ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

21 minutes ago, beanz said:

I don't know if any have been scheduled but i would certainly bet on it. Lots of holes to fill. Lots more retirements coming before the year is out.

Great thanks...I should be off medical hold (Sleep apnea) by September 20

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greetings all. Does anyone know how long a medical evaluation lasts for? My medical was on 8/2, I passed everything and am currently using a CPAP machine to clear a medical hold.  I'm just curious if I'll  have to do medical again when I clear my hold in September. Thanks to all of you for the always helpful info.

1 hour ago, Schecter said:

I heard there's a class coming towards the end of September and the middle of November keep an eye out this year for those emails. 

Hopefully. I called them and they told me they are still “reviewing my application” (which I don’t know how but it’s whatever). I have to call them back in a couple weeks and hopefully I’ll be in the September class

Edited by tvega961

1 minute ago, kev2112 said:

Greetings all. Does anyone know how long a medical evaluation lasts for? My medical was on 8/2, I passed everything and am currently using a CPAP machine to clear a medical hold.  I'm just curious if I'll  have to do medical again when I clear my hold in September. Thanks to all of you for the always helpful info.

The doctor just needs to see your results to clear you and then it's just waiting for the next class.

21 hours ago, Ay2924 said:

I went for the drug test on 8/6 i still haven’t heard anything to come back for medical…does anyone know how long it will take for me to get a email back?

list number mid 19xx

I went for the drug test a couple days before u but the same week then did the medical the following Week and was sworn in. List number high 1800s. Maybe they filled up the 8/30 class early and are waiting to call people for the next class. If you’re dt was clean you’ll be ok they’ll call u soon. Maybe try emailing Vargas just to make sure u didn’t miss an email or something 

On 8/21/2021 at 10:06 AM, N930 said:

I went for the drug test a couple days before u but the same week then did the medical the following Week and was sworn in. List number high 1800s. Maybe they filled up the 8/30 class early and are waiting to call people for the next class. If you’re dt was clean you’ll be ok they’ll call u soon. Maybe try emailing Vargas just to make sure u didn’t miss an email or something 

Stupid question, so when you're sworn in, that's the final job offer right? I wanna make sure I resign from my current job at the right time.

19 minutes ago, Tony77 said:

Stupid question, so when you're sworn in, that's the final job offer right? I wanna make sure I resign from my current job at the right time.

When you get passed for medical you get sworn in the same day. They give you the date of when your class will start and you have to resign your current Job before that date. 

Just now, JoeBro0993 said:

When you get passed for medical you get sworn in the same day. They give you the date of when your class will start and you have to resign your current Job before that date. 

Thank you for that info!

18 hours ago, Tony77 said:

Yep. As long as your fingerprints come back good you’re good lol. They’ll let u kno your start date in writing then you resign. It may or may not be 2 weeks notice notice though 

13 minutes ago, dee-bees said:

Just got an email saying my Day 2 of class, the first in-person day, time has changed from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm on the 31st. I don't know if that's true for everyone but thought I'd throw a heads up just in case. 

YES, TRUE. GOT THE SAME EMAIL 50MINUTES AGO. MAKE SURE WHEN YOU GET THE EMAIL, REPLY TO CONFIRM TO MS. VARGAS THAT YOU GOT THE EMAIL.

26 minutes ago, dee-bees said:

Just got an email saying my Day 2 of class, the first in-person day, time has changed from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm on the 31st. I don't know if that's true for everyone but thought I'd throw a heads up just in case. 

Me too!  

41 minutes ago, dee-bees said:

Just got it too