ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

Hi Everyone!!! So today I completed my 1st step. It was a smooth easy process. I arrived at 5:45am. Plenty of parking garages very close by. So there should be no parking issues for anyone. Once I handed in all of my paperwork the next step was to walk over to the lab and take the urine drug test. Once that was completed, I was told I could go home. I was only there from 6:30am and I walked out of the building before 8am. 

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Ricardo924 said:

So I’m a little upset because it turns out that I didn’t need to come down here at all today. They told me to wait for an email telling me to come in for the medical, and that the email I received was sent in error. Kind of sucks because I can only take so many days off from work. 

That's really really messed up. 

20 minutes ago, MNB0205 said:

Hi Everyone!!! So today I completed my 1st step. It was a smooth easy process. I arrived at 5:45am. Plenty of parking garages very close by. So there should be no parking issues for anyone. Once I handed in all of my paperwork the next step was to walk over to the lab and take the urine drug test. Once that was completed, I was told I could go home. I was only there from 6:30am and I walked out of the building before 8am. 

I wish my drug testing day was that quick. I had an 8:15 time and I didn't leave the building until after 1:30.

30 minutes ago, TraDon said:

Medical is part of pre-employment. You get called for drug testing first. Once you've passed that then you get called for medical. You're still not employed with them so it is all pre-employment. That is supposed to be how it goes unless they added a step in-between drug testing and medical.

That’s hellllla quick 

1 hour ago, Ricardo924 said:

So I’m a little upset because it turns out that I didn’t need to come down here at all today. They told me to wait for an email telling me to come in for the medical, and that the email I received was sent in error. Kind of sucks because I can only take so many days off from work. 

I had a feeling that was a little bit too quick. Wow I’m really sorry man that’s awful 

1 hour ago, MNB0205 said:

Yes plenty of parking garages I believe most are about 20 dollars for 12 hrs early bird special. Just don’t come in with an SUV. The placed I parked at was an extra 25 dollars for SUV. 

51 minutes ago, Steph said:

Yes plenty of parking garages I believe most are about 20 dollars for 12 hrs early bird special. Just don’t come in with an SUV. The placed I parked at was an extra 25 dollars for SUV. 

Would you get off my post!! Haha just kidding. Keep in touch though.

1 hour ago, kev2112 said:

Greetings all. I'm going in to clear my medical hold Thursday. For those of you that know, do you think there is any chance I can clear my hold and get hired the same day?  Many thanks

If there are still spots in the October class which there should be, yes.

42 minutes ago, MNB0205 said:

I am sure this question and the answer is buried in here somewhere. But what exactly do they do for the medical? And about how long after drug test do you get called to come back in? Thanks in advance guys!!!

Eye test, hearing test, piss test, blood pressure, ekg. Then you see the doctor. And if you pass all those things, and have a neck that measures bigger than 16.5 inches, you have to go for a sleep study. (My personal story) 

14 minutes ago, kev2112 said:

Eye test, hearing test, piss test, blood pressure, ekg. Then you see the doctor. And if you pass all those things, and have a neck that measures bigger than 16.5 inches, you have to go for a sleep study. (My personal story) 

Okay my question is … can you bring in a letter from your doctor to the medical? That way if you know you have any issues they won’t put you on hold? Like I usually always fail the Ekg but I’m perfectly healthy nothing wrong with me. Are notes allowed before hand from a cardiologist or no?

Okay my question is … can you bring in a letter from your doctor to the medical? That way if you know you have any issues they won’t put you on hold? Like I usually always fail the Ekg but I’m perfectly healthy nothing wrong with me. Are notes allowed before hand from a cardiologist or no?

22 minutes ago, MNB0205 said:

Okay my question is … can you bring in a letter from your doctor to the medical? That way if you know you have any issues they won’t put you on hold? Like I usually always fail the Ekg but I’m perfectly healthy nothing wrong with me. Are notes allowed before hand from a cardiologist or no?

I brought a note in from my doctor stating I had no sleep apnea. Didn’t help. But if you have a note, bring it

32 minutes ago, MNB0205 said:

They will likely want the test results itself.