ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

46 minutes ago, Ricardo924 said:

Just got the email to come in for pre-employment on Monday! I know that the information is buried somewhere in this thread, but what should I expect?

Did your email say MTA New York City Transit is considering you for a position as a Conductor and invites you to our facility at MTA 180 Livingston street (between Smith and Hoyt Streets), 5th floor??? I’m confused because the subject says Train Operator and in the email it said conductor lol. Was wondering if your email said the same. 

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, TraDon said:

Also in conjunction with what @STtoMTA said, be sure to bring your state ID (driver's, non-driver's or other qualifying ID), social security card, birth certificate or passport, and HS diploma or college degree. Everything must be an original document.

If you have tickets or violations that you have pending or haven't paid off they will tell you to pay them there on the spot or they will dismiss you and you will not take the drug test.

In the employment section of the paperwork they sent you, be sure to put the reason why you left that job. Indicate if you Resigned, were Terminated or Laid-off. They will ask you to write that in if you do not already have it there.

If you have been drug tested in the previous 2 years (I believe) for a job they will ask you to sign a release for the results of that drug test.

Make sure you have to urinate once you get called. If you do not have to urinate once you are called, or you do not produce enough urine, you will be given water every 30-60 minutes for up to 3 hours before you can try again. I hope my memory is correct on 3 hours. It's something like that. Just make sure you gotta go either by waiting or drinking water.

Bring something to drink because the machine is notorious for not working (what I was told when I took the drug test). You will be there for a long time so if you need a snack bring one.

When you say tickets or violations, are you talking about parking tickets and moving violations? I currently have a few parking tickets that I’m in the midst of paying off and two moving violations that I put in a claim of not guilty for. Should I pay all of them off now?

Also, my list number is 20**

4 minutes ago, MNB0205 said:

Did your email say MTA New York City Transit is considering you for a position as a Conductor and invites you to our facility at MTA 180 Livingston street (between Smith and Hoyt Streets), 5th floor??? I’m confused because the subject says Train Operator and in the email it said conductor lol. Was wondering if your email said the same. 

It was, but I’m not too concerned about it. At this point, I’ll take it as long as it is at least within range of my teaching salary (which it is, haha).

35 minutes ago, Ricardo924 said:

Could it be problematic? I didn’t take the exam for conductor, but I’m going to email RTO today. 

Yes, you and @MNB0205 should contact Transit and make sure you two are fine. You don't want to take any chances and waste a day coming in for nothing.

Also to clarify for everyone, the train operator position requires a driver license.

1 hour ago, Ricardo924 said:

When you say tickets or violations, are you talking about parking tickets and moving violations? I currently have a few parking tickets that I’m in the midst of paying off and two moving violations that I put in a claim of not guilty for. Should I pay all of them off now?

Also, my list number is 20**

They will want you to have it all paid off. When I was getting hired, they made people go down a couple blocks to the Brooklyn Business Center to pay them off and bring back the receipt.

46 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Yes, you and @MNB0205 should contact Transit and make sure you two are fine. You don't want to take any chances and waste a day coming in for nothing.

Also to clarify for everyone, the train operator position requires a driver license.

They will want you to have it all paid off. When I was getting hired, they made people go down a couple blocks to the Brooklyn Business Center to pay them off and bring back the receipt.

Who do I contact? What’s the information?

2 hours ago, Jericho said:

I wonder if they’ll let me do a payment plan or something. I’m going to email them to find out exactly! Thanks for all the help!

14 minutes ago, Fiye said:

Just to clarify guys drivers license is not required for train operator position a ID is enough and also tickets MUST be paid off to move on to the next steps in processing. Nothing can be pending. They make a big deal about this. 

According to the Notice of Examination (here) for this TO exam a valid driver's license is required for the job.

On 9/18/2021 at 12:00 PM, Ricardo924 said:

Could it be problematic? I didn’t take the exam for conductor, but I’m going to email RTO today. 

I emailed her and she confirmed that it is in did for train operator. I am sure it was written in here a million times. But do I have to wear business attire for tomorrow? It’s the 1st step. The drug/alcohol part. 

On 9/18/2021 at 11:35 AM, MNB0205 said:

Yes I have that same email but I go in tomorrow at 6:30. Does anyone know if this is not medical or drug testing? Also do we have to fill out the same 14 page canvas letter again. I received a link for that as well. Also dress code business attire?

Im high 19xx 

thank you. 

11 minutes ago, Steph said:

Yes I have that same email but I go in tomorrow at 6:30. Does anyone know if this is not medical or drug testing? Also do we have to fill out the same 14 page canvas letter again. I received a link for that as well. Also dress code business attire?

Im high 19xx 

thank you. 

Business attire yes, have all the canvass papers complete and printed for them just in case, be there early, and most likely just drug test