jericho

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Assuming you're heading to Herald Square, I would check the schedule and ultimately the MyMTA app on which Delta (25th Ave), Nancy (Ave U) or Fox (Ave U) you can catch to make it down to PS 248 on time. Try to be on the platform about 5-10 minutes before the train is scheduled to arrive as the midnight crews tend to operate fast to make up for any flagging they might get along the way and are used to operating fast. The Fox has the worst walk to the school with about a ten minute walk max, but at least you're down there. I live along the Fox so it was still the easiest for me to get to 248.

Edit:  Going to the union hall. you can take the PATH to WTC and catch the 2/3 at Park Place for the Borough Hall stop.

Thank you. Yeah, looking at it all as of now, it looks like my best option is bus-PATH-N train should get me there a little past 6:30 and we have to be there by 7. Means I have to leave the house at like 4 am but I kind of expected it. Good thing is I've worked 12 hour shifts for about ten years so I'm used to the long days. 

1 minute ago, dee-bees said:

Thank you. Yeah, looking at it all as of now, it looks like my best option is bus-PATH-N train should get me there a little past 6:30 and we have to be there by 7. Means I have to leave the house at like 4 am but I kind of expected it. Good thing is I've worked 12 hour shifts for about ten years so I'm used to the long days. 

Think of the pros more than the cons leave at 4am and end up with an exciting career not a job but a career.

1 minute ago, Schecter said:

Think of the pros more than the cons leave at 4am and end up with an exciting career not a job but a career.

Oh, I know. I've always been fascinated with the trains and the system, and never thought I'd have the opportunity to work in them. I knew going in starting it would be almost like a boot camp of sorts, and a real commitment to the work in especially the first couple of years, but I've been prepping for it all ever since I took the test four years ago. A lot of it still feels daunting but I'm sure it comes with the time, learning, and effort like anything else. 

4 hours ago, dee-bees said:

Only by a hair on the blood pressure did I pass medical so I'm in for the class on the 30th. Got a long commute to do each day coming from Jersey but I knew that coming in to it. Now I just have to constantly stress out about passing the training. lol

What does your blood pressure have to be under?

On 8/11/2021 at 2:46 PM, Bk180 said:

Just got done my medical and was put on hold have to get a letter from my dr. To anyone else who had that same issue..they told me I had to email them to get another medical appointment..did they contact you quickly after you emailed them? Super bummed but going to try to get this alleviated quickly 

Ok well since no one answered me I’ll answer what I asked just incase someone else is in that predicament. Drug tested 8/3 did medical 8/11 was put on medical hold. Got paperwork the next day and was able to go in today and get sworn in for the 8/30 class. Good luck to all my brothers and sisters joining me at the end of the month. Let’s get this money.

2 minutes ago, thegameksk said:

If its over are you dismissed or they will still accept you if your taking medicine under a drs care?

My bp was significantly higher than 130 and it didn’t hold me up. They said my ekg was normal so it was fine.

20 minutes ago, AngelQ said:

Hey guys I'm trying to create an account at Safgard.com/mtanyct with my pass number and employee ID number but its not working for me.  Any suggestions on what I should do?

Mine worked, just tried it a few days ago. The lady who sworn me in told me to try after the first day of class because a lot of people was having problems with it. I gave it a week then tried it and it worked.

13 hours ago, c-train said:

Mine worked, just tried it a few days ago. The lady who sworn me in told me to try after the first day of class because a lot of people was having problems with it. I gave it a week then tried it and it worked.

After the 1st day of class??  I thought you needed your boots for the 1st day??

12 minutes ago, AngelQ said:

After the 1st day of class??  I thought you needed your boots for the 1st day??

You do but if you can't get show the tss at the school proof that you ordered the boots and that you're waiting for them, or tell them you're having a problem ordering them and they might be able to help you out. You're definitely going to need your boots when you go to the yard to climb up on the train.

LISTEN UP all new hires and Hopefuls..

Pay strict attention to MTA polices regarding cell phones in customer view and operating with unauthorized people in that cab..

One of our coworkers had a female friend for a few joy rides(With her operating the train) and its all over social media and the news had a story about it..

Im sure when you are in Schoolcar or even orientation you will get a earful about it..

7 minutes ago, RTOMan said:

LISTEN UP all new hires and Hopefuls..

Pay strict attention to MTA polices regarding cell phones in customer view and operating with unauthorized people in that cab..

One of our coworkers had a female friend for a few joy rides(With her operating the train) and its all over social media and the news had a story about it..

Im sure when you are in Schoolcar or even orientation you will get a earful about it..

That video is crazy lmao that guy is stupid just lost ruined his career saw all 3 videos its nothing but shameful, things people do makes zero sense.

1 minute ago, Harlem said:

He who is without sin, let him cast the first stone.....

There's a difference while you using bible quotes here, let me know any incident where someone let someone unauthorized operate a train.

Its apparent you don't know the ramifications behind this you get hired you'll find out.